The Democrat Utopia

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I would agree that maybe sending the Speaker of the House is a thing for debate. Someone from the Administration should have. But you know there's no way that was going to happen.

You got that - no way in the world Trump admin sends anyone.  We already know what he thinks of Africa.  Sorry for not reading the original article - I wouldn't have responded as I did.  Best to read first before you JUMP to conclusions.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

I would agree that maybe sending the Speaker of the House is a thing for debate. Someone from the Administration should have. But you know there's no way that was going to happen.

Yeah, there's no way this administration is traveling to any of those s#!t hole countries

• 1 month later...

Sen. Hirono: Democrats Have a Hard Time "Connecting" With People Because Of "How Smart We Are"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/12/06/sen_hirono_democrats_have_a_hard_time_connecting_with_people_because_of_how_smart_we_are.html?fbclid=IwAR0st_YqGpGLXSUlpH3hR_lf9pwPPYAIPePQM6CW5cV4cD7TPDcxhVWPI50

"We have a really hard time doing that," Hirono lamented, "and one of the reasons it was told to me at one of our retreats was that we Democrats know so much, that is true. And we have kind of have to tell everyone how smart we are and so we have a tendency to be very left brain."

23 minutes ago, Red Dead Redemption said:

Sen. Hirono: Democrats Have a Hard Time "Connecting" With People Because Of "How Smart We Are"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/12/06/sen_hirono_democrats_have_a_hard_time_connecting_with_people_because_of_how_smart_we_are.html?fbclid=IwAR0st_YqGpGLXSUlpH3hR_lf9pwPPYAIPePQM6CW5cV4cD7TPDcxhVWPI50

"We have a really hard time doing that," Hirono lamented, "and one of the reasons it was told to me at one of our retreats was that we Democrats know so much, that is true. And we have kind of have to tell everyone how smart we are and so we have a tendency to be very left brain."

Wow....there isn't elitism there.

• Plus1 2
28 minutes ago, Red Dead Redemption said:

If you are really smart, you can figure out ways to connect with others, and you don't say stupid crap like this out loud.

• Plus1 1

She worded it badly but she was really just critiquing democrats campaign strategy saying the dems use too many statistics and such but don't speak to peoples hearts like Trump does, which realistically is true. Trump uses charged language and creates emotion on the campaign trail and it works. Hirono is just pointing out Democrats approach to campaigning is too policy focused for the electorate which isn't completely false. She could of worded it better, but also RCP is known for this type of gotcha journalism especially covering liberals.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Red Dead Redemption said:

Wow.  Talk about taking bits and pieces of a quote way out of context to try to make a point.

Meanwhile, a full quote from the Republican President in full context:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1172853679642333185

Like I mentioned in another thread, I wish the GOP would treat me like I was smarter.  Policies aside, the Democratic reps to tend to seem smarter when they speak and what they speak about.  It's like Ben Sasse and other GOP reps relegating the Green New Deal to "cow farts".  I'm tired of my representatives treating me like I'm a middle schooler.  Grow up!

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Wow.  Talk about taking bits and pieces of a quote way out of context to try to make a point.

Meanwhile, a full quote from the Republican President in full context:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1172853679642333185

Like I mentioned in another thread, I wish the GOP would treat me like I was smarter.  Policies aside, the Democratic reps to tend to seem smarter when they speak and what they speak about.  It's like Ben Sasse and other GOP reps relegating the Green New Deal to "cow farts".  I'm tired of my representatives treating me like I'm a middle schooler.  Grow up!

You're making a comparison to show that Trump says dumb things?

That's a pretty low bar to step over. Don't hurt yourself.

46 minutes ago, Red Dead Redemption said:

You're making a comparison to show that Trump says dumb things?

That's a pretty low bar to step over. Don't hurt yourself.

No. I'm saying the author is cherry picking words from an interview to make up a quote that makes a politician seem like an elitist. 

Meanwhile, the President truly believes he is on a higher level than almost every other person on the planet and the same media that claims the left are full of "elites" don't seem to care.

I agree it's a  VERY low bar to step over, that's why I'm surprised so many journalists fail to make the step...

22 minutes ago, funhusker said:

No. I'm saying the author is cherry picking words from an interview to make up a quote that makes a politician seem like an elitist. 

Meanwhile, the President truly believes he is on a higher level than almost every other person on the planet and the same media that claims the left are full of "elites" don't seem to care.

I agree it's a  VERY low bar to step over, that's why I'm surprised so many journalists fail to make the step...

I wouldn't call RCP journalism