The Democrat Utopia

I know I discussed this a long time ago on here but I can't remember what thread it would be in.

I'm not sure E-Logs are having the intended affects.

Trucking Fatalities Reach Highest Level in 30 years

Trucker deaths continue to rise and are at their highest level in more than 30 years, according to data released Tuesday by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

The federal agency said 885 large truck occupants died in 2018. That’s an increase of almost 1 percent compared to the prior year. It is the highest since 1988 when 911 occupants of large trucks died.

Looking beyond truckers, overall deaths involving crashes with large trucks also continue to rise. The agency said 4,678 people died in collisions with large trucks last year. That’s up by almost 1 percent from the 4,369 that died in 2017.

Fatalities involving large trucks increased for the fourth consecutive year, the NHTSA said. And pedestrians killed in crashes involving large trucks increased by 13 percent last year.

“The numbers are even more reason that we shouldn’t head in the direction of loosening safety rules proven to work to make trucking safer, and that help reduce the risks for people who share the road with trucks,” said Russ Rader, spokesman for the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.

• 1 month later...

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

15 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

As usual, Bill Maher nails it....

Agree with Bill in part, but don't think it'll win over trumpers. Same token don't think it's wrong to give a voice to the marginalized and those who historically did not have one. Should we be ruining folks lives for a moment in time, no; but we shouldn't ignore their concerns either.

Side note, the only thing that will heal this country is time. Some folks are upset that they were called names over the past 4 years, and others are upset with how they were and have been treated. Only thing we can all agree on is, in terms of a cultural perspective, Trump was the most consequential president in modern history.

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

Some folks are upset that they were called names over the past 4 years

This is exactly what they are upset about, and it's hilarious. Meanwhile, voters are being disenfranchised across wide swaths of the country. So, basically the same thing. :D

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1