The Democrat Utopia

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Now you can wear woke jeans. 

LOL...that was pretty good.  I used to love SNL back a LONG time ago.  It was must see TV.  This skit is a little more back to what they used to be like when they could make fun of everyone.  Unfortunately....they got a little too WOKE themselves for a while.

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Well, I read the NYTimes opinion piece.  All I can say is....what a load of BS.

• Plus1 1

This seems like it would go against the Democrat chance of winning the Senate seats next time they are up in WV and AZ.   Manchin gets re-elected in the general election pretty easy I think if he’s not beat in a primary and probably the same with Sinema.  If Manchin gets primaried, the Dems lose that Senate seat for sure.  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/squad-strategists-pac-think-tank-190357516.html

• Plus1 1

That's a great phrase, "...a mistake they know they're making." 

They made this mistake the first time they tried trump. They going to slam their hand in that car door again, though. 

Way to go, Dems. You have a legit case for conviction and you piss it away.  Idiots.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

They made this mistake the first time they tried trump. They going to slam their hand in that car door again, though. 

Way to go, Dems. You have a legit case for conviction and you piss it away.  Idiots.

Dems operate like they're perpetually terrified of making mistakes. GOP as though they don't give a s#!t about public opinion.

Not a great dichotomy in a two-party system. :facepalm:

• Plus1 4
23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's hard to argue that witnesses could turn the tide of the trial, when 44 GOP senators think the trial is unconstitutional, and 3 GOP senators are strategizing with trump's legal team. This case doesn't need witnesses, it needs common sense and backbone, both of which are lacking on one side of the aisle.

• Plus1 2

34 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

It's hard to argue that witnesses could turn the tide of the trial, when 44 GOP senators think the trial is unconstitutional, and 3 GOP senators are strategizing with trump's legal team. This case doesn't need witnesses, it needs common sense and backbone, both of which are lacking on one side of the aisle.

Well if you will remember, in the first impeachment trial, pretty much every Dem said a trial is a sham If there are no witnesses and documents.  If they don’t call witnesses does that mean this trial is a sham? 

• Plus1 2
On 2/12/2021 at 11:29 AM, Archy1221 said:

Well if you will remember, in the first impeachment trial, pretty much every Dem said a trial is a sham If there are no witnesses and documents.  If they don’t call witnesses does that mean this trial is a sham? 

Think everyone is Congress was a witness.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well.... I just wish the Republican Senators were as open as you are in your support of him being found guilty.

I think they should have witnesses and I think they are being stupid not to.  They should be throwing absolutely everything they have at this entire issue and so it's even harder for Republican Senators to vote not guilty.

9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Incorrect. The Dems said the trial was a sham if they were not allowed to call witnesses and present documents.

• Plus1 1