The Democrat Utopia

19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Are the Dems trying to steal a house seat here?  I didn’t realize this was even going on 4 months after an election that has also been certified???

How is recounting stealing a house seat?  It's by 6 votes.  I would think everyone would want to make sure the count is correct with that thin of margin.

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Are the Dems trying to steal a house seat here?  I didn’t realize this was even going on 4 months after an election that has also been certified???

i remember a president who lost by millions of votes contesting an election....and he still claims he won.   i

would think trump supporters would welcome a dem doing this

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

With a difference of six votes, a recount makes sense. If the Democrat has more votes after the recount, that wouldn't be "stealing" a seat, it would be the proper outcome of the election. Same goes for the Republican.

The election was already certified and the Dem candidate didn’t even go through the Iowa court system to challenge which is proper procedure, instead went straight to the House

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

The election was already certified and the Dem candidate didn’t even go through the Iowa court system to challenge which is proper procedure, instead went straight to the House

I am unfamiliar with Iowa election laws. Is what the Dem candidate did legal?

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I am unfamiliar with Iowa election laws. Is what the Dem candidate did legal?

I believe the candidate can petition straight to the House.  Recount was already done and the norm is to go through the court system to challenge the recount 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Election, recount, and certification have already happened.  We are four months removed from the election and the loser wants Pelosi to change the outcome 

He's asking for a recount.  Now, if she's not going through the appropriate channels, fine.  But, I fail to see how a recount is stealing the election.  Is she asking Pelosi to disqualify certain votes or leave certain votes out?  I seem to remember that being suggested by someone before.