The Democrat Utopia

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I 100% disagree with his thoughts here.  

So they are living life the way it is suppose to be lived? Spending the rest of their life doing what they want to do and not making other people rich by breaking their backs. f#&% off dingbat (not you Archy)

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

So they are living life the way it is suppose to be lived? Spending the rest of their life doing what they want to do and not making other people rich by breaking their backs. f#&% off dingbat (not you Archy)

LMAO that you had to clarify “not you Archy”. :lol:  Made my afternoon.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How do these cities have the money to do this?  Every city I know struggles with the budget they have. I know it says it’s privately funded ...but ....

IMO it sounds as ill-advised as reparations.

A lot of people wouldn't complain about being gifted $500, but that doesn't necessarily teach anybody what to appropriately do with it, so you're really just encouraging a lot of people who don't know any better to spend it on things that they don't really need. That's not to say some of those folks won't be wise with the money, but...

If we want to help low-income families, maybe that money could go towards better community engagement programs and educational opportunities vs. an effective blank check. Maybe use the money to help fund a mentor program.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

IMO it sounds as ill-advised as reparations.

A lot of people wouldn't complain about being gifted $500, but that doesn't necessarily teach anybody what to appropriately do with it, so you're really just encouraging a lot of people who don't know any better to spend it on things that they don't really need. That's not to say some of those folks won't be wise with the money, but...

If we want to help low-income families, maybe that money could go towards better community engagement programs and educational opportunities vs. an effective blank check. Maybe use the money to help fund a mentor program.

It seems to me like a “feel good” move that won’t help much.  

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

In her own words: Woman describes Cuomo's alleged groping at mansion

The call came on a weekday in late November. The governor inexplicably had a technical issue with his mobile phone and needed assistance at the Executive Mansion.

He contacted one of his top executive assistants at the Capitol, Stephanie Benton, and made a blunt request: The governor wanted a specific female staff member to handle the minor assignment — a woman roughly half his age. That woman had joined the administration a few years earlier, eager to pursue a career in government and to put her bachelor's degree in political science to good use.

She walked to her car parked at the Capitol and drove a short distance to the governor's mansion. In a recent interview with the Times Union — her first public statements on the matter — she described what happened when she reached the office on the second floor: The governor came out from behind his desk, and began groping her in a sexually aggressive manner.

"And that wasn’t just a hug," she said. "He went for it and I kind of like was, 'Oh, the door is right there.' ... I was mortified that a woman who works here is going to come in and see. ... I was terrified of that happening, because that’s not who I am and that’s not what I’m here for."

As panic set in, it flashed in her mind that insulting the governor could cost her the career she had been working so hard to build.

"I said to him, I said, 'You’re going to get us in trouble,'" she recalled. "I didn’t know what else to say. … It was pretty much like 'What are you doing?' That’s when he slammed the door (shut). He said, 'I don’t care.'"

He walked toward her a second time.

"I remember exactly what I was wearing," she said. "I remember him slamming (the door) so hard that I remember thinking to myself that I’m sure the staff is, like, 'Is everything OK up there?' He came right back and he pulled me close and all I remember is seeing his hand, his big hand. I remember looking down like, 'Holy sh_.'"

The governor, she said, had reached under her blouse and his hand was grasping one of her breasts over her bra.

• Thanks 1