The Democrat Utopia

17 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The "mental disability" slur was just the smug turd on your self-righteous sundae.  

Try and have an honest non-smearing conversation for once in your life.  People with mental disabilities..i.e..mentally retarded, high on the spectrum, traumatic brain injury, etc…really don’t have much of a chance to succeed on their own economically and almost always need to rely on someone else.   It’s why I left them out of the equation in my statement. 

Try and be a little more honest in your conversation instead of trying to smear posters with things they didn’t actually say.   

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

34 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Try and have an honest non-smearing conversation for once in your life.  People with mental disabilities..i.e..mentally retarded, high on the spectrum, traumatic brain injury, etc…really don’t have much of a chance to succeed on their own economically and almost always need to rely on someone else.   It’s why I left them out of the equation in my statement. 

Try and be a little more honest in your conversation instead of trying to smear posters with things they didn’t actually say.   

Speaking of, can you share the comments from “the Squad” and CA delegation about making sure everyone gets the same outcomes regardless of work and effort when you get a moment?

I’m actually very curious about those comments.  

TIA

• Plus1 2
56 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I honestly think your original statement was smug and childish,  and you know perfectly well it was. 

Your attempt to explain it away is even worse. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I honestly think your original statement was smug and childish,  and you know perfectly well it was. 

Your attempt to explain it away is even worse. 

I honestly think you know you got caught making a clown statement and just can’t say sorry for making that idiotic statement. Par for the course though for you based on posting history. 

• Plus1 2
On 6/12/2021 at 2:08 PM, Archy1221 said:

I honestly think you know you got caught making a clown statement and just can’t say sorry for making that idiotic statement. Par for the course though for you based on posting history. 

I’ll be damned, but I still can’t find the remarks from the Squad you referenced earlier?

Are you sure they said that?

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

2018-2021

Then you can easily show me one then, right?

I mean, if they’re that easy to find.

I must not be good at this.  Here’s your chance to teach me something.  I’m not saying they definitely haven’t said it, I just don’t believe they did,

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, funhusker said:

That’s where I’ve been looking.  I can’t find it.  Do you possibly remember a time frame at least?

You will never find them saying everyone should make the same amount bc they never said it. They do, however, say that people working full time should make a living wage. They do say that people should not go bankrupt from medical bills. And they do say people should not be in debt for most of their life for getting an education. All of which I agree. And then, occasionally, they say stupid stuff like defund the police. Its all harmless, opinionated s#!t that people get up in arms about that will most likely never come to fruition in this country because there is too much money involved. 

• Plus1 5

6 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

You will never find them saying everyone should make the same amount bc they never said it. They do, however, say that people working full time should make a living wage. They do say that people should not go bankrupt from medical bills. And they do say people should not be in debt for most of their life for getting an education. All of which I agree. And then, occasionally, they say stupid stuff like defund the police. Its all harmless, opinionated s#!t that people get up in arms about that will most likely never come to fruition in this country because there is too much money involved. 

I know.

I’m just giving @Archy1221 a chance to have an “honest conversation” that he longs for.  

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Have you forgotten that the squad says the US should have no billionaires, that the top tax rate should be 70% over $10 million dollars.  Where is that money going?  From who to who.  Yes you are correct.  It re-distributes that wealth to those families/persons that didn’t earn it through these various free this and free that programs.  

BTW..what is a living wage?  Sounds cool, but what does that mean and how much is it?  

Who is in debt for the rest of their lives for getting an education?  If they are, why did they make such moronic choices to do that?  I mean how stupid does one have to be to not known what the job prospects are  for their given choice of study, how much that job pays, and is their college choice going to be worth it?  This has already been debunked, it’s a false talking point that the squad likes to make to try and get more free stuff for everyone that the top 10% pays for.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Have you forgotten that the squad says the US should have no billionaires, that the top tax rate should be 70% over $10 million dollars.  Where is that money going?  From who to who.  Yes you are correct.  It re-distributes that wealth to those families/persons that didn’t earn it through these various free this and free that programs.  

BTW..what is a living wage?  Sounds cool, but what does that mean and how much is it?  

Who is in debt for the rest of their lives for getting an education?  If they are, why did they make such moronic choices to do that?  I mean how stupid does one have to be to not known what the job prospects are  for their given choice of study, how much that job pays, and is their college choice going to be worth it?  This has already been debunked, it’s a false talking point that the squad likes to make to try and get more free stuff for everyone that the top 10% pays for.  

So what, its their opinion. It means nothing. And it gets people talking about how much is too much. Have you not been paying attention to the news the past couple weeks? Well most social media because the news would never talk about this because they are corrupt. Somebody leaked tax information for the very wealthy in this country. They paid practically nothing. In fact, taxpayers paid Bezos $10 billion. What do you call that Archy? Wealth distribution? No, its okay for them though keep kissing their feet. 

How about the news on Blackstone that even conservatives are up in arms about? Them buying up entire neighborhoods and single family homes all across the US and them turning them into rental properties. I dont know, sounds like wealth distribution to me since one of the main ways to build wealth in this country is through home ownership. Open your damn eyes, there are so many more recent problems then the damn squad tweeting something. 

And I dont know what a living wage is. Its different where a person lives. In Nebraska it will be leas than NYC. 

Like weve already talked about a million times, there are some people who go to college to party and get stupid degrees that dont mean anything. There are also some doctors, lawyers, etc still paying off student loans. Do we not need doctors or did they just make a stupid decision to become a doctor? Im currently getting my MBA-Healthcare. Google and my school website tell me that I can make a lot of money with this degree and the job prosepects are good. Google and my school website also cant predict the future, so while Im hopeful I made the correct choice and others have told me I am doing the right thing, who the hell knows if this degree will pay off. Some people get degrees with the same mindset as me. I hope this pays off, but it never does. Doesnt mean the person is “moronic”. 

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-secret-irs-files-trove-of-never-before-seen-records-reveal-how-the-wealthiest-avoid-income-tax

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I’d guess a living wage is high enough that a person doesn’t require govt assistance.  Please note that wages are paid for work in trade.   Where did they say we were going to give all that tax money to the non workers to make them on equal footing to the millionaires in this country?

Im starting to think you made a dishonest statement @archy1221…

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Somebody leaked tax information for the very wealthy in this country.

So let’s discuss and make sure you understand the difference between paper wealth and income.  

Let’s say Elon Musk is worth $50 billion on Jan 1, 2020.  Now let’s say Tesla stock doubled in 2020 and Musk is now worth $100 billion on Jan 1, 2021 but he didn’t sell any stock or very little stock.  What should his tax bill be in your mind?  He generated little to no income in this scenario. 

48 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

How about the news on Blackstone that even conservatives are up in arms about? Them buying up entire neighborhoods and single family homes all across the US and them turning them into rental properties.

There has to be a seller willing to sell to Blackstone correct?  Was the seller mandated to sell to Blackstone against their will?  I really don’t see the issue if no laws are being broken.  

51 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

And I dont know what a living wage is.

It’s a great soundbite but very few ever gives an answer to the question. 

52 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Google and my school website tell me that I can make a lot of money with this degree and the job prosepects are good. Google and my school website also cant predict the future, so while Im hopeful I made the correct choice and others have told me I am doing the right thing, who the hell knows if this degree will pay off. Some people get degrees with the same mindset as me. I hope this pays off, but it never does. Doesnt mean the person is “moronic”. 

You could also Google “pay as you go”.  May take a bit longer but you no longer have to worry about paying off a debt and you have your Master’s degree.  You could also Google “ pay most of what it costs as you go” knowing a little bit of debt is worth the risk for the Likelihood of higher income.  
However, you have chosen a field that is expanding with very good job prospects.  Sounds like you are making a well rounded decision and the risk/benefit ratio is in your favor.  Bravo. 

Now, do Doctors need help paying off their loans as the example you gave?   The top 5% of income earners?  The same doctors that if really worried about it could spend 5 years working in a rural or underserved area and get those loans paid for?  That is your example????  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1