The Democrat Utopia

10 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I checked out some of the contemporary tweets about Avenatti...wow the left was in love with that guy :blink:

Yes they were.  Only because they thought he could help with their agenda.  Avenatti is a perfect case study in showing how slanted left most of the media is

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good Lord....now Republicans have a problem with Hunter being an artist?  Have they all gone bat s#!t crazy?

No need to answer, I know the answer.

I cannot believe, after all that Trump's kids were involved with, Rs have any room to point fingers. I am curious as to how left leaning media, like CNN, will cover this.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good Lord....now Republicans have a problem with Hunter being an artist?  Have they all gone bat s#!t crazy?

No need to answer, I know the answer.

Who knew he turned into such an accomplished artist that would get 5 and 6 figures for a painting once The Big Guy got into office:dunno   He learned those painting skills fast!

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

On 7/8/2021 at 12:58 PM, JJ Husker said:

Can somebody explain to me how/why our schools and educational system think they need to be involved in feeding students?

I just saw that California (yeah, I know, it figures) is going to be the first state to provide free lunches for all K-12 students.  I really, really don't get it. Shouldn't they focus on educating and leave the social safety net up to more appropriate agencies. It has always annoyed me that so many parents have kids and they can't, or fail to, take care of them with the basic task and responsibility of feeding them. Why should this issue fall on the schools?

Hunger is one of the top reasons students don't perform well in school, which the educational system should be concerned about.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Hunger is one of the top reasons students don't perform well in school, which the educational system should be concerned about.

I know that. But where does it end? There are numerous societal issues that negatively affect learning. Should the education system be responsible for assuring proper parenting, giving students and/or their parents jobs, clothing, healthcare, vision, dental,  providing reliable housing, etc?

I’ve just always had this nagging feeling that our schools could do a much better, more efficient job of educating if they could focus on teaching.  Hunger and food and poverty and family problems seems like they should be unrelated issues to me. Maybe I’m weird….

• Plus1 1