The Democrat Utopia

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I didn’t catch anyone doing anything nor can I take credit for it as I didn’t break it.  Just passed it to everyone here.

You literally chose the words "you mean the source that broke the correct story?" to describe this piece of journalism.

It was just an hour ago. Scroll up. 

But yes, these stories do get "broken" by partisan social media accelerators that scour the globe looking for anomalies they can inflate into outrage.

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You literally chose the words "you mean the source that broke the correct story?" to describe this piece of journalism.

That’s correct.  PV is who broke the story not me and you consistently used the word “you” as in referring to me.  As I said, I didn’t catch anyone.  I passed the story along.  I can’t take credit for catching that douche.  A literary as yourself should know the difference. 

But you caught a cartoonish leftist going way over the top and getting the consequences everyone would have expected. Great story.

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

For starters this is your fist exact quote about abortion.  You didn’t reference anything about Pew or it’s specific language or give context to the number.

Abortion? 59% of Americans think abortion should be legal in all or most cases.

I posted my source, unlike you.  It pretty clearly disputes PEW.  But hey, at least you got to use the word obstinate in a post:dunno

I posted my source once asked (or rather, once you erroneously assumed which source I was using :P ).

And for the record, it doesn't dispute Pew. Pew's survey had 59% of people think abortion should be legal in all or most cases, your source had 56% of people believe abortion should, in general, be legal in most or all cases (23% and 33%, respectively). A difference of 3% in survey responses, with a margin of error of 4.2%. 

sz7IYb5.png

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Looks like another one who can’t back up specific claims about a poster.  Common theme around here 

what claim did i make?  i asked you to not ask me to try and support whatever the heck you were attacking someone else for.   is that too much to ask?   or did i ask too many questions this time?

9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So it’s just being not serious.  Settled! 

Texas:

Fighting vaccinations and mask mandates in the face of record-setting hospitalizations and deaths.

Rewriting public school textbooks so slavery doesn't look so bad.

Finding a way to outlaw abortion by rewarding private citizens for turning in abortionists.

Proving it doesn't need no help from no one by refusing to join the regional power grid, a move that fails miserably and kills 30 people. 

Pushing the envelope as the biggest a$$h@!e in college football.

Challenging Florida as the most willfully ignorant state in the nation. 

You can't make this stuff up, Archy.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I posted my source once asked (or rather, once you erroneously assumed which source I was using :P ).

And for the record, it doesn't dispute Pew. Pew's survey had 59% of people think abortion should be legal in all or most cases, your source had 56% of people believe abortion should, in general, be legal in most or all cases (23% and 33%, respectively). A difference of 3% in survey responses, with a margin of error of 4.2%. 

sz7IYb5.png

Just factually incorrect.  Once respondents are asked specifically about certain trimesters, the numbers go way down.  Those trimesters count towards “all or most” correct?  

Much of the 59% are answering the first question based on their narrowly defined view of what abortion is acceptable.  Once the question actually gets clarified further, the numbers drastically change.  

so no, 59% of Americans DO NOT support  “all or most” abortions.  Otherwise the response to the second and third trimester abortion questions would be different. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Just factually incorrect.  Once respondents are asked specifically about certain trimesters, the numbers go way down.  Those trimesters count towards “all or most” correct?  

Much of the 59% are answering the first question based on their narrowly defined view of what abortion is acceptable.  Once the question actually gets clarified further, the numbers drastically change.  

so no, 59% of Americans DO NOT support  “all or most” abortions.  Otherwise the response to the second and third trimester abortion questions would be different. 

I'm presenting the data as is. You're interpreting what you think the data means. 

25 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

"All or most abortions" and "abortions in all or most cases" aren't the same thing. The polls didn't ask, "What amount of abortions do you support? ALL abortions? Most abortions? Few abortions? No abortions."

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Texas:

Fighting vaccinations and mask mandates in the face of record-setting hospitalizations and deaths.

Rewriting public school textbooks so slavery doesn't look so bad.

Finding a way to outlaw abortion by rewarding private citizens for turning in abortionists.

Proving it doesn't need no help from no one by refusing to join the regional power grid, a move that fails miserably and kills 30 people. 

Pushing the envelope as the biggest a$$h@!e in college football.

Challenging Florida as the most willfully ignorant state in the nation. 

You can't make this stuff up, Archy.

Yet lots of people moved to both states before the last census and continue to move there. Including companies. Maybe it's the lack of income taxes.

• Plus1 1

I was surprised the Supreme  Court refused to hear the Texas abortion case. I thought Roe v Wade only allowed the States control over the last trimester? Was this law challenged in lower courts already, or did it skip straight to the Supreme Court?

When my friend from Denmark lived in the states in the early 2000s he was surprised there was such a fight over abortion, so I asked him what the law was in Denmark. He said a women was allowed to get an abortion up to 13 weeks*. After that, you go before a judge to prove you need one. 

*I do not remember the exacts number of weeks but it was in the mid teens.

• Plus1 1