The Democrat Utopia

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How is the government requiring it's employees to be vaccinated not like an employer requiring their employees to be vaccinated?

Just, no.  He is literally saying people have a choice between 1) getting fired or 2) getting vaxxed.  That isn't a choice and only someone completely dense to the obvious woulf believe that.  And he keeps ignoring that no, not everyone even has the choice between vax and weekly testing.  That's not reality, as I've said multiple times now.

The government requiring it's employees is different than the government requiring a business to require their employees.  You can pretend it's not different, but it is.

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

Get the vax, or be fired/quit, @Frott Scost says that's a chocie.  There's really nothing else to say on the matter at this point, it's pretty sad that people actually believe this and are championing it as something noble.

refusing the vax and helping to expand the death toll from covid is nothing noble like some people are championing.

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Redux said:

Get the vax, or be fired/quit, @Frott Scost says that's a chocie.  There's really nothing else to say on the matter at this point, it's pretty sad that people actually believe this and are championing it as something noble.

Do you have this much passion about schools requiring students to be vaccinated for measles to be able to attend?  Their only choice is to get vaccinated or home school.

Do you have the same passion about personal choice like abortion?  It's someone's personal choice to get an abortion.  How is the government requiring the woman to carry a baby she doesn't want championing something noble?

• Plus1 2

21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Do you have this much passion about schools requiring students to be vaccinated for measles to be able to attend?  Their only choice is to get vaccinated or home school.

Do you have the same passion about personal choice like abortion?  It's someone's personal choice to get an abortion.  How is the government requiring the woman to carry a baby she doesn't want championing something noble?

That is not totally true  Private schools have a little more enforcement power but public schools just have a waiver you print off and have it notarized.  Most (that I know of) don't even need a "reason" they just need the document notarized. 

It is probably harder to get your dog's nails clipped without the vet document saying it has had the shots than it is to print off the vax waiver for schools.

Trust me, I still need to get my dogs nails clipped!!!

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not antivax, and using the label as some form of deterrent just because I think the current mandate is bulls#!t is a strawman.

Please, don't equate the two.  It's not the same and we both know it and this isn't the thread.  Seriously bad faith argument.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wasn't inferring that.

But, you don't have a problem with other vaccine mandates.  You only have a problem with this one.

well....the right wing pundits and politicians are saying it's noble to not comply with attempts to limit covid.   they are not demonizing the other vaccines.   when the new generation of right wing pundits are demonizing those vaccines the right wingers will show up at school board meeting threatening violence for the bastards who mandate those vaccinations also.

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wasn't inferring that.

But, you don't have a problem with other vaccine mandates.  You only have a problem with this one.

I have a problem with the government.  The vaccine itself isn't the issue here, the people enforcing it are.  Take it or lose your job isn't a choice for most of Americans, not the Americans that have worked through this entire pandemic.  We already have a shortage of people willing to work, the mandate will reduce that number even further.  Do you not see a problem with this?

Why aren't members of Congress/White house and their staffers exempt from the mandate?  Seems awfully hypocritical.  Not sure the validity, but also among tha list CDC workers, Phizer etc. employees, judges.

I saw it said best the other day:

"Inserting needles and chemicals into people without there consent would be considered violence.  So deprivation of basic human rights because they won't give consent is also violence."

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Redux said:

Take it or lose your job isn't a choice for most of Americans,

This right here is completely wrong.  The vast majority of Americans can get the vaccine.  They are choosing not too and it's putting others at risk and our economy at risk.  This isn't just about them individually.

Look, I don't like the mandate either.  I haven't mandated my employees get the vaccine because I don't want to do that.  BUT.....I have the vast majority of my employees being morons and refusing to get it.  Now, I have more and more employees out with COVID.  Every single one that's out and sick, is not vaccinated.  Some are pretty sick.

I'm to the point of considering a mandate because it sure seems like we have way too many people being morons and causing major issues to them personally, the economy and the other people around them.

• Plus1 2