The Democrat Utopia

On 9/17/2021 at 7:13 AM, B.B. Hemingway said:

My point was; The people of this country have it pretty damn good. Yet, they still complain incessantly, with no apparent comprehension of what actual oppression looks like. There's a reason people from all around the world are kicking the door down to get in this country. Does that mean everything is perfect? No, and the Right could probably admit that a little more often. But, it would it also be nice to see the Left admit how beneficial this country is to her citizens from time to time.

This talking point gets old.  The US has been changing in various ways ever since it was created and it will continue to change.  Most people love this country, but yet we aren't supposed to sit back and complain when we want something to change.  

Fact is, we all want something to change.  It's just how the world works.  Not everything is perfect and we should always want to change for the better.  The discussion needs to be about what needs changed and how.  Not..."Oh...why do you b!^@h all the time".

• Plus1 1

29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This talking point gets old.  The US has been changing in various ways ever since it was created and it will continue to change.  Most people love this country, but yet we aren't supposed to sit back and complain when we want something to change.  

Fact is, we all want something to change.  It's just how the world works.  Not everything is perfect and we should always want to change for the better.  The discussion needs to be about what needs changed and how.  Not..."Oh...why do you b!^@h all the time".

Yeah, but there is a big difference from wanting to change something and b!^@hing.  

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Changing something starts with complaining about it.

Yep and there is a huge difference from complaining and b!^@hing.

I mean, you have kids and you have a job, you know there is a difference.  

And sometimes just asking for change is enough, depending on what it is you want changed.  

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Yep and there is a huge difference from complaining and b!^@hing.

I mean, you have kids and you have a job, you know there is a difference.  

And sometimes just asking for change is enough, depending on what it is you want changed.  

Do you think Republicans would constantly work to lower taxes if people didn't b!^@h about them?  You're splitting pubes here.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Do you think Republicans would constantly work to lower taxes if people didn't b!^@h about them?  You're splitting pubes here.

I have no idea.  I sort of think everyone wants lower taxes but I am normal and not insane. 

I am just saying there is a difference.  Kind of sounds like you agree.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have no idea.  I sort of think everyone wants lower taxes but I am normal and not insane. 

I am just saying there is a difference.  Kind of sounds like you agree.

I probably agree.  But, what many people say about "b!^@hing" is really complaining and wanting something to change.....which is normal and everyone wants something to change.

What I'm talking about are typically the conservatives I know and hear that say....."those people must just hate 'merica.  No, they don't hate America.  They just want something to change.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Okay. Did you read my entire post? I made it pretty clear in the post you quoted that I understood the country wasn't perfect, BUT, it is undeniably pretty f'n good, and can be advantageous for ANYONE who wants to take advantage of it. 

The complaining/b!^@hing doesn't usually have any hint of gratefulness, or acknowledgment of the benefits of living in this country. It isn't simply complaining at all. It's flat out degradation, for political gain. Which, of course, happens on both sides of political spectrum in one way or the other.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Okay. Did you read my entire post? I made it pretty clear in the post you quoted that I understood the country wasn't perfect, BUT, it is undeniably pretty f'n good, and can be advantageous for ANYONE who wants to take advantage of it. 

The complaining/b!^@hing doesn't usually have any hint of gratefulness, or acknowledgment of the benefits of living in this country. It isn't simply complaining at all. It's flat out degradation, for political gain. Which, of course, happens on both sides of political spectrum in one way or the other.

And, Republicans complaining about high taxes many times don't show gratefulness towards things they benefit from with the government either.

There is no way in hell to know if someone is grateful or not for the country from a sound bite where they complain about something. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, Republicans complaining about high taxes many times don't show gratefulness towards things they benefit from with the government either.

There is no way in hell to know if someone is grateful or not for the country from a sound bite where they complain about something. 

So, "they're probably really grateful, and just aren't saying so" is what we're going with?

I should add, this doesn't come from a place of overzealous nationalism. I'm not a big rah, rah America guy. I find those kind of people to be annoying, myself. But, I'm more than willing to acknowledge that this country has provided be with an opportunity to be as successful as I want to be. More of that kind of acknowledgement would be healthy for everyone, I believe.

• Plus1 1

33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You know who loves saying they hate America?

High school students, my god, I hear it all the time.

32 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

acknowledge that this country has provided be with an opportunity to be as successful as I want to be. More of that kind of acknowledgement would be healthy for everyone, I believe.

Wouldn't it be equally beneficial if we acknowledged our flaws, such as systemic racism and an exploitative healthcare system?

• Plus1 2