The Democrat Utopia

29 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm not denying racism. I'm saying you're never going to rid the world of it. I don't question racism. I question it's alleged impact, in 2021, on someone's ability to navigate life successfully in America.

It's true that many people don't have a problem navigating their race in America.

Some have so few problems that they're almost certain racism no longer exists. 

I'd have to crunch the numbers, but there's probably a reason for that. 

• Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's stupid.

I assume that’s what they are spending their government money from the aid packages on since the other stuff is already done I guess:dunno

I can’t figure why else they would do it.  Seems dumb to me too and a waste of money since probably 90% of families can afford the lunches.  

• Plus1 1

On 9/13/2021 at 9:03 PM, nic said:

I think you can pay extra taxes if you want. She should have given her 30k for the Met Gala ticket to the government. Maybe she got all those rich guests to pay more taxes. :cowbell:

DA86218B-40D2-42A6-942B-937487B381CC.thumb.webp.f36afd8310d98e1b8e42b530b49fcb99.webp

Oh the irony...how about just pay your taxes.

Aurora James, who designed the "Tax the Rich" dress worn by New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez at the Met Gala last week, has not paid her taxes in numerous states, The New York Post reported, citing a tax warrant database.

James's brand, Brother Vellies, is run by an LLC she formed in 2011, the Cultural Brokerage Agency. But since 2015, the company has had a total of 15 warrants issued against it in New York state.

According to records from the New York State Department's Tax Warrant Notice On-Line Database, the warrants were issued from 2015 to 2021 in New York and Kings counties. The amounts vary, ranging from $989  to $7,492. 

According to The New York Post, citing sources from the Department of Taxation and Finance, there are three open warrants in the state due to not withholding income taxes from employee wages in the sum of $14,798.

Further, the company apparently failed to remit payroll taxes to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), resulting in their being fined with six federal liens totaling some $103,220, though their status remains unclear, the Postreported.
  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, nic said:

Aurora James, who designed the "Tax the Rich" dress worn by New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez at the Met Gala last week, has not paid her taxes in numerous states, The New York Post reported, citing a tax warrant database.

James's brand, Brother Vellies, is run by an LLC she formed in 2011, the Cultural Brokerage Agency. But since 2015, the company has had a total of 15 warrants issued against it in New York state.

According to records from the New York State Department's Tax Warrant Notice On-Line Database, the warrants were issued from 2015 to 2021 in New York and Kings counties. The amounts vary, ranging from $989  to $7,492. 

According to The New York Post, citing sources from the Department of Taxation and Finance, there are three open warrants in the state due to not withholding income taxes from employee wages in the sum of $14,798.

Further, the company apparently failed to remit payroll taxes to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), resulting in their being fined with six federal liens totaling some $103,220, though their status remains unclear, the Postreported.

This is actually pretty hilarious. 

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, nic said:

I just think it's kind of a bad look for a government representative to be wearing a "designer" gown anyway,  no matter the message.  And especially AOC considering some of her stances on wealth and government ethics.

• Plus1 3
52 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I just think it's kind of a bad look for a government representative to be wearing a "designer" gown anyway,  no matter the message.  And especially AOC considering some of her stances on wealth and government ethics.

It is good because it gives people an idea just how phoney most of these nerds are...

Do as I say, not as I do.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1