The Democrat Utopia

42 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I mean, it is kind of funny that Joe Rogan has to defend himself and call CNN a liar (which I somewhat agree with, Ivermectin is used for horse deworming but also for uses in people) while simultaneously peddling anti-vaccine and overall bad advice regarding COVID for months. 

Hey, Joe Rogan, if you're reading this, next time science invents a vaccine for a pandemic take it. You won't have to defend yourself or your quack doctor for taking anti-parasitic drugs.

• Plus1 2
20 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I said let the facts come out and let justice be served. That's the opposite of "being ok with it". If the superintendent, etc. did pretend nothing happened or failed to protect students in other ways, then I agree there should be consequences.

No, with allegations. If there's facts that have been released about what happened, then let's talk about those. But the reporting all leads back to a Daily Mail article that's only that there was an investigation and then allegations by the father and father's lawyer. I'm open to the evidence, but I'm not seeing it as the results of the investigation haven't been released that I've seen.

This is only one of several cases where school boards were threatened. It's not a false story because the father did threaten the school board. This new reporting, if true, gives the father understandable reasons for his actions. But that doesn't change any of the other events where school boards were threatened.

Again, there's an allegation of rape, which is being investigated but the results of the investigation haven't been released as far as I know. No policy by the school board made the school more dangerous as the policy proposals were for using pronouns that students wished to be used for themselves and remodeling the bathrooms for more privacy, which sounds to me like it could have actually made things more safe if the remodel included locks.

The whole part about the alleged rapist being a boy wearing a skirt is very suspicious IMO as it aligns with right-wing hot button issues right now and seems more likely to be right-wing hyperbole/fantasy. Rape victims, including their families, are under a lot of stress and don't always get all the details right, especially when we're hearing from the father based on what his daughter told him.

I haven't seen anyone suggesting it is, but even if there is, that's not at all the point. It's about threatening school boards, which come from a variety of issues including CRT, anti-vax, transgender, etc.

A few questions:

1). Do you think that an rape allegation being reported to the police is something that is serious enough for a Suoegrindendent to know about?  

2)  The bathrooms were remodeled to allow boys to use the girls bathroom and vise versa as I read and understand it.  That policy allowed this “twice alleged” predator to do what he did.  Less safe wouldn’t you say.   

• Plus1 2

8 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I mean, it is kind of funny that Joe Rogan has to defend himself and call CNN a liar (which I somewhat agree with, Ivermectin is used for horse deworming but also for uses in people) while simultaneously peddling anti-vaccine and overall bad advice regarding COVID for months. 

Hey, Joe Rogan, if you're reading this, next time science invents a vaccine for a pandemic take it. You won't have to defend yourself or your quack doctor for taking anti-parasitic drugs.

It's just bizarre how they'll take a horse dewormer that isn't designed to combat Covid but they won't take the actual factual vaccine designed to combat the plague. 

• Plus1 3
8 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

To be clear, you're taking issue with a comedian talking openly about why he wouldn't take the vaccine, instead of taking issue with a national news organization peddling misinformation about a commonly used drug in humans? 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

To be clear, you're taking issue with a comedian talking openly about why he wouldn't take the vaccine, instead of taking issue with a national news organization peddling misinformation about a commonly used drug in humans? 

Joe Rogan, a liar, calls CNN liars. 

I think it's clear where your loyalties lie (no pun intended), but the bigger sin here is Rogan's anti-vaxx propaganda, not in CNN (correctly) reporting that the horse dewormer isn't a prescribed treatment for Covid.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Joe Rogan, a liar, calls CNN liars. 

I think it's clear where your loyalties lie (no pun intended), but the bigger sin here is Rogan's anti-vaxx propaganda, not in CNN (correctly) reporting that the horse dewormer isn't a prescribed treatment for Covid.

Meh, I'm not a Rogan loyalist. He's brought up completely legitimate concerns with the vaccine and moreso the response by people and government to Covid in general. 

And like CNN, you're calling what Rogan took a horse dewormer, intentionally of course. It's much easier to say that while safe for use in humans (even effectively used!), It isn't best used for Covid. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Meh, I'm not a Rogan loyalist. He's brought up completely legitimate concerns with the vaccine and moreso the response by people and government to Covid in general. 

And like CNN, you're calling what Rogan took a horse dewormer, intentionally of course. It's much easier to say that while safe for use in humans (even effectively used!), It isn't best used for Covid. 

Rogan is an idiot for taking Ivermectin for Covid, full stop. It is not approved for Covid treatment and the FDA specifically recommends against it. That he's pushing his anti-vaxx mantra while taking unapproved drugs makes him a fool - but he's got a platform, so he's a dangerous fool.

Why is anyone defending fools in the midst of a pandemic? The fools aren't getting us out of this. 

• Plus1 1