The Democrat Utopia

Just now, knapplc said:

Rogan is an idiot for taking Ivermectin for Covid, full stop. It is not approved for Covid treatment and the FDA specifically recommends against it. That he's pushing his anti-vaxx mantra while taking unapproved drugs makes him a fool - but he's got a platform, so he's a dangerous fool.

Why is anyone defending fools in the midst of a pandemic? The fools aren't getting us out of this. 

To be clear, there's zero chance I would take Ivermectin. I don't take much issue with Rogan taking because, well, he's a comedian. Why would I take medical advice from Joe Rogan?

I do take issue with CNN intentionally misleading people by calling it horse dewormer, when they know that the two drugs aren't the same and are administered very differently in humans and animals. There's a reason Gupyta(?), a seasoned television personality, was stumbling over his words in that clip. Things like this from CNN, and the crap Fox News always pulls, are why I watch BBC.

• Plus1 3

18 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

To be clear, there's zero chance I would take Ivermectin. I don't take much issue with Rogan taking because, well, he's a comedian. Why would I take medical advice from Joe Rogan?

I do take issue with CNN intentionally misleading people by calling it horse dewormer, when they know that the two drugs aren't the same and are administered very differently in humans and animals. There's a reason Gupyta(?), a seasoned television personality, was stumbling over his words in that clip. Things like this from CNN, and the crap Fox News always pulls, are why I watch BBC.

Well, to be clear, people have used the version meant for animals in order to treat COVID. The reason people are doing that is because of people with a huge platform - like Joe Rogan - are peddling Ivermectin.

You should be a lot more concerned about people dying because they listen to people like Joe Rogan and not CNN calling out him taking a drug not in any way meant to treat COVID - which is also used as a house dewormer.

But I'm sure you're consistent and you've been posting videos of Rogan, Fox News, and other right wingers peddling anti-vaccine nonsense.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

But I'm sure you're consistent and you've been posting videos of Rogan, Fox News, and other right wingers peddling anti-vaccine nonsense.

Wrong. Again.

I try to take in as much information, from all sides, as possible and come to my own conclusions. As with most things, the place to be is usually somewhere in the middle.

• Haha 1
Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Wrong. Again.

I try to take in as much information, from all sides, as possible and come to my own conclusions. As with most things, the place to be is usually somewhere in the middle.

Weird how you don't share the middle. Just the Joe Rogans of the world. 

It doesn't matter if you claim you take in all points of view if all you regurgitate is the far right. Kind of tips the hand for those internal thought processes. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Well, to be clear, people have used the version meant for animals in order to treat COVID. The reason people are doing that is because of people with a huge platform - like Joe Rogan - are peddling Ivermectin.

Yep. And they're not being utterly clear that they're taking human Ivermectin, nor are they being honest with their audience about Ivermectin's ability to treat Covid.

The FDA makes it really clear. Don't take this stuff for Covid.  

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Weird how you don't share the middle. Just the Joe Rogans of the world. 

It doesn't matter if you claim you take in all points of view if all you regurgitate is the far right. Kind of tips the hand for those internal thought processes. 

I lean conservative, for sure, but I'm not "far right". 

I've openly spoke on this board about voting for Obama twice, despising Donald Trump, and have supported people taking the vaccine, especially the vulnerable. Definitely common traits of a far-right traits. Yep.

Just because I don't toe the line of wokeness and pandering like some of you, doesn't mean I'm far-right. 

I have conservative friends who give me a hard time about being a liberal, so between them and you, I'm probably right where I want to be politically.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I've openly spoke on this board about voting for Obama twice, despising Donald Trump, and have supported people taking the vaccine, especially the vulnerable. Definitely common traits of a far-right traits. Yep.

Racism denier, doesn't think homosexuality is natural, defends far-right goons like Joe Rogan, uses right-wing phrases like "woke" all the time. Yep.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Just because I don't toe the line of wokeness and pandering like some of you, doesn't mean I'm far-right. 

I have conservative friends who give me a hard time about being a liberal, so between them and you, I'm probably right where I want to be politically.

Preach 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Racism denier, doesn't think homosexuality is natural, defends far-right goons like Joe Rogan, uses right-wing phrases like "woke" all the time. Yep.

-- I don't deny racism, I deny it's impact on the ability for any individual to make it in this country.

-- Maybe it is. I don't know I do know that I don't want it endorsed to the point where it's being force fed to children. Compassion without endorsement....

-- I didn't invent the term, but it's pretty easy to pinpoint.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

To be clear, you're taking issue with a comedian talking openly about why he wouldn't take the vaccine, instead of taking issue with a national news organization peddling misinformation about a commonly used drug in humans? 

To be used only for parasites.  It is complete misinformation to be telling people it's a drug for a virus like COVID.

A network telling people it's not used in humans for COVID isn't peddling misinformation.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I do know that I don't want it endorsed to the point where it's being force fed to children.

What do you mean by this? What sort of actions and/or policies do you consider to be an endorsement or force-feeding of homosexuality? 

When you say you don't know if homosexuality is natural, are we to assume that you believe sexual orientation might be a choice? Why do you believe this? 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Ulty said:

What do you mean by this? What sort of actions and/or policies do you consider to be an endorsement or force-feeding of homosexuality? 

When you say you don't know if homosexuality is natural, are we to assume that you believe sexual orientation might be a choice? Why do you believe this? 

I don't like homosexuality showing up in children's cartoons, gay pride displays in the Disney store, things like that. It's not a huge deal. I'm not going to protest/boycott over it. It just takes a little more educating on my part, with my own kids.

I think openly endorsing homosexuality might further confuse, already confused children. I'm not qualified to say whether it is or isn't natural. But, I do wonder of the implications of introducing it to young children that aren't to the point where they're even thinking about their sexuality.

• Oh Yeah! 1

I don't like homosexuality showing up in children's cartoons, gay pride displays in the Disney store, things like that.

Why?

It just takes a little more educating on my part, with my own kids.

What does this education look like? What do you tell your kids?

4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm not qualified to say whether it is or isn't natural.

What do you believe? And why do you believe this? What barriers prevent you from understanding that homosexuality is natural and normal?

5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

But, I do wonder of the implications of introducing it to young children that aren't to the point where they're even thinking about their sexuality.

What do you think the implications might be? What's going to happen to children who see homosexuality? What do you say to your kids if you see a family that has two dads or two moms? What do you say to your kids if you see a homosexual couple on TV? What sort of questions do they have? What would you do if your own child told you that they were gay or bi?