The Democrat Utopia

Sadly, sexual assaults in high school are quite common. 

Sexual violence reports rise drastically at schools, Education Department data shows

The nation’s public elementary and secondary schools reported a more than 50 percent increase in reports of sexual violence during the 2017-18 school year, according to new federal civil rights data the Education Department released Thursday.

Schools reported nearly 15,000 total incidents of sexual violence, which reflects an overall 55-percent increase from the 2015-16 school year.

The vast majority of incidents, more than 14,100, were classified as sexual assault, which rose by 53 percent. Schools reported approximately 780 incidents of rape or attempted rape, which was nearly double the number of incidents from the 2015-16 school year.

I'll walk back the "every day" comment, but there are PLENTY of assaults to be concerned about.

As @Ulty pointed out, the reason THIS particular sexual assault is getting blown up by right-wingers is the attempted conflation with the transgender debate. This is exactly what they claimed would happen if we allowed transgender teens to use the bathroom of their liking. 

Convenient, isn't it?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'll walk back the "every day" comment, but there are PLENTY of assaults to be concerned about.

As @Ulty pointed out, the reason THIS particular sexual assault is getting blown up by right-wingers is the attempted conflation with the transgender debate. This is exactly what they claimed would happen if we allowed transgender teens to use the bathroom of their liking. 

Convenient, isn't it?

Exactly. The thousands of sexual assaults on college campuses or in schools isn't news - sadly its common enough that it's not national news when it happens. 

But when the perpetrator is transgender - despite no evidence they're anymore likely to sexually assault somebody - it's international news.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Ulty said:

I would honestly expect that he would have been informed to some extent. But even if he was, he would not be at liberty to talk about it and would certainly not be intimately involved in the investigation.

I would assume he would be informed also. And he actually did talk about it.  He denied it.  He didn’t say no comment or I can’t discuss this type of issue.  Nope.  He flat out said it wasn’t true.

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

So to say, as the Daily Mail article did, that the staff did nothing, is false. As Archy and Denver have argued about, we don't know a lot of other facts.

More info will come out, but according to the dad, the school had to be convinced to call the authorities (which the LCPS press release says they did) telling the dad they would handle it in house.

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

Also, since we were discussing Title IX policies the other day, it was the Trump Administration that actually made it more difficult to investigate and reach a finding in sexual assault and sexual harassment cases, as a result of the new Title IX regulations last year (that is a general statement, as I admittedly don't see how that would have actually impacted this particular case).

Not sure you why you would bring that up, considering you admit that may not have even impacted this particular case.   

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Convenient, isn't it?

Could it be this parent was the genesis of the “parents are right domestic terrorists at school board meetings” narrative by the left media and Garland?   Nahh..errr well maybe

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Exactly. The thousands of sexual assaults on college campuses or in schools isn't news - sadly its common enough that it's not national news when it happens. 

But when the perpetrator is transgender - despite no evidence they're anymore likely to sexually assault somebody - it's international news.

You should watch The Hunting Ground.

39 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I would assume he would be informed also.

This is exactly the heart of the disagreement between us.

39 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

And he actually did talk about it.  He denied it.  He didn’t say no comment or I can’t discuss this type of issue.  Nope.  He flat out said it wasn’t true.

I agree that he should have said "no comment" or "we can't talk about active investigations" or whatever instead of flat out denying it. Unless he actually did not know, then it makes sense.

And in your response to me, you continually assert facts but give no links or any way to verify what you're claiming, which is exactly what I've been saying - we need the facts to come out and not just assumptions about what happened or blindly believe media articles, particularly ones with obvious partisan leanings, without sources.

8 hours ago, knapplc said:

Rogan is an idiot for taking Ivermectin for Covid, full stop. It is not approved for Covid treatment and the FDA specifically recommends against it. That he's pushing his anti-vaxx mantra while taking unapproved drugs makes him a fool - but he's got a platform, so he's a dangerous fool.

The FDA's recommendation includes the following:

"If your health care provider writes you an ivermectin prescription, fill it through a legitimate source such as a pharmacy, and take it exactly as prescribed."

Rogan took Ivermectin, along with other treatments, at the recommendation of his doctor. 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

The FDA's recommendation includes the following:

"If your health care provider writes you an ivermectin prescription, fill it through a legitimate source such as a pharmacy, and take it exactly as prescribed."

Rogan took Ivermectin, along with other treatments, at the recommendation of his doctor. 

Doctors write bogus prescriptions all the time. It's not an approved drug for treatment of Covid. The FDA recommends against using it.

The headline of the page you're taking that from:

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19

The FDA is not OKing using of Ivermectin. They're simply not telling you to go against the recommendations of your PCP.

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is the same thing. 

No, no it's not. 

I believe that this country is full of people who don't like people of other races.

I don't believe it's forcing people to live in poverty, have children and not take care of them, kill each other in incredible numbers, etc. All those outcomes can be corrected by self accountability, and making better decisions.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t play Madden, but I will assume those that do will not see any players on the game who were convicted of domestic battery, drug offenses, or  with social media posts referencing Asians, Black, or Whites in a negative fashion?  

Tyreek Hill can beat the s#!t out of his pregnant wife all he wants. But, if Gruden says a man with giant lips has giant lips, well, that's just too far.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1