The Democrat Utopia

3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

No, no it's not. 

I believe that this country is full of people who don't like people of other races.

I don't believe it's forcing people to live in poverty, have children and not take care of them, kill each other in incredible numbers, etc. All those outcomes can be corrected by self accountability, and making better decisions.

I believe that, too. And I believe a lot of those people tell themselves they aren't racist.

And then they vote for politicians who perpetuate the cycles of poverty that keep minorities in desperate circumstances, which further perpetuates the outcomes in your last paragraph. Which is the same result as being an open racist.

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Tyreek Hill can beat the s#!t out of his pregnant wife all he wants. But, if Gruden says a man with giant lips has giant lips, well, that's just too far.

For example.

• Thanks 1

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

If you don't see the double standard between Gruden and players like Tyreek Hill, well, I can't help you. 

And I have zero issue with Gruden being fired. It was a wise business decision on the Raider's part. He said a lot of stupid things.

I have zero issue with both being fired, and specifically with Hill being prosecuted. I'm not defending one using the other. In fact, no one has ever brought up Tyreek Hill here for the purposes of coming to his defense.

Gruden said racist things. Let's not clean that up for him.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Gruden said racist things. Let's not clean that up for him.

Did I miss the other racist comments outside of the one about the guys lips? Maybe so, but that feels like a stretch.

I would agree that he said some sexists/homophobic things, for sure.

Just now, knapplc said:

And for the record, @B.B. Hemingway I have no idea who found your post last page funny, but it wasn't me. Seems like a pretty poor thing to put a laughing reaction on.

iKkd7Xz.png

:dunno

Did I miss the other racist comments outside of the one about the guys lips? Maybe so, but that feels like a stretch.

I would agree that he said some sexists/homophobic things, for sure.

Does it matter if he said one or seven racist things? Seems like a forest-for-the-trees concern.

• Plus1 1
Just now, knapplc said:

Does it matter if he said one or seven racist things? Seems like a forest-for-the-trees concern.

I just think it's a stretch saying the lips comment was racist. I was asking in case I missed other comments and/or context.

Are we to the point where any kind of mention of a black person's physical features is considered racist?

Just now, RedDenver said:

It was me. I was laughing at the fact that he believes system racism can be solved with a little self-accountability.

They'd be a lot better off if they had my attitude towards their predicament.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yeah, maybe redlining and preferential bank loans would be better if only the victims had a better attitude.

And what's disheartening is we've posted dozens of links to @B.B. Hemingway over the years when he continues to express his skepticism that minorities are still disadvantaged in America.

Apparently those go unread. It's sad.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

These are both racist statements. Sheesh.

One might have been, but my comment certainly was not. Accountability, and better decision making can, and will benefit anyone.

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yeah, maybe redlining and preferential bank loans would be better if only the victims had a better attitude.

There are so many reasons why loans are, or are not, give to people. Assuming the denial of a loan to  a black person is because of race is.... Odd. 

• Plus1 1

There are so many reasons why loans are, or are not, give to people. Assuming the denial of a loan to  a black person is because of race is.... Odd.

Assuming that NO discrimination exists is not odd, it's flat wrong.

We know you know how to google. At this point you have to confront your unwillingness to see the problem for what it really is.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/redlining-what-is-history-mike-bloomberg-comments/

• Plus1 2