The Democrat Utopia

49 minutes ago, nic said:

Conservatives college students exist? I suggest instead of protesting just don’t show up if you will be offended or better yet go politely listen to an alternative viewpoint. 

Yes.  And many conservative professors as well.

I don’t mean to pry, but have you ever attended college?

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Overwhelming majority of colleges have reasonable mixes of political ideologies, especially community colleges, small state schools, private schools, etc. 

It's only when you start getting into the bigger unis, coastal/urban flagship schools and liberal arts programs etc. that conservative students/faculty start to become much more rare. But a lot of that is their own doing, choosing to demonize higher ed and not attending, then whining about how its all liberal.

• Plus1 3
5 hours ago, knapplc said:

How long after graduation did it take you to throw off the shackles of liberal indoctrination?

I Don’t remember liberal indoctrination when I went to college in the prior century. They were also both technical degrees. Although some of my more enjoyable classes were in the liberal arts. 

• Plus1 2

26 minutes ago, nic said:

I Don’t remember liberal indoctrination when I went to college in the prior century. They were also both technical degrees. Although some of my more enjoyable classes were in the liberal arts. 

And none of my three kids, who are all conservative, have come home complaining about liberal professors. 

Just another farce promoted by Republicans. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Overwhelming majority of colleges have reasonable mixes of political ideologies, especially community colleges, small state schools, private schools, etc. 

It's only when you start getting into the bigger unis, coastal/urban flagship schools and liberal arts programs etc. that conservative students/faculty start to become much more rare. But a lot of that is their own doing, choosing to demonize higher ed and not attending, then whining about how its all liberal.

This topic really touched a nerve. Do you feel conservatives groups, students, and speakers have a voice at the larger coastal/urban flagship schools?

People seem to be separating by ideology, religion, identity, even intentionally separated by race in dormitories at some universities. That seems like a bad direction to be headed.

What do you think has caused the large decline in male (sorry if this is the wrong term) enrollment at universities in the last 1/2 decade? I just learned about this recently from a video on CNN. The guest was concerned about the long term consequences for our society. I was shocked. 

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

And none of my three kids, who are all conservative, have come home complaining about liberal professors. 

Just another farce promoted by Republicans. 

Can I ask what school? I have heard only a couple complaints from kids, so far, but many of the kids I know in college are liberal or don’t care. The conservative kids went to private or small state colleges. The two complaints came from larger universities. CU and CSU. 

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, nic said:

This topic really touched a nerve. Do you feel conservatives groups, students, and speakers have a voice at the larger coastal/urban flagship schools?

Not really, at least not much of one. They're way more fringe than even 10-15 years ago. Lots of reasons for it imo, but those types of schools are increasingly becoming more progressive bubbles. 

I couldn’t find the CNN video I watched. I think it was Setzer’s show.

I did find this article. Sorry if it is paywalled. I was able to read it. All just theories at this point.  1) finding other ways to make money. 2) Not getting assistance as a privileged group. 3) Feeling that college is more expensive than it is worth. 4) Giving up/lost 5) a sharp increase during the pandemic due to #4 or needing to provide for family.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-university-fall-higher-education-men-women-enrollment-admissions-back-to-school-11630948233

16 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

verwhelming majority of colleges have reasonable mixes of political ideologies, especially community colleges, small state schools, private schools

Is there were we point out you are speaking in unprovable generalities again?  You know, what you accuse other posters of doing.  

• Plus1 2