The Democrat Utopia

54 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It actually doesn’t. 

By your idiotic standard, Joe Biden is a KKK member for speaking at Robert Byrd’s funeral 

Byrd renounced his KKK ties: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2002/12/what-about-byrd.html

Well, it’s easy to state what has been my biggest mistake. The greatest mistake I ever made was joining the Ku Klux Klan. And I’ve said that many times. But one cannot erase what he has done. He can only change his ways and his thoughts. That was an albatross around my neck that I will always wear. You will read it in my obituary that I was a member of the Ku Klux Klan. 

Rittenhouse didn't pose with former Proud Boys who had publicly renounced the Proud Boys.

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Byrd renounced his KKK ties: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2002/12/what-about-byrd.html

Rittenhouse didn't pose with former Proud Boys who had publicly renounced the Proud Boys.

You are not really saying that someone who was a racist his entire life, and was in the KKK was all of a sudden no longer a racist because he said he wasn't one...are you?

I mean, this kid on trial is probably c$%k and a racist, it is okay to admit that too.

If Dahmer said that he renounced being a serial killer and that all serial killers were bad people...would he still be a serial killer?

If Mike Tyson said all rapists are bad people and he regrets raping...is he still a rapist?

Don't let a$$h@!es off the hook. 

I don't know, I am not a big fan of that type of thinking. 

I understand thinking differently about someone after they have "changed" or something like that, but even Byrd all but says that he is a forever racist. 

This weirdo Kyle kid, no matter what he does the rest of his life, is always going to be the freak that did what he did and hates blacks and jews (I think he hates jews, not sure!)

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Invoking Robert Byrd is a sure sign of desperation.

bonus points: remind us that it was Republican Abraham Lincoln who freed the slaves over the objection of Democrats.

Sherman freed the slaves...when he burnt that worthless part of the US to the f#&%ing ground!  

Good lord that MFer was ruthless.  

7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Invoking Robert Byrd is a sure sign of desperation.

bonus points: remind us that it was Republican Abraham Lincoln who freed the slaves over the objection of Democrats.

Be honest, is defending Byrd as a good person also a sign of desperation (Hint, it is).

This thread got stupid, shocker.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Be honest, is defending Byrd as a good person also a sign of desperation (Hint, it is).

This thread got stupid, shocker.

For f#&% sakes, Robert Byrd wasn't a good person when he was the Exalted Cyclops of the Ku Klux Klan. Then Robert Byrd publicly recanted the racist past he shared with many fellow Southerners and politicians --- just as folks on HuskerBoard have revised the politics of their younger days. George Wallace and Lester Maddox shared a similar crisis of conscience in their later years. Given the chance to actually exercise political power, they ended their days as civil rights advocates, and many people posed for pictures with them that wouldn't have in 1964. It's hardly a secret that Southern Democrats were total racists ------ and that Richard Nixon swung most of them to the Republican Party as part of the famous Southern Strategy that secured him the White House. Robert Byrd ended his life on the right side of history. It's what you want bad people to do. 

Maybe in 30 years or less, Kyle Rittenhouse will talk about his misguided venture, and disavow the white supremacists who swarmed to his side and co-opted his story. I'd respect a story of personal growth if he has one. I'd even be willing to have my picture taken with him.

But at the moment he's a violent and unrepentant little s#!thead, posing and bragging with the Proud Boys. He owes his acquittal and the standing ovation he'll get at CPAC to pure racism. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Maybe in 30 years or less, Kyle Rittenhouse will talk about his misguided venture, and disavow the white supremacists who swarmed to his side and co-opted his story. I'd respect a story of personal growth if he has one. I'd even be willing to have my picture taken with him.

If you take a picture with a reformed Kyle Rittenhouse in 30 years I'm sure some folks on here or elsewhere will use that as evidence that some other racist kid isn't racist because ole non-racist @Guy Chamberlin posed for a picture with him too! Just like all OK hand gestures are made equal I guess.

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

For f#&% sakes, Robert Byrd wasn't a good person when he was the Exalted Cyclops of the Ku Klux Klan. Then Robert Byrd publicly recanted the racist past he shared with many fellow Southerners and politicians --- just as folks on HuskerBoard have revised the politics of their younger days. George Wallace and Lester Maddox shared a similar crisis of conscience in their later years. Given the chance to actually exercise political power, they ended their days as civil rights advocates, and many people posed for pictures with them that wouldn't have in 1964. It's hardly a secret that Southern Democrats were total racists ------ and that Richard Nixon swung most of them to the Republican Party as part of the famous Southern Strategy that secured him the White House. Robert Byrd ended his life on the right side of history. It's what you want bad people to do. 

But at the moment he's a violent and unrepentant little s#!thead, posing and bragging with the Proud Boys. He owes his acquittal and the standing ovation he'll get at CPAC to pure racism. 

You are going to be taking a lot of pictures with a lot of liars.  

You are a better person than I am.  I would not pose with any of the guys you just listed in this post. 

• Plus1 3
11 hours ago, RedDenver said:

So tell me why the prosecution didn’t include any evidence from his phone or social media to show his racist ties?  All you have is a single picture I believe after he gets bailed out and I’m sure is happy to be around anyone whom he feels supports him.  Let me know when you find some actual evidence of his “white supremacy”   It’s people like you that throw around the racism card and white supremacy card at everything, which waters down the real racism out there.  You would be much better off sticking with the ACTUAL cases of that bad behavior 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2