The Democrat Utopia

53 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Archy is trying to minimize how bad one is by citing the other. I'm pointing out it's not an apples to apples comparison and that there's nuance to the conversation because one of them renounced what he did. You're here pretending that the world is black and white and that somehow people that can see color and acknowledge it are wrong. I'm kinda sad for you.

Love how “nuance” only comes into play when Democrats are doing wrong.  Typical.   LOL. 

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yes, tell us all about the nuance of defending Rittenhouse posing with Proud Boys.

Maybe he didn’t know much about Proud Boys, Maybe he didn’t know they were Proud Boys, maybe he felt good to have someone support him after being in jail and didn’t give a s#!t who it was, maybe he got caught in the moment and didn’t realize how people like you would take a picture out of proportion, maybe he actually is a white supremacist but one single picture ain’t gonna tell you that.   But you’ve made up your mind based on a single picture, congrats:thumbs    Good reminder for us to not listen to you about “nuance” anymore.  

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Maybe he didn’t know much about Proud Boys, Maybe he didn’t know they were Proud Boys, maybe he felt good to have someone support him after being in jail and didn’t give a s#!t who it was, maybe he got caught in the moment and didn’t realize how people like you would take a picture out of proportion, maybe he actually is a white supremacist but one single picture ain’t gonna tell you that.  But you’ve made up your mind based on a single picture, congrats:thumbs  

Sure, I get that in the moment he could have made a mistake or not known. But it's been months and I haven't seen him renounce the Proud Boys.He could of course do so later in life and change my mind about him. People are complex and can change, so I keep my mind open to that possibility. Just like Byrd renouncing the KKK - doesn't mean that the past is suddenly fixed but shows a willingness to change or at least publicly admit he was wrong.

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Good reminder for us to not listen to you about “nuance” anymore.  

Yeah, nuance is the worst. Better not listen to people unless they are fully on one side or the other with no shades of gray or sense of degree or proportion.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

And people in your party are mowing down others with their vehicles while at Christmas parades, setting fire and looting stores.  

I was told that taking a picture with an apparent proud boy makes you a white supremacist.  It seems that eulogizing a KKK member would at the very least get you that same tag:dunno  I mean what’s more intimate, a random picture or a eulogy?  

Interestingly enough, that didn't answer the question at all.

And of course there's that other question left hanging for days: a black teenager wearing tactical gear and carrying an AR-15 walks into an active BLM protest. Are the two white guys who are killed trying to disarm him victims or heroes? And does the narrative around Black Kyle's full acquittal take a complete 180 given the exact same evidence and a simple change of skin color? 

55 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Sure, I get that in the moment he could have made a mistake or not known. But it's been months and I haven't seen him renounce the Proud Boys.He could of course do so later in life and change my mind about him. People are complex and can change, so I keep my mind open to that possibility. Just like Byrd renouncing the KKK - doesn't mean that the past is suddenly fixed but shows a willingness to change or at least publicly admit he was wrong.

Yeah, nuance is the worst. Better not listen to people unless they are fully on one side or the other with no shades of gray or sense of degree or proportion.

He literally said he supported Black Lives Matter.   He sure isn’t a very good racist.  

• Plus1 2

20 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Interestingly enough, that didn't answer the question at all.

And of course there's that other question left hanging for days: a black teenager wearing tactical gear and carrying an AR-15 walks into an active BLM protest. Are the two white guys who are killed trying to disarm him victims or heroes? And does the narrative around Black Kyle's full acquittal take a complete 180 given the exact same evidence and a simple change of skin color? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/weartv.com/amp/news/local/florida-man-acquitted-of-shooting-at-deputies-in-raid-that-led-to-death-of-girlfriend

:dunno

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

@Guy Chamberlin care to share the narrative you see bantered around from conservatives on this acquittal? 

So.......you're saying that if Kyle Rittenhouse was a black teenager who brought an AR-15 to a BLM protest, killed two men trying to disarm him, and was acquitted of all charges, the reaction would be no different because of this article about an acquittal that happened just yesterday involving significantly different circumstances, and inspiring conservative banter I should already have curated as a member of the political party that once included Robert Byrd as a member?