The Democrat Utopia

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm for making IDs easy to get for voting use.  I also know getting an ID isn't necessarily a race issue.  There are white people without birth certificates...etc.

I also believe requiring a photo ID to eat in a restaurant is wrong.

Kinda two completely different issues. Restaurants are private businesses and should be able to do what they want, at the risk of alienating customers who may disagree with their policies.

As far as ID for voting, I’ve never understood why that is some insurmountable obstacle, for POC or for anyone. Pretty dirt simple to get an ID in my experience. Of course it may take a little effort and planning. Is that too much to ask of people nowadays? Better than letting people vote who shouldn’t be voting imo.

• Plus1 2
18 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Kinda two completely different issues. Restaurants are private businesses and should be able to do what they want, at the risk of alienating customers who may disagree with their policies.

As far as ID for voting, I’ve never understood why that is some insurmountable obstacle, for POC or for anyone. Pretty dirt simple to get an ID in my experience. Of course it may take a little effort and planning. Is that too much to ask of people nowadays? Better than letting people vote who shouldn’t be voting imo.

Yep, a business should be able to do what they want with it.  I'm not for a city or state mandating it to all business.

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

As in the Alabama case, as soon as IDs are required, they start closing DMVs in areas where their political opponents live. It doesn't create an insurmountable barrier, but it makes it more difficult, which is the point. And voting should be very, very easy since it's the cornerstone of our country.

People who shouldn't be voting don't vote. We have a rigorous system in place to verify that the person who is supposed to be voting is voting. Voter fraud is vanishingly rare - and oddly only seems to be a problem from Republicans who scream about voter fraud all the time. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, knapplc said:

As in the Alabama case, as soon as IDs are required, they start closing DMVs in areas where their political opponents live. It doesn't create an insurmountable barrier, but it makes it more difficult, which is the point. And voting should be very, very easy since it's the cornerstone of our country.

People who shouldn't be voting don't vote. We have a rigorous system in place to verify that the person who is supposed to be voting is voting. Voter fraud is vanishingly rare - and oddly only seems to be a problem from Republicans who scream about voter fraud all the time. 

I agree that it should be easy to vote. I also think there should be systems in place to assure one person, one vote.  It would seem that requiring ID should be an acceptable thing. We (people) have to prove we are who we are for numerous things, many of them much less important things than voting.  IMO, the real problem isn’t requiring ID for in person voting but rather the closing of DMVs and other voter suppression tactics.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

100% agree. 

Unfortunately we have a bunch of people who are willing to cheat to “win”. I may be weird but a person’s right and ability to vote should never be hindered in any way. I disagree with a lot of people on a bunch of things but they have just as much right as I do to express their opinion and cast their vote as they see fit. Having said that, I do think the majority of our people are too stupid and superficial to knowledgeably vote but I’ll still stick up for their right to do it.

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, teachercd said:

This is where it gets stupid and this is where the crazies come out and say "SEE I TOLD YOU!"

What is next, ID to go form state to state?  

Get vaxxed, where a mask for now and stop with the cards and ID's to get some f#&%ing onion rings.

:laughpound

There are Dem mayors and governors that own this now. No idea what Michael Rapaport’s politics are. I think this dude walked by a security guard on his way out. What’s the point of having security? I would just shut down the store and move elsewhere.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, nic said:

There are Dem mayors and governors that own this now. No idea what Michael Rapaport’s politics are. I think this dude walked by a security guard on his way out. What’s the point of having security? I would just shut down the store and move elsewhere.

I think Rap is a Trump hater but I could be wrong.

I also love that so many people pretend like this is okay.  Haha!

Also, I am heading out to do some "shopping" right now.  

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think Rap is a Trump hater but I could be wrong.

I also love that so many people pretend like this is okay.  Haha!

Also, I am heading out to do some "shopping" right now.  

Bring your backpack…you won’t need $$.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, nic said:

Technically you aren't supposed to confront the shoplifter, just get as much information as possible. Thats been the policy every store I've worked where this could potentially be an issue. 

• Plus1 2