The Democrat Utopia

3 hours ago, nic said:

There are Dem mayors and governors that own this now. No idea what Michael Rapaport’s politics are. I think this dude walked by a security guard on his way out. What’s the point of having security? I would just shut down the store and move elsewhere.

couple things i don't see in this video.  i don't see the guy throwing anything in his backpack...nor is the guy who is filming saying anything to the security guard about what he says he saw.    maybe he did see what he claims...but it would be easy to have a buddy walk out of the store with a backpack on and then make a false claim about what was happening.   is this guy well known on tik tok?  reliable in the past?

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Technically you aren't supposed to confront the shoplifter, just get as much information as possible. Thats been the policy every store I've worked where this could potentially be an issue. 

This guy was trained better. :cowbell:

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, commando said:

couple things i don't see in this video.  i don't see the guy throwing anything in his backpack...nor is the guy who is filming saying anything to the security guard about what he says he saw.    maybe he did see what he claims...but it would be easy to have a buddy walk out of the store with a backpack on and then make a false claim about what was happening.   is this guy well known on tik tok?  reliable in the past?

Looking at his Twitter posts, he seems like conservative celebrity. As rare as that is. Soooooo, maybe Jussie Smollett 2.0? Faking it. 

2 hours ago, commando said:

Plot twist...the guy stealing...was a REPUBLICAN!!!!

Commando's next post "Give him the chair!!!"  Ha

But for real, this s#!t happens all over the place now but this would could have been staged, lord knows that happens too.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Who would be dumb enough to ever try and stop a robbery? 

The business has insurance. Don't be a hero.

Agreed

But the other point is that this is a very popular thing that is going on now.  There is no reason to think it will get better before it gets worse. 

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Rapaport is about as liberal as one can get.  

Hmmm. Maybe some of his posts were sarcastic and my sarcasm meter is broken. Well if he is liberal, I am not sure what is gained by faking a robbery and making liberal leaders look bad.

9 hours ago, funhusker said:

People shoplift in Nebraska too :dunno

It is possible that smash and grabs and people walking out of stores with goods uncontested are only getting reported in large well known cities like NY, San Fran and LA because it’s politically expedient to connect it to defund the police, lower bail and lack of prosecutions.  There are a lot of videos out there just like this seemingly on a daily basis. It doesn’t change my point that it is becoming bad politically for the mayors of these cities and governors of the states. It’s one thing to have conservative talking heads on right wing media outlets beating the drum. That is expected. It’s another for liberals to start complaining about it and posting videos. Shoplifting always goes on. back in the day it was a person using slight of hand to stuff some items in coat pockets hoping not to get caught on the way out. Now it’s fill a backpack or shopping cart in the open and walk out like you own the place because no one is gonna say anything or arrest you.

• Plus1 2