The Democrat Utopia

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So you are saying you don’t like a differing of opinions.  That’s fine.  I’m old enough to remember when that was a bad thing.

I don’t have Spotify not listen to Rogan outside a few clips that get shown on other platforms.  I have no dog in the fight.  Funny how others that don’t listen to him either get so upset by him though.  

Don't bother listening to Rogan on Spotify.  I watched the McCullough and Malone interviews.  It was just hours of information I never heard before backed by scientific studies- boring.  If it's not something I could get from a few minutes reading headlines on CNN it can't be worthwhile.  And Rogan, don't get me started on him.  Always asking questions when he didn't understand something or thought what he heard didn't sound right.  Sure it made things easy to understand and interesting but it makes you start thinking.  Rogan is a Bernie bro so his intellect is probably above mine.  But he is a cheeky fella.  I don't know if you saw his apology video where he pointed out that suggesting masks are ineffective was considered misinformation but is now well known.  How dare he make me think my masky might have been nothing more than a security blanket.  Rogan is obviously dangerous.

• Oh Yeah! 2

12 hours ago, admo said:

@nic here's the link to his youtube

https://www.youtube.com/c/JREClips/videos

This is the "one-on-one" format I mention.  Sorry it has a texan in this example, but we good people like yall :)

Or maybe movie entertainment?  Here's one with Iron Man

How about music?  Black Flag & Rollins chatting...

If I had time….but then again I am this forum too much. :D

11 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

If it's not the same then name the dollar amount and/or the number of people listening that makes it cross some magical threshold of being problematic.

I'm not sure if you're just trolling, but you really don't see the difference between someone being paid by a media company to talk on their platform and someone sitting at a bar?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I still read and talk to people advocating for science and reason who casually toss off lines like "Well I'm an Aries, so of course we got into an argument" and I immediately go "wha?"

Hahaha!

Dude, people into astronomy are crazy!

I love how they go "Wait, what sign are you?'

You reply and no matter what it is they go

"Oh my gosh, yes I can totally see that!"

5 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Don't bother listening to Rogan on Spotify.  I watched the McCullough and Malone interviews.  It was just hours of information I never heard before backed by scientific studies- boring.  If it's not something I could get from a few minutes reading headlines on CNN it can't be worthwhile.  And Rogan, don't get me started on him.  Always asking questions when he didn't understand something or thought what he heard didn't sound right.  Sure it made things easy to understand and interesting but it makes you start thinking.  Rogan is a Bernie bro so his intellect is probably above mine.  But he is a cheeky fella.  I don't know if you saw his apology video where he pointed out that suggesting masks are ineffective was considered misinformation but is now well known.  How dare he make me think my masky might have been nothing more than a security blanket.  Rogan is obviously dangerous.

I'm with much of this -- including the sarcasm -- but I missed the conclusive science that masks are ineffective. There's tons of impartial (honestly) scientific research that recognizes the imperfections and inaccuracies about masks that critics love to cite, but calmly concludes that when taken as a whole, masks are one of the few effective ways outside total isolation to fight a potentially deadly communicable disease.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7883189/

So if your takeaway from Rogan is that masks are now officially considered ineffective, that's the problem in a nutshell. 

• Plus1 3

One of the reasons this Joe Rogan Experience got 14 million views is because people were saying "I never got Bernie Sanders until this" and so people who normally don't watch Joe started sharing the link. 

Giving Bernie and hour and a bunch of honest questions seemed to make a difference. 

• Plus1 1

On 2/2/2022 at 1:51 PM, RedDenver said:

Spotify made this bed when they signed on Rogan. It wasn't a mystery that Rogan talks politics before Spotify signed him, so I'm not all that sympathetic to Spotify especially given political talk shows are a part of their business. And Rogan is making part of his money off of his misinformation about covid, so I'm not all that sympathetic towards him either. Rogan runs his own show and could bring on experts to help educate him and his audience on what he got wrong about covid or he could double down on the misinformation, so he's free to take actions on his show about the issues.

Here is a short list of defectors. Mary Trump being one of them. Seems like what I said …let’s band together and get Joe kicked. Not sure how many listen to Mary Trump though. The last name alone turns away listeners. :cowbell:

“Mary Trump, a podcaster, author and the niece of former president Donald Trump, took to Twitter this week to say she was removing her podcast, "The Mary Trump Show" from the platform.
"I know it's not a big deal but hope it will be part of a growing avalanche," she tweeted.”

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Obviously there's a political slant to the Spotify insurrection, but a lot of artists hope to leverage it to publicize the s#!tty deal Spotify has always given musicians. 

I read that Young was making 750K a year from Spotify, I was shocked.  That seems so high to me.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

I read that Young was making 750K a year from Spotify, I was shocked.  That seems so high to me.

I know he's not your guy, but Neil Young has a massive catalog — and is the licensed songwriter for many covers of his songs -- and with streaming services siphoning off what used to be handsome album and CD sales, $750K worth of micropayments isn't that much.