The Democrat Utopia

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Because of the picture or because of the people that think there are enough of the people in the picture that it will effect the way they live their lives?

Because of the picture. I’m fine with people doing whatever they want, just tired of seeing it and being told about it.

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Because of the picture. I’m fine with people doing whatever they want, just tired of seeing it and being told about it.

How many pictures of “pregnant men” do you see a day?!?!?

What does your browser history look like?!?

edit: I guess I knew they existed, but not once in my life, that I can remember, have I felt overwhelmed by pics and stories of pregnant men.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
6 hours ago, funhusker said:

edit: I guess I knew they existed, but not once in my life, that I can remember, have I felt overwhelmed by pics and stories of pregnant men.

I understand it's an "odd"' picture for someone to see, but once you understand the situation is makes sense. The picture represents a very rare occurrence, in which people over-react to in my opinion.

Quick story. I was in Lowe's a month or so ago, and I went to use the men's room.  I'm standing at a urinal, doing my business, when a woman (clearly identifying herself as a woman, she was wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt, but she looked like a woman) comes up next to the urinal next to me to do her business.  If I was younger, or stupider, I may have made some stupid comment or asked a question to her, but I decided otherwise. In the end, it was 2 people just trying to use the restroom and then getting on with our day. I assume that's how most people (transgender or not) want to live their lives. They want to just live their lives as normal as possible. They don't go use opposite sex bathrooms to get a sexual thrill out of it, they do it to do their bodily functions and move on. 

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I understand it's an "odd"' picture for someone to see, but once you understand the situation is makes sense. The picture represents a very rare occurrence, in which people over-react to in my opinion.

Quick story. I was in Lowe's a month or so ago, and I went to use the men's room.  I'm standing at a urinal, doing my business, when a woman (clearly identifying herself as a woman, she was wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt, but she looked like a woman) comes up next to the urinal next to me to do her business.  If I was younger, or stupider, I may have made some stupid comment or asked a question to her, but I decided otherwise. In the end, it was 2 people just trying to use the restroom and then getting on with our day. I assume that's how most people (transgender or not) want to live their lives. They want to just live their lives as normal as possible. They don't go use opposite sex bathrooms to get a sexual thrill out of it, they do it to do their bodily functions and move on. 

100% chance that person next to you in the urinal that day is telling a story about you "So this woman, who was clearly identifying as a man, was in the pisser...)hahahaha

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, funhusker said:

I don’t feel overwhelmed by pics or stories of pregnant men. I was simply commenting on one freak show of a picture. There had to be at least 4 or 5 letters of the alphabet people represented in that one.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Spot. f#&%ing. On.

I didn’t watch the video but it’s likely some of both. I’m sure more people came out as gay in California in the 90s than in Mississippi. Coming out was much safer in California. It doesn’t mean California was causing people to decide they were gay. 

That said there are a lot of rules about gender that are social constructs that people get ridiculed for if they don’t obey them. There is no biological sex reason that women wear dresses and make up and men don’t. And I am sure some people, especially younger people, think if they want to dress like the other gender it means they were supposed to be born with that gender (biological sex, actually).

• Plus1 4

17 hours ago, teachercd said:

Is it really a trendy thing to have a trans kid in the family now?

I do not know about trans, but in the local high school it seems to be ‘trendy’ to identify as another gender or sexual preference….I am not even sure how to best word this. Two of the neighbor girls we know have changed how they identify a couple of times now. Most of the kids we see doing this are part of the music and drama programs or the friend groups participate in these areas of study. I only mention this because it’s an observation. It could be that it’s not as comfortable for kids playing football to come out for example.