The Democrat Utopia

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Infighting among Democrats on issues are keeping the support down, ironically overturning Roe has cost the top of the Democrats heavily.

The left thinks Biden/Schumer/Pelosi aren't "fighting". Which, frankly, is just the base of the party currently in the Denial stage of grief. They simply cannot fathom that this issue is likely lost for our lifetime and there isn't anything they can do about it. 

13 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

This quoted tweet implying that Schumer needs to be more combative or that he's not passionate enough is exhibit A on my point. 

No Democrat with the political reality of Biden would score high with the extordinary expectations the Left has for their political leadership.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Infighting among Democrats on issues are keeping the scores down, ironically overturning Roe has cost the top of the Democrats heavily.

The left thinks Biden/Schumer/Pelosi aren't "fighting". Which, frankly, is just the base of the party currently in the Denial stage of grief. They simply cannot fathom that this issue is likely lost for our lifetime and there isn't anything they can do about it. 

I think the RvW issue is what is keeping the Dems in competitive position.  People know it was the Republicans that did it and are angry.  That's going to motivate many people to vote against Republicans.  

However, they need to nominate good candidates that appeal to a wide range of voters.  Right now, Biden is not seen as that.  The majority of voters want someone younger and new.  They want someone who can be a strong threat to the Republicans to keep the WH.  Not, some 80+ year old guy who is seen as not energetic enough to get the job done as they see it needs done.

26 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Not arguing against this.  But what makes you say that?

I voted for Biden over Trump.  And will almost certainly vote for him again if he decides to run again and makes it to the general.

But I absolutely  want a different Dem candidate.

What makes me say that?  You can find many examples right here on HB alone.  There’s a lot more where that came from elsewhere.  Having said that I still think even Biden would defeat Trump for sure.  The same should be said for DeSantis as well but then again ‘Merica.

• Plus1 1

Not being Trump or Desantis is not an achievement. Everyone who is not those two guys qualifies. Biden was a poor candidate 2 years ago and has proven he doesn’t belong in the office. The dems absolutely have to cone up with someone better for 2024, as do the repubs. Unfortunately we all have a pretty good idea what constitutes “better” for the Rs currently. This is exactly why the dems have to do much better. Biden can’t run again, he is already Weekend at Bernies.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

What makes me say that?  You can find many examples right here on HB alone.  There’s a lot more where that came from elsewhere.  Having said that I still think even Biden would defeat Trump for sure.  The same should be said for DeSantis as well but then again ‘Merica.

Gotcha.

I thought the comment came from Dems wanting a different nominee.

14 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Not being Trump or Desantis is not an achievement. Everyone who is not those two guys qualifies. Biden was a poor candidate 2 years ago and has proven he doesn’t belong in the office. The dems absolutely have to cone up with someone better for 2024, as do the repubs. Unfortunately we all have a pretty good idea what constitutes “better” for the Rs currently. This is exactly why the dems have to do much better. Biden can’t run again, he is already Weekend at Bernies.

I can still remember seeing that movie in the theaters and it also got major HBO run.  Never would I have thought that it would sort of become a small part of pop culture with gifs of Bernie Lomax wearing his shades and blue jacket while being propped up by Andrew and John (their real names, I don't remember their names in the movie, sad that I remember the dead guys name though!)

45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think the RvW issue is what is keeping the Dems in competitive position.  People know it was the Republicans that did it and are angry.  That's going to motivate many people to vote against Republicans.  

However, they need to nominate good candidates that appeal to a wide range of voters.  Right now, Biden is not seen as that.  The majority of voters want someone younger and new.  They want someone who can be a strong threat to the Republicans to keep the WH.  Not, some 80+ year old guy who is seen as not energetic enough to get the job done as they see it needs done.

I don't disagree, but I don't think the political outcomes change - honestly I think a more "energetic" President who is at all combative would doom what few pieces of legislation that can pass. The political left seems hellbent on alienating two pivotal Senators, votes they need to confirm judges, pass Reconciliation, etc.

This comes from a person who was a Pete Buttigieg supporter - and would still like him to run in the future. 

My two least favorite candidates were Biden and Harris, ironically, but I also understand that the electoral map necessitates a candidate like Joe Biden. A more aggressive candidate likely loses every Presidential race from now until 2032-2036 when Texas turns blue.

20 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Lebron is one of the more annoying examples of someone who thinks they’re really smart, and they’re actually very dumb.

Maybe Lebron should put his money where his mouth is and take an extended trip to Russia, preferably with some hashish oil on him.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
13 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Lebron is one of the more annoying examples of someone who thinks they’re really smart, and they’re actually very dumb.

I'm so tired of the mantra from some on the Griner issue claiming the government isn't helping her because she is a black woman.  Meanwhile, there have been white males in prison in Russia for much longer than her.

Anyone going to another country, breaking their law, getting arrested, then thrown in jail, needs to understand they are in their situation because of what THEY did.  The US government doesn't control law enforcement in other countries....especially Russia when we are in the situation we are currently in with them.  

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm so tired of the mantra from some on the Griner issue claiming the government isn't helping her because she is a black woman.  Meanwhile, there have been white males in prison in Russia for much longer than her.

Anyone going to another country, breaking their law, getting arrested, then thrown in jail, needs to understand they are in their situation because of what THEY did.  The US government doesn't control law enforcement in other countries....especially Russia when we are in the situation we are currently in with them.  

Eghhh... Russia is a bit of a different animal though. There's enough corruption that somebody could easily decide you're someone they want to make an example of, or maybe they want a little money to make your "problem" go away.

But yes, she shouldn't be getting any special treatment because she famous. Remember the people imprison in North Korea under Obama? Took awhile for them to be released...

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Eghhh... Russia is a bit of a different animal though. There's enough corruption that somebody could easily decide you're someone they want to make an example of, or maybe they want a little money to make your "problem" go away.

But yes, she shouldn't be getting any special treatment because she famous. Remember the people imprison in North Korea under Obama? Took awhile for them to be released...

I don’t imagine Russia is that much different than most places in the world when it comes to foreigners being jailed. South America, the Mid East, Asia….might be best if you don’t break their laws too.

• Plus1 2