The Democrat Utopia

6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Eghhh... Russia is a bit of a different animal though. There's enough corruption that somebody could easily decide you're someone they want to make an example of, or maybe they want a little money to make your "problem" go away.

But yes, she shouldn't be getting any special treatment because she famous. Remember the people imprison in North Korea under Obama? Took awhile for them to be released...

Then, don’t break their laws. 

• Plus1 1

56 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t imagine Russia is that much different than most places in the world when it comes to foreigners being jailed. South America, the Mid East, Asia….might be best if you don’t break their laws too.

I think Russia is a lot like Mexico, where the law enforcement officials just want their cut and they'll let you go, unless you're more valuable.

12 minutes ago, ZRod said:

What if you didn't? I know she plead guilty, just hypothetically.

You are going to a foreign country that has just started the largest war in Europe with their neighbor since WWII.  The US is helping the country they are fighting.

MAYBE.....don't go to that country right then?  MAYBE......realize that this is a possibility and take action to protect yourself by staying home?

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You are going to a foreign country that has just started the largest war in Europe with their neighbor since WWII.  The US is helping the country they are fighting.

MAYBE.....don't go to that country right then?  MAYBE......realize that this is a possibility and take action to protect yourself by staying home?

That's lame. I want some borscht and vodka!

• Oh Yeah! 1
9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm so tired of the mantra from some on the Griner issue claiming the government isn't helping her because she is a black woman.  Meanwhile, there have been white males in prison in Russia for much longer than her.

Anyone going to another country, breaking their law, getting arrested, then thrown in jail, needs to understand they are in their situation because of what THEY did.  The US government doesn't control law enforcement in other countries....especially Russia when we are in the situation we are currently in with them.  

I feel bad for her situation, but yeah, you’re a moron for taking drugs into another country. Hopefully she can get back home, and despite Lebron’s dumbass take, she’ll kiss the shores off this country upon her return. 

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I feel bad for her situation, but yeah, you’re a moron for taking drugs into another country. Hopefully she can get back home, and despite Lebron’s dumbass take, she’ll kiss the shores off this country upon her return. 

Yeah.....and she will be greeted by a bunch of people telling her how she wasn't brought home earlier because she's a black woman....so, she should be angry.

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

:yeah           

To beat the replies...I know that Rs are guilty as well...

Unfortunately this isn’t a party specific problem or new. It’s a “our government is dysfunctional” and “politicians are crooks” issue. The problem would be 50% better if it were only one side, either side. If there were only one thing we could fix it should be to remove all the financial benefits of “serving the people”.

• Oh Yeah! 1
On 7/13/2022 at 3:10 PM, B.B. Hemingway said:

I guess it's a complicated issue, but my take is that Griner's arrest and show trial is 100% due to the timing of U.S. sanctions against Russia for the Ukraine invasion. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Ignoring the Pelosi's for a moment: it turns out this semiconductor bill is a national security issue. I had no idea the U.S. — home of Intel and AMD — only made 5% of our semiconductors these days. The market has virtually been cornered by Taiwan. So if China decides it wants to mess with Taiwan for any number of reasons, it could also cut off the U.S.'s semiconductor supply in the process.  It was the Defense Department that raised the concern, based on its constant need for reliable semiconductors.

Also, Nvidia develops technology for the gaming industry. It is not a semiconductor manufacturer, just one of many, many purchasers. 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Ignoring the Pelosi's for a moment: it turns out this semiconductor bill is a national security issue. I had no idea the U.S. — home of Intel and AMD — only made 5% of our semiconductors these days. The market has virtually been cornered by Taiwan. So if China decides it wants to mess with Taiwan for any number of reasons, it could also cut off the U.S.'s semiconductor supply in the process.  It was the Defense Department that raised the concern, based on its constant need for reliable semiconductors.

Also, Nvidia develops technology for the gaming industry. It is not a semiconductor manufacturer, just one of many, many purchasers. 

I saw the info on Nvidia under the tweet. Interesting info on the Natl security concerns, thanks

• Haha 1