The Democrat Utopia

31 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Please no.

The incumbency bonus is less than it was previously, however, Joe Biden would stand the best chance of beating Trump or DeSantis. A non Biden candidate would be a heavy underdog against either one. 

I was a Buttigieg fan in the primaries, but frankly, Democrats don't have many good candidates since most of them tripped over themselves to win the Sanders wing of the party, which is unelectable.

1 minute ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The incumbency bonus is less than it was previously, however, Joe Biden would stand the best chance of beating Trump or DeSantis. A non Biden candidate would be a heavy underdog against either one. 

I was a Buttigieg fan in the primaries, but frankly, Democrats don't have many good candidates since most of them tripped over themselves to win the Sanders wing of the party, which is unelectable.

I'm not convinced of the bolded.  He would be 85 years old when he leaves office after a second term.  While I think Republican's constant talk about him being feeble and senile is over blown, at some point, their reality will actually become reality with him.  For being as feeble and senile as they say....right now he's doing a pretty good job of kicking their a$$.  But, I think Americans are looking for a younger person.

Where is someone in either party that is young and doesn't think they need to pander to the extremes of the parties?

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not convinced of the bolded.  He would be 85 years old when he leaves office after a second term.  While I think Republican's constant talk about him being feeble and senile is over blown, at some point, their reality will actually become reality with him.  For being as feeble and senile as they say....right now he's doing a pretty good job of kicking their a$$.  But, I think Americans are looking for a younger person.

Where is someone in either party that is young and doesn't think they need to pander to the extremes of the parties?

The problem is you can't win a primary without pandering to extremes. 

For Democrats, they'd have to nominate Kamala Harris who isn't a great candidate, she's terrible in debates, and struggles in interviews. Those things don't matter on the Republican side, but for a Democrat it's unlikely they win since they're at a massive systemic disadvantage as it is. Buttigeg is their best, most charismatic candidate but he wouldn't win a primary since he's extremely unpopular within the Black community. 

Remember, it doesn't matter what most Americans want: the electoral college skews what Democrats need to win and rewards Republicans for nominating insane candidates. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The problem is you can't win a primary without pandering to extremes. 

For Democrats, they'd have to nominate Kamala Harris who isn't a great candidate, she's terrible in debates, and struggles in interviews. Those things don't matter on the Republican side, but for a Democrat it's unlikely they win since they're at a massive systemic disadvantage as it is. Buttigeg is their best, most charismatic candidate but he wouldn't win a primary since he's extremely unpopular within the Black community. 

Remember, it doesn't matter what most Americans want: the electoral college skews what Democrats need to win and rewards Republicans for nominating insane candidates. 

I fully understand that. However, Biden won the nomination because he was viewed as a more moderate candidate. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

The dems have Beto and Buttigieg, although the latter just has that quality about him where you think he's a snively narc even if you really want to trust and like him lol

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

The dems have Beto and Buttigieg, although the latter just has that quality about him where you think he's a snively narc even if you really want to trust and like him lol

Buttigied is a used car salesman. Beto has his moments. But I think AOC is a lot better than both, but I know people on this forum tend to favor center-right to far-right candidates and will paint her as "extreme".

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Buttigied is a used car salesman. Beto has his moments. But I think AOC is a lot better than both, but I know people on this forum tend to favor center-right to far-right candidates and will paint her as "extreme".

I would be insanely happy to have AOC as the Dem candidate for President.  

• Fire 1
15 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Oh my…..not even looking at policy, she says some pretty dumb things. 

17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I would be insanely happy to have AOC as the Dem candidate for President.  

As you should, she'd lose by an unimaginable margin. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I fully understand that. However, Biden won the nomination because he was viewed as a more moderate candidate. 

I fully agree, I don't think there's an alternative that could win. If they go through a primary process, I have no idea which moderate candidates could get out. I simply don't see which moderate candidate could emerge and be competitive with DeSantis/Trump.

• Plus1 1

Just now, Dr. Strangelove said:

Her main campaign pitch is "Abolish ICE", which alone makes her massively unelectable.

I think there's quite a few people who would be in favor of abolishing ICE in favor of going back to the system we had before 9/11. But, ya know, unelectable.