The Democrat Utopia

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I think there's quite a few people who would be in favor of abolishing ICE in favor of going back to the system we had before 9/11. But, ya know, unelectable.

Exactly this. If anything the apprehension and detention of illegal immigrants should go back to the BP as ICE is horrible at it from a humanitarian perspective.

• Plus1 2

8 hours ago, ZRod said:

Exactly this. If anything the apprehension and detention of illegal immigrants should go back to the BP as ICE is horrible at it from a humanitarian perspective.

All that is great, but the point isn't whether or not that's a good idea. The point is if you can get elected with that on your platform. 

If you want to lose the Electoral College by record margins, then run on an "Abolish ICE" message.

8 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

All that is great, but the point isn't whether or not that's a good idea. The point is if you can get elected with that on your platform. 

If you want to lose the Electoral College by record margins, then run on an "Abolish ICE" message.

She was running for a congressional seat in a minority district. Not to mention many Americans at the time agreed that something needed to cha he with ICE. Still not sure how the congressional slogan that won for her was dumb. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

She was running for a congressional seat in a minority district. Not to mention many Americans at the time agreed that something needed to cha he with ICE. Still not sure how the congressional slogan that won for her was dumb. 

I believe he’s saying it’s dumb on a national platform…which it is and that may be one of less moronic things she is known for, which is why I hope she runs and wins the nomination. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I believe he’s saying it’s dumb on a national platform…which it is and that may be one of less moronic things she is known for, which is why I hope she runs and wins the nomination. 

I don't understand how you can ca AOC mornic and support Desantis. You're the very definition of party politics before country.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’ve voted for 2 Democrats in the last the last couple elections so you factually have no idea what you are talking about.  

You voted for Biden and Hillary? I seriously doubt that. And it was more of a general statement about typical far right Repubs voting party first, not necessarily about you.

But to find common ground, yes, AOC says moronic things. Her and Pelosi, among others, is why I’ll never be a democrat. If the dems want to lose a Presidential election, all they need to do is run AOC or one of their other far left twits.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You voted for Biden and Hillary? I seriously doubt that. And it was more of a general statement about typical far right Repubs voting party first, not necessarily about you.

But to find common ground, yes, AOC says moronic things. Her and Pelosi, among others, is why I’ll never be a democrat. If the dems want to lose a Presidential election, all they need to do is run AOC or one of their other far left twits.

I voted for our current Gov and so far plan on doing it again.  Outside of her Covid stance, she’s done a fine job and why fox what isn’t broken at the moment.  

Also voted for Dennis Moore, but semi regretted it.  I have not voted for a Dem President as of yet.  

As you know there are other elections beside the presidential one.  

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This was my point, yet when I say it, all of a sudden it’s party over politics:dunno

• Thanks 1

I’ve voted for 2 Democrats in the last the last couple elections so you factually have no idea what you are talking about.  

Then you've lost your common sense somewhere along the way. The policies and scare mongering he has done in Florida is abhorrent. I'm sure you can point to a few good things here and there but it doesn't excuse the transphobic, homophobic, and borderline racists things he's implemented.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Again, what exactly has she said that's moronic? Abolish ICE, is that it?

Pelosi, I 100% agree and I even said on here during her last election that she needed to go. I can't stand her.

It’s quite easy if you pay a tad bit attention to the moron things she says and does.  

Name them.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

This was my point, yet when I say it, all of a sudden it’s party over politics:dunno

I suppose it kind of comes with the territory when most of the R party has moved so far right and you express a preference for some of their furthest right bats#!t people. :dunno  And it wasn’t posited as party over politics, it was party over country. Currently there is no discernible difference between the R party and their politics. Left unchecked the Rs would have us transformed to Gilead in one election cycle.

• Plus1 1