The Democrat Utopia

52 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Love how you think calling her a "bartender" takes away from the fact that she went to Boston College where the average GPA to get in is 3.9 and she graduated with both Economics and International Relations degrees cum laude.  Then she was elected by a group of gritty, no bs New Yorkers to a seat in the house at age 29.

If you don't like someones policy positions that's fair.  But it's a huge sign of your allegiance and admiration of the former guy that you think the best way to speak about a someone you disagree with it to try to belittle them and call them names.  

That $hit says far more about the poster/accuser than the person they're focused on.

It's going to be go hilarious when he votes for him in 2024, after considerable time posting about how Trump shouldn't run and how DeSantis should take his place. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

But it's a huge sign of your allegiance and admiration of the former guy that you think the best way to speak about a someone you disagree with it to try to belittle them and call them names.  

You must not be reading posts from others on here.  If so, I’ve missed the froth directed towards them.  

• TBH 1
4 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Love how you think calling her a "bartender" takes away from the fact that she went to Boston College where the average GPA to get in is 3.9 and she graduated with both Economics and International Relations degrees cum laude.  Then she was elected by a group of gritty, no bs New Yorkers to a seat in the house at age 29.

If you don't like someones policy positions that's fair.  But it's a huge sign of your allegiance and admiration of the former guy that you think the best way to speak about a someone you disagree with it to try to belittle them and call them names.  

That $hit says far more about the poster/accuser than the person they're focused on.

The funniest part is the namecalling of bartender followed up by...

not knowing how quotation marks work

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, funhusker said:

What does charging for a shirt have to do with charging for “free speech”?

AOC is better at trolling than Elon is…

I thought it was funny. It’s very interesting to me that people on the left (not necessarily you) are referring to this as free speech platform now. Not long ago when I was complaining about how Twitter decided to ban folks (not all but some) I was told on this very board that Twitter was a company that could do what they want. I tried to argue it had become part of the “town square” and got shot down for that too. So I think we are now agreed that Twitter is a free speech platform and part of town square. One side or the other doesn’t  like how the owners operate it. Newspapers were part of free speech back in the day. I remember paying for those. I guess we did not pay for the evening news with Dan Rather as long as you had a good antenna.

• TBH 1
14 minutes ago, nic said:

So I think we are now agreed that Twitter is a free speech platform and part of town square.

Who is "we"? Who is agreeing with this?

14 minutes ago, nic said:

I was told on this very board that Twitter was a company that could do what they want.

That is still correct. The owner being a $h!thead does not change it. The people complaining are customers voicing their displeasure with the direction of the product, and some comments are dumber than others.

16 minutes ago, nic said:

Newspapers were part of free speech back in the day. I remember paying for those. I guess we did not pay for the evening news with Dan Rather as long as you had a good antenna.

This absolutely makes no sense, what are you even saying here? 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, nic said:

I thought it was funny. It’s very interesting to me that people on the left (not necessarily you) are referring to this as free speech platform now. Not long ago when I was complaining about how Twitter decided to ban folks (not all but some) I was told on this very board that Twitter was a company that could do what they want. I tried to argue it had become part of the “town square” and got shot down for that too. So I think we are now agreed that Twitter is a free speech platform and part of town square. One side or the other doesn’t  like how the owners operate it. Newspapers were part of free speech back in the day. I remember paying for those. I guess we did not pay for the evening news with Dan Rather as long as you had a good antenna.

That's not how I'm reading the situation at all.

"The left" is laughing at the fact that "the right" has argued that Twitter is free speech and people shouldn't be silenced on the platform; Elon among them.  His purchase of the company was going to be a win for the champions of free speech.  His first "move: to start charging some people.

It's all just stupid.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

"The left" is laughing at the fact that "the right" has argued that Twitter is free speech and people shouldn't be silenced on the platform; Elon among them.  His purchase of the company was going to be a win for the champions of free speech.  His first "move: to start charging some people.

It's all just stupid.

Here's what is so stupid with all of this.

Musk buys Twitter and claims he's going to get rid of all of the bots and fake accounts.  Blue checks, supposedly are confirmed accounts to be who they claim to be.  Now, he's going to start charging for the blue accounts.

Does this dingbat think that move is going to make MORE accounts verified....or fewer?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, nic said:

It’s very interesting to me that people on the left (not necessarily you) are referring to this as free speech platform now. 

Anyone keeping a running tally of how many people don't seem to understand how quotation marks work? 

This is quality self-own comedy. 

• Plus1 3

10 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's going to be go hilarious when he votes for him in 2024, after considerable time posting about how Trump shouldn't run and how DeSantis should take his place. 

I’ve already said I won’t be voting for Trump even if is the nominee in 2024.  Sorry to ruing your funny. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, funhusker said:

It's all just stupid.

Looks like I missed your quotes. Oops, shoot me. I will read slower next time. Twitter is free if you do not want the blue check mark. @BigRedBuster has a fair point above. Let’s see how he intends to eliminate the bots. I seem to remember somewhere he suggested paying for the check mark would help ensure it’s authenticity. That implies he believes the checkmarks were not doing the job as implemented. I have no idea whether he is right. 

I still think his Twitter wars with AOC are funny….maybe they are flirting. :D

• Plus1 1