The Democrat Utopia

51 minutes ago, nic said:

There was a link to the application and yes I made sure it worked. I didn’t go through the entire process, however. Let me check it. Maybe I posted the wrong article. BTW. My latest search listed 7 main genders and 68 sub genders. Close to what I remembered. 6 and 72. People can’t even remember the planets in the solar system. I am not sure who knows about all these sub genders. 

The bigger question is why you care. None of this affects you, but you're posting on and on, without evidence, about furries gender roles on an application. There could be one, seven, or eleven hundred, and it wouldn't affect you in any way.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, nic said:

My latest search listed 7 main genders and 68 sub genders. Close to what I remembered. 6 and 72. People can’t even remember the planets in the solar system. I am not sure who knows about all these sub genders. 

Who cares? Is it info that you or others have a desperate need to know? If someone fills out an application for something listing a gender you haven't heard of is that any more concern to you than if they list a town you've never heard of as their address or a college you've never heard of as their education? 

• Plus1 5
  • TBH 1
53 minutes ago, nic said:

People can’t even remember the planets in the solar system.

I mean, not knowing the planets is actually more concerning than having multiple gender options on a form. Ignorance of science does and has actually hurt people, while someone else having a gender identity that you do not understand does not hurt you at all.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1
23 minutes ago, nic said:

Just pointing out that my neighbor would know more about gender identity than I do. They are active in the LGBTQ community, and I assume that many of  these gender definitions come from that community.

Maybe you should tell your neighbor how much time you spend on Huskerboard b!^@hing and moaning about cancel culture and gender identity and see what her perspective is.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, nic said:

There was a link to the application and yes I made sure it worked. I didn’t go through the entire process, however. Let me check it. Maybe I posted the wrong article. BTW. My latest search listed 7 main genders and 68 sub genders. Close to what I remembered. 6 and 72. People can’t even remember the planets in the solar system. I am not sure who knows about all these sub genders. 

Wait. So you found an article on guaranteed income for transgender people in San Fran, then you actually spent the time to go through the application process to find out if there were 130 genders listed or not?  I gotta hand it to you. At least you're not down the rabbit hole of the "Who will our next coach be" thread.  

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Wait. So you found an article on guaranteed income for transgender people in San Fran, then you actually spent the time to go through the application process to find out if there were 130 genders listed or not?

I did some googling. When you search for it, many of the first hits are right-wing sites like Fox frothing about it. Guess where this conversation likely started.

Here's the application

Prepare to be tRiGgErEd by the demographics section.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
32 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Wait. So you found an article on guaranteed income for transgender people in San Fran, then you actually spent the time to go through the application process to find out if there were 130 genders listed or not?  I gotta hand it to you. At least you're not down the rabbit hole of the "Who will our next coach be" thread.  

i wonder if nic got the job he applied for?

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I did some googling. When you search for it, many of the first hits are right-wing sites like Fox frothing about it. Guess where this conversation likely started.

Here's the application

Prepare to be tRiGgErEd by the demographics section.

Well I'll be.  So the whole " I was talking to my neighbor the other day, just b.s.ing about the weather and such and she brings up a program for low income transgender people but she couldn't possibly be trans or homophobic because she has kids in the LGBTQ community" story kind of never passed the smell test after all.  Who could have guessed?  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
18 hours ago, knapplc said:

The bigger question is why you care. None of this affects you, but you're posting on and on, without evidence, about furries gender roles on an application. There could be one, seven, or eleven hundred, and it wouldn't affect you in any way.

I am pointing out how nonsensical it is to have so many genders. 

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, Ulty said:

Maybe you should tell your neighbor how much time you spend on Huskerboard b!^@hing and moaning about cancel culture and gender identity and see what her perspective is.

She complains about it too. It's refreshing. 

• Plus1 1