The Democrat Utopia

7 minutes ago, nic said:

This is the best one yet. The AP News storybook rules says the use of the word 'The' is dehumanizing and insensitive. I guess The Ohio State Buckeyes will be looking for a new trademark. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/chrisobrien/2023/01/27/ap-apologizes-for-the-french-tweet-that-triggered-viral-backlash/amp/

I guess I don't take that from the article.  I take it that they were upset they were lumped in with the other groups in the tweet.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

That Paul Pelosi video is VERY weird.  Attacker let’s him open the door, Pelosi is wearing a button shirt with buttons closer but no pants and is holding a cocktail at the time of attack.  

And what’s with the police not rushing in when they see a hammer and a slight struggle between the two for the hammer. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

It's a little strange but it doesn't rise to the level of weirdness of trying to make political points over an armed assault of an 80 year old man.  It's really not as weird as the lurker who up votes every one of your posts.  That dude so creepy it's almost savage.  

But for reference here's the police body cam video, the 911 call, and the part right-wing conspiracy theorists conveniently leave out, video of the assailant breaking into the house.

• Plus1 6
2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

It's really not as weird as the lurker who up votes every one of your posts.  That dude so creepy it's almost savage.  

Someone seems a tad jealous.  And yes, that whole encounter was weird.  And no one here is making a political point of an 80 yr old getting hammered (literally) 

• Oh Yeah! 1

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:
5 hours ago, nic said:

This is the best one yet. The AP News storybook rules says the use of the word 'The' is dehumanizing and insensitive. I guess The Ohio State Buckeyes will be looking for a new trademark. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/chrisobrien/2023/01/27/ap-apologizes-for-the-french-tweet-that-triggered-viral-backlash/amp/

Expand  

I guess I don't take that from the article.  I take it that they were upset they were lumped in with the other groups in the tweet.

Below is the original… now deleted …tweet. I think they were embarrassed.

“We recommend avoiding general and often dehumanizing ‘the’ labels such as the poor, the mentally ill, the French, the disabled, the college-educated. Instead, use wording such as people with mental illnesses. And use these descriptions only when clearly relevant,"

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

That Paul Pelosi video is VERY weird.  Attacker let’s him open the door, Pelosi is wearing a button shirt with buttons closer but no pants and is holding a cocktail at the time of attack.  

And what’s with the police not rushing in when they see a hammer and a slight struggle between the two for the hammer. 

• It was 6 seconds between the cops opening the door and the hammer attack on Mr Pelosi.  
  • He broke into the house at 2am - not sure what you sleep in, but there's nothing weird in my book about a man havins skivvies on at that hour.  
  • Pelosi was able to keep the guy talking while he went into that bathroom and called the cops, it's my understanding that he put on the shirt then.

If you listen to the 911 call you'll hear he was trying to do all he could to keep the guy calm and rational and get help there all while doing as the intruder said.  Do you think if this was a planned meeting he'd call 911?  I have no clue if he had a cup or what was in it and I don't really care.  The fact that you bring it up just means you've latched onto the conspiracy kook conspiracy ideas.  Pretty sad that after watching this video you still try to make waves about this being anything other than a brutal attack.  Did you watch the guy break into the house?  Does that fit into your thought process of whatever scandelous reason you think the nut was there?

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

It was 6 seconds between the cops opening the door and the hammer attack on Mr Pelosi.  

I don’t know police protocol at all I fully admit. I would just assume, more urgency when someone is holding a hammer on a break in call.  

22 minutes ago, NM11046 said:
  • si.  
  • He broke into the house at 2am - not sure what you sleep in, but there's nothing weird in my book about a man havins skivvies on at that hour.  

I sleep in shorts and a tshirt not a button down shirt.  That’s why it’s weird to me.  And as you said, it’s 2 a.m. in skivies….why the cocktail? 

24 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Do you think if this was a planned meeting he'd call 911?

I don’t really think it was a planned meeting.  It’s just a weird deal all around.  Did the house alarm go off.  Maybe he forgot to turn it on.  I’m sure they have one given the resident of the property.  

27 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

The fact that you bring it up just means you've latched onto the conspiracy kook conspiracy ideas.  Pretty sad that after watching this video you still try to make waves about this being anything other than a brutal attack

Why do you constantly assume things that aren’t the case??  I don’t believe it was a sexual tryst or whatever else you have read that’s cooky.  I think it’s just a weird break-in situation that’s interesting to see on camera.  (Just an fyi….my house got broken into 13 years ago next month at 3:19 am with my wife coming face to face holding our 2nd old (now 15) with the intruders who thankfully immediately left….unfortunately with some of our stuff.  Our experience was vastly different, not to say everyone’s is going to be the same.  I don’t know how you could possibly think this is even semi normal for a break in though.  And for someone to have a differing opinion than you on this doesn’t mean there is some grand conspiracy theory going (which in ever claimed to have or even try to insinuate). 

It’s sad you just continually assume things that aren’t the case.   

I feel it’s almost more of a police inaction issue more than anything else.   

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

22 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t know police protocol at all I fully admit. I would just assume, more urgency when someone is holding a hammer on a break in call.  

I sleep in shorts and a tshirt not a button down shirt.  That’s why it’s weird to me.  And as you said, it’s 2 a.m. in skivies….why the cocktail? 

I don’t really think it was a planned meeting.  It’s just a weird deal all around.  Did the house alarm go off.  Maybe he forgot to turn it on.  I’m sure they have one given the resident of the property.  

Why do you constantly assume things that aren’t the case??  I don’t believe it was a sexual tryst or whatever else you have read that’s cooky.  I think it’s just a weird break-in situation that’s interesting to see on camera.  (Just an fyi….my house got broken into 13 years ago next month at 3:19 am with my wife coming face to face holding our 2nd old (now 15) with the intruders who thankfully immediately left….unfortunately with some of our stuff.  Our experience was vastly different, not to say everyone’s is going to be the same.  I don’t know how you could possibly think this is even semi normal for a break in though.  And for someone to have a differing opinion than you on this doesn’t mean there is some grand conspiracy theory going (which in ever claimed to have or even try to insinuate). 

It’s sad you just continually assume things that aren’t the case.   

I feel it’s almost more of a police inaction issue more than anything else.   

Yea Archy,, I'm not making any assumptions on your posts because you are nothing if not consistent.  Your "I'm just asking questions" technique is the same one your party uses any time a news report/truth doesn't play into your line of thinking.  You do it here continuously after getting a response that paints you into a corner,  It's either that or you try to utilize some nuance on word choice to attempt to tie up the other poster, like claiming Jeffries was proposing an insurrection because he used the word immediately.  It's all just so trite.

• Plus1 6
  • TBH 1
22 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Yea Archy,, I'm not making any assumptions on your posts because you are nothing if not consistent.  Your "I'm just asking questions" technique is the same one your party uses any time a news report/truth doesn't play into your line of thinking

And you shouldn’t be making assumptions because I wasn’t “just asking questions” in a way to suggest a nefarious plot to hide some affair.  I literally made a statement about the bodycam footage being quite weird and I’m quite certain most people if they speak in the palace of truth would agree that it’s weird to be holding a drink while a perpetrator is holding a hammer that he threatened to hit you with.  I would like both my hands free, maybe you a different.  

26 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

It's either that or you try to utilize some nuance

Wait what!?!?   Nuance is now bad here.  

• Plus1 1