The Democrat Utopia

Well the "Defund the Police!" movement didn't exactly seek the Democrats approval, nor did Black Lives Matter. The Dems tried to walk some of the language and goals back, but never replaced the messaging with something better. They are pretty awful at that. So many opportunities, so many simple ways to say things better. It's baffling. 

We do know that we're not talking about a short, pithy explanation of the actual policy, right? We are literally talking about the three word catch phrase that sticks in people's brains. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well the "Defund the Police!" movement didn't exactly seek the Democrats approval, nor did Black Lives Matter. The Dems tried to walk some of the language and goals back, but never replaced the messaging with something better. They are pretty awful at that. So many opportunities, so many simple ways to say things better. It's baffling. 

We do know that we're not talking about a short, pithy explanation of the actual policy, right? We are literally talking about the three word catch phrase that sticks in people's brains. 

Seems like a prime opportunity for those on the right to take up the torch of common sense reforms. Not radically defunding institutions, but reforming and reshaping them to be more efficient and effective.

But I digress...

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Seems like a prime opportunity for those on the right to take up the torch of common sense reforms. Not radically defunding institutions, but reforming and reshaping them to be more efficient and effective.

But I digress...

I remember reading a couple years ago that Democrats and Republicans were united in one of the most unlikely places: prison and sentencing reform.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/24/us/criminal-justice-reform-republicans-democrats.html

12 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

No….he’s criticizing the party that you think he panders for.  

I know it’s unique for you to think that someone would criticize both parties. 

He’s criticizing the Dem party for not criticizing the Republican Party enough?!?   How stunning and brave of him to do that to his own party.  

Can’t believe there isn’t any more pressing issues to criticize his own party about.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Because we all know someone saying they wouldn't take a Trump vaccine that he'd try to strong arm through the FDA prior to the election is the same as a vaccine that ultimately went through the proper approval process. :facepalm:

And before anyone says Trump didn't do that, no s#!t.  But at the time nothing was past him and that's what these types of comments were about 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
  • TBH 3