The Democrat Utopia

So now Fang Fang Swallwell thinks Orange Man Bad is a time traveler?  Check out the timelines in the two tweets he is referencing then look at Fang Fangs description of it.  :laughpound

He gets the fake news dig in on trump then closes with let’s help the people now:facepalm:

Party Politics and such amirite

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So now Fang Fang Swallwell thinks Orange Man Bad is a time traveler?  Check out the timelines in the two tweets he is referencing then look at Fang Fangs description of it.  :laughpound

He gets the fake news dig in on trump then closes with let’s help the people now:facepalm:

Party Politics and such amirite

Meh.  

• Plus1 1
On 2/24/2023 at 8:20 PM, Archy1221 said:

Uh oh.   Now @RedDenveris going to be posting about how the CA Governor is responsible for all these power outag……..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/02/24/california-power-outage-tracker-friday-feb-24/11337811002/

If this were the second or third year in a row California lost power due to cold weather (and it had happened periodically over the last 40 years), then I sure would criticize the CA gov as much as the Texas gov.

On the other hand, CA gov deserves a lot criticism for the wildfire power losses and the brownouts, which happen even more frequently than the Texas power outages. Both states can solve these issues and deserve a lot of criticism for choosing not to.

2 hours ago, nic said:

Lori Lightfoot takes 3rd. I wonder if Chicago can be fixed? Will the tough on crime candidate have any chance at beating the progressive? I doubt it. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/28/politics/chicago-mayor-election-results/index.html

Johnson just has to be tough-er on crime than Lori Lightfoot, and that's what he'll do. The toughest-on-crime guy will definitely make it interesting. Chicago has gotten a bit like late-70s New York, people are sick of it and the situation is unsustainable.

It's interesting that this is a non-partisan election, with nobody declared either Democrat or Republican. But Chicago is about entrenched political alliances and your endorsements pretty much say it all. 

• TBH 1
16 hours ago, RedDenver said:

If this were the second or third year in a row California lost power due to cold weather (and it had happened periodically over the last 40 years), then I sure would criticize the CA gov as much as the Texas gov.

On the other hand, CA gov deserves a lot criticism for the wildfire power losses and the brownouts, which happen even more frequently than the Texas power outages. Both states can solve these issues and deserve a lot of criticism for choosing not to.

There are a lot of factors in California's wildfire power outages. IIRC the main fire in the disastrous 2017 season was blamed on PG&E power lines, and the company had to pay billions in fines and lawsuits. So in subsequent years PG&E announced it would use rolling brown outs and blackouts in high risk regions during high risk periods to lessen the risk. But in practice the blackouts seemed really arbitrary, as if PG&E was being petulant: if you're going to blame and sue us, we're going to withhold your precious power under the guise of public safety. 

There have been wildfires across the West every year for eons. The recent drought made the state more of a tinderbox than ever. The state definitely should have been better prepared, but even with 2017 as a lesson, little has been done. It's not really clear what can be done, either. What makes this a human crisis is that a lot of communities have spread out into fire zones over the last 20 years, and past fires never claimed as many dwellings. 

In snow storms and wind storms the culprit is mostly downed power lines rather than grid issues. 

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

There are a lot of factors in California's wildfire power outages. IIRC the main fire in the disastrous 2017 season was blamed on PG&E power lines, and the company had to pay billions in fines and lawsuits. So in subsequent years PG&E announced it would use rolling brown outs and blackouts in high risk regions during high risk periods to lessen the risk. But in practice the blackouts seemed really arbitrary, as if PG&E was being petulant: if you're going to blame and sue us, we're going to withhold your precious power under the guise of public safety. 

There have been wildfires across the West every year for eons. The recent drought made the state more of a tinderbox than ever. The state definitely should have been better prepared, but even with 2017 as a lesson, little has been done. It's not really clear what can be done, either. What makes this a human crisis is that a lot of communities have spread out into fire zones over the last 20 years, and past fires never claimed as many dwellings. 

In snow storms and wind storms the culprit is mostly downed power lines rather than grid issues. 

https://calmatters.org/environment/2022/03/wildfires-california-utilities-prevention/

As record-breaking drought fuels another potentially dangerous wildfire season, the state auditor reported today that state officials are failing to hold California’s electric utilities accountable for preventing fires caused by their equipment.

The report to the California Legislature found that the new Office of Energy Infrastructure Safety approved utility companies’ wildfire prevention plans even when they were “seriously deficient.” Included were plans by Pacific Gas & Electric, California’s largest utility, which was held responsible for sparking the state’s deadliest wildfire, the Camp Fire that killed 85 people in 2018.

The State Auditor’s Office criticized the PUC for not conducting thorough audits of work that companies said they performed. The PUC “does not use its authority to penalize utilities when its audits uncover violations,” the report said. Among its range of duties, the commission regulates privately-owned utilities and is supposed to ensure the safe operation of the state’s electric grid.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna73182

In an 18-page report prepared by the Office of Congressional Ethics that was made public Thursday, the panel detailed its investigation into the allegation that Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., may have violated House rules, standards of conduct and federal law. It concluded that there was "substantial reason to believe" that she did accept impermissible gifts.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Walmart closing stores in Portland and elsewhere ….as long as you steal less than 1000 a day you’re safe.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/walmart-shutter-portland-locations-just-months-after-ceos-warnings-crime

“Theft is an issue. It’s higher than what it has historically been," Walmart CEO Doug McMillon said in December on CNBC. He added that "prices will be higher and/or stores will close" if authorities don’t crack down on prosecuting shoplifting crimes. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, nic said:

Walmart closing stores in Portland and elsewhere ….as long as you steal less than 1000 a day you’re safe.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/walmart-shutter-portland-locations-just-months-after-ceos-warnings-crime

“Theft is an issue. It’s higher than what it has historically been," Walmart CEO Doug McMillon said in December on CNBC. He added that "prices will be higher and/or stores will close" if authorities don’t crack down on prosecuting shoplifting crimes. 

Your comments are very misleading Nic.  If you read the article you'll see the Portland closings have nothing to do with shoplifting.  

"We have nearly 5,000 stores across the U.S. and unfortunately some do not meet our financial expectations," Walmart said in its announcement, according to KPTV. "While our underlying business is strong, these specific stores haven’t performed as well as we hoped."

The retail staple announced other closures across the U.S., including in: Arkansas, Florida, Washington, D.C., Wisconsin, New Mexico and Illinois. 

A Walmart spokesperson told Fox News Digital when asked about McMillon's comments that "there is no single cause for why a store closes."

"We do a thorough review of how a store performs and weigh many factors before making the difficult decision to close a facility," the spokesperson said.

"We consider many factors, including current and projected financial performance, location, population, customer needs, and the proximity of other nearby stores when making these difficult decisions. 

If I had to make a guess why a store like Walmart doesn't do well in Portland it is likely more because of the people's support of small businesses in their community rather than feeding the beast that comes in and shutters others, pays lower wages and impacts the community in a negative way.  It's one thing to plunk one down in rural Idaho, another to try and make one work in a city or it's suburbs.

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1

It was the same story with Walgreens a couple years ago. They company blamed the closures on shoplifting losses due to weak on crime city policies, but internal documents showed they were simply three of several poor-performing Walgreens nationwide that the company had long planned on closing. Even the police stepped up and said the number Walgreens was throwing out were bulls#!t. Other Walgreens with similar numbers chose to blame COVID. 

Although I will admit the rash of grab whatever you want without even hiding it shoplifting is a bit troubling. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

This shocked me... I used to trust CNN can't anymore. Same with every mainstream new source I just can't. I mean come on MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace more agenda BS over facts. Sadly, we are seeing this truth from all US media outlets (all of them) instead of reporting fact, they report agenda... Disgusting, who can trust anything said by our corrupt media these days? 

LINK

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
6 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

This shocked me... I used to trust CNN can't anymore. Same with every mainstream new source I just can't. I mean come on MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace more agenda BS over facts. Sadly, we are seeing this truth from all US media outlets (all of them) instead of reporting fact, they report agenda... Disgusting, who can trust anything said by our corrupt media these days? 

Link:

So corrupt they even broke the link

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1