The Democrat Utopia

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/this-is-madness-bill-maher-tears-into-san-francisco-reparations-plan/

This part happens with both sides and is pretty prevalent on the right with bills at the moment.  

“We have a lot of people at various stages of public office who are putting out bills and policies that are more for the messaging and stoking the fires on social media than actually trying to get something passed,” he said.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/this-is-madness-bill-maher-tears-into-san-francisco-reparations-plan/

This part happens with both sides and is pretty prevalent on the right with bills at the moment.  

“We have a lot of people at various stages of public office who are putting out bills and policies that are more for the messaging and stoking the fires on social media than actually trying to get something passed,” he said.

A reparations plan is the most San Francisco thing possible. I also think it's a flat out bad idea. 

• TBH 2

If those people aren’t breaking the law, you don’t have standing to “crack down on these abuses”.  If you don’t like it, work to change the law.   However, we know Congress won’t because many of them (on both sides, and Sheldon looking at you) partake in this very endeavor being complained about.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
57 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ooopfff…now getting your car broken into should be chalked up to just being a basic city life experience:lol:

My truck got broken into in my suburban driveway.

Not just a city experience.  Someone went through my brothers house and he lives at the edge of a small town in NE.

It sucks, but I’ve learned to live with the trauma it caused me.

• TBH 3

11 minutes ago, funhusker said:

My truck got broken into in my suburban driveway.

Not just a city experience.  Someone went through my brothers house and he lives at the edge of a small town in NE.

It sucks, but I’ve learned to live with the trauma it caused me.

As I’ve said before, our house got broken into while my wife and daughter were home at roughly 2:00 am and wife came face to face with the criminals.  Daughter was pretty traumatized and required therapy to feel safe at home again.   Years later Wife still puts a chair inside and infront and under the knob of the door and the criminals came through.   

Learning to live with the trauma is quite different than that type of trauma being a basic life experience.  I’m guessing over 90% of the homes and car owners in the neighborhood haven’t had to deal with a “basic life experience” such as that.  

John is a clown for equating it to be one.  

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

If those people aren’t breaking the law, you don’t have standing to “crack down on these abuses”.  If you don’t like it, work to change the law.   However, we know Congress won’t because many of them (on both sides, and Sheldon looking at you) partake in this very endeavor being complained about.  

I just happened to see this again.

Just three hours before posting this (which I agree with) you post about the Vermont high school getting upset rather than changing a rule of a governing body.

How do you keep track of where to stand on issues when your moral compass doesn’t stop spinning?

• Plus1 5
  • Oh Yeah! 1
25 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

As I’ve said before, our house got broken into while my wife and daughter were home at roughly 2:00 am and wife came face to face with the criminals.  Daughter was pretty traumatized and required therapy to feel safe at home again.   Years later Wife still puts a chair inside and infront and under the knob of the door and the criminals came through.   

Learning to live with the trauma is quite different than that type of trauma being a basic life experience.  I’m guessing over 90% of the homes and car owners in the neighborhood haven’t had to deal with a “basic life experience” such as that.  

John is a clown for equating it to be one.  

Actually a neighbor had the crooks on his Ring camera.  They hit every driveway.

So yeah, over 90%.

Buttercups need to suck it up and realize this world isn’t all sunshine and rainbows!