The Democrat Utopia

4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I just happened to see this again.

Just three hours before posting this (which I agree with) you post about the Vermont high school getting upset rather than changing a rule of a governing body.

How do you keep track of where to stand on issues when your moral compass doesn’t stop spinning?

:facepalm:

your apples to rockets comparison was quite weak.  

Do you know if the HS girls coach is on the Vermont HS sports rules committee?  
We know Liz is a Senator and capable of putting forth legislation or voting on Legislation. 

Second, your comparing a Senator asking a second federal body to possibly break federal law by doing something about an issue that is currently legal to a High School that wasn’t asking for anything!!!!   They just declined to play a game and forfeit.  For that, they got banned from competing in EVERYTHING!  Is there even a current rule in Vermont sports that says it’s a rule that if you forfeit a game you are then banned as a HS from competing in anything else?  

As Joe would eloquently mumble…… C’mon man.   You have a very silly comparison here.  

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I guess they should have just went ahead and played cause they still lost through the scenario they chose.

Could you clarify if this means you are fine with the school being banned from competing in all sports because of forfeiting one game.  

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

:facepalm:

your apples to rockets comparison was quite weak.  

Do you know if the HS girls coach is on the Vermont HS sports rules committee?  
We know Liz is a Senator and capable of putting forth legislation or voting on Legislation. 

Second, your comparing a Senator asking a second federal body to possibly break federal law by doing something about an issue that is currently legal to a High School that wasn’t asking for anything!!!!   They just declined to play a game and forfeit.  For that, they got banned from competing in EVERYTHING!  Is there even a current rule in Vermont sports that says it’s a rule that if you forfeit a game you are then banned as a HS from competing in anything else?  

As Joe would eloquently mumble…… C’mon man.   You have a very silly comparison here.  

If Vermont is like every other state, coaches can take concerns to the governing body, and propose possible changes.  

So that’s how you do it?  Pretend that everything is apples to rockets? And no consistency is required to be taken seriously?

I know how you didn’t sympathize with protestors as they were gassed by the National Gaurd.  Why are you upset that some protestors couldn’t compete for a basketball championship?

• Plus1 5
24 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Could you clarify if this means you are fine with the school being banned from competing in all sports because of forfeiting one game.  

I’ll look for the rule the next time I poop.  But if you really cared, you’d look for yourself…

But according to one article I saw the team was “kicked out” because they didn’t live up to the non-discriminatory laws defined by the state of Vermont.  An agreement that all private schools competing in state competitions signs and agrees to.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

If Vermont is like every other state, coaches can take concerns to the governing body, and propose possible changes.  

So that’s how you do it?  Pretend that everything is apples to rockets? And no consistency is required to be taken seriously?

I know how you didn’t sympathize with protestors as they were gassed by the National Gaurd.  Why are you upset that some protestors couldn’t compete for a basketball championship?

And that’s as far as the coach can go.  Quite different than the steps a US Senator can take.  Geesh.  

Oh, your first comparison didn’t work out so now your going with the BLM DC riot is the same as girls HS team WILLINGLY forfeiting (is that even protesting?) and then being penalized by not being able to compete IN ANYTHING going forward??
Those 2 things are equatable :blink:

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

And that’s as far as the coach can go.  Quite different than the steps a US Senator can take.  Geesh.  

Oh, your first comparison didn’t work out so now your going with the BLM DC riot is the same as girls HS team WILLINGLY forfeiting (is that even protesting?) and then being penalized by not being able to compete IN ANYTHING going forward??
Those 2 things are equatable :blink:

If Warren draws up legislation, does it become law?

Questioning if a HS team forfeiting instead of playing a trans student is protesting?

My goodness,  there’s like 3 people here that don’t have you on “ignore”.

Is your goal to get all of us on that list?

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
39 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I’ll look for the rule the next time I poop.  But if you really cared, you’d look for yourself…

I don’t really care because I’m not the one making the incorrect comparison between the two scenarios. 

40 minutes ago, funhusker said:

But according to one article I saw the team was “kicked out” because they didn’t live up to the non-discriminatory laws defined by the state of Vermont.  An agreement that all private schools competing in state competitions signs and agrees to.

Who knew safety issues were now discriminatory issues:dunno.   Well done Democrats in Vermont….I guess 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

My truck got broken into in my suburban driveway.

Not just a city experience.  Someone went through my brothers house and he lives at the edge of a small town in NE.

It sucks, but I’ve learned to live with the trauma it caused me.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The summer before I moved to San Francisco I had my bike stolen and my car broken into in Lincoln, Nebraska, and my buddy threatened with a gun in a small town Nebraska bar. 15 years of living in San Francisco never replicated that experience. 

I had my car broken into living in Lincoln, broken into with a window smashed in living in Chicago, and broken into in Atlanta. I suppose we can argue the semantics on what does and doesn't qualify as a "basic city life experience" until we're blue in the face and use our interpretations to dunk on those we perceive as opposition but, idk seems pretty boring and pointless to me.

• TBH 1
21 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Questioning if a HS team forfeiting instead of playing a trans student is protesting?

Forfeiting based on player safety may technically be a sorta form of protest, quite different than the DC riot protest that injured cops wouldn’t ya say.  

it’s just kinda weird how much you are wanting to conflate this issue into something it’s not.  

25 minutes ago, funhusker said:

My goodness,  there’s like 3 people here that don’t have you on “ignore”.

My give a crap meter for this  is quite close to zero.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I'm just saying they should have played the game and then made their case why they thought it was unfair or not after the outcome. Seems like common sense to me.

• TBH 1