The Democrat Utopia

9 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Fair, but Democrats are pushing policies that seemingly blur the boundary.

Pushing to allow trans-women to play in women's sports is an example. While it's perfectly acceptable to understand that gender is merely  social-construct, Democrats take a policy position that ignores the biological reality sex plays in Athletics. It's pretty stupid to say that gender is a social phenomenon while simultaneously pushing policies that seem to conflate gender and biological sex. 

I don't think it's as much that they're blurring the boundary with their policies as it is that they're just doing a tremendously awful job of speaking to the crux of the issue, instead opting for sound bytes that invigorate the base.

The protocols and metrics used by the Olympics, NCAA, etc. regarding trans athletes are complex and stringent and comprehensive enough that "lebron james wears a dress and dominates the WNBA" is *only* a silly hypothetical and nowhere near a possibility. But nobody really wants to dive into the complicated grey areas.

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I don't think it's as much that they're blurring the boundary with their policies as it is that they're just doing a tremendously awful job of speaking to the crux of the issue, instead opting for sound bytes that invigorate the base.

The protocols and metrics used by the Olympics, NCAA, etc. regarding trans athletes are complex and stringent and comprehensive enough that "lebron james wears a dress and dominates the WNBA" is *only* a silly hypothetical and nowhere near a possibility. But nobody really wants to dive into the complicated grey areas.

I completely agree.

I do think Democrats have pushed for weird policies, like trans-women playing in Women's Sports. Athletics are separated by sex, not gender, so it's strange. 

However, Republicans seems to think pushing bans on drag shows - in clear violation of free speech and our constitution is the correct course of action, which is a far worse choice.

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Not LeBron level, but: https://www.foxsports.com.au/more-sports/bearded-man-smashes-womens-weightlighting-record-held-by-trans-lifter/news-story/92986fdec0b7e855b8b6f6271d938e8d

• TBH 2