The Democrat Utopia

30 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Red cities, agnostic of governorship, are not littering the list.  It's leftist cities.  I'd contend there's a bigger issue than Governor vs Mayor.  

But, if we want to stay there.  Same linked site on page 294.  We can't blame Indiana's governor for this list.  And I have my musings on why Colorado Springs is here...

5 Worst Cities for Mass Shootings in the US

1. Boulder, Colorado
  2. San Jose, California
  3. Indianapolis, Indiana
  4. Atlanta, Georgia
  5. Colorado Springs, Colorado

kk...that site has an interesting measure on these things.  they assign $ costs to crimes.   not sure how that applies to mass shootings and murder but it's the system they used.    but did you see that New York City  was listed in their top 15 large cities?

and this list is rather interesting.  look all all those california cities

15 Safest Cities in the US (with a population over 100,000)

1. Naperville, Illinois
  2. Sunnyvale, California
  3. West Covina, California
  4. Carmel, Indiana
  5. Glendale, Arizona
  6. Meridian, Idaho
  7. Provo, Utah
  8. Joliet, Illinois
  9. Jurupa Valley, California
  10. Sugar Land, Texas
  11. McAllen, Texas
  12. El Monte, California
  13. Rancho Cucamonga, California
  14. Glendale, California
  15. Pearland, Texas
  • Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

3 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

At the state and city level, I'd contend it's not actually the office of either that is the predominant issue.  

if that is true...why did you say that it's democratic policies causing the crime?

• Plus1 2

also from that link

The Safest Cities in the US

In its report, MoneyGeek also ranked the safest large cities in America with populations over 300,000. This year, Honolulu was named the safest large city, with the lowest per-capita crime cost in the country—$528.

“Hawaii in general is extremely safe relative to other states with major metro areas,” says Milnes. “A number of factors can lead to any city being safe or dangerous, and while we didn’t look into the exact hows or whys of each city’s situation, Honolulu may be uniquely positioned due to its isolation from other major cities, and is among states with the strictest gun laws in the nation.”

• Plus1 3

3 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

America's violent cultural issue is much more relevant to the discussion that blaming a governor.   So the mayors are the ones to clean ups the "red" mess at the state policy level, yet red districts around it to not have the same levels of crime?  

It's a conservative issue, not cultural, no culpability for the mayors, no corollary to big city at all?  Just conservatism?  SMH.

What was Lori Lighfoot's excuse?

LOL. Another post proving you've got no idea what you're talking about. I didn't say a word about the "Governor." I said "State Government." You do realize there is a huge difference right? 

• Plus1 3

19 hours ago, commando said:

kk...that site has an interesting measure on these things.  they assign $ costs to crimes.   not sure how that applies to mass shootings and murder but it's the system they used.    but did you see that New York City  was listed in their top 15 large cities?

and this list is rather interesting.  look all all those california cities

15 Safest Cities in the US (with a population over 100,000)

1. Naperville, Illinois
  2. Sunnyvale, California
  3. West Covina, California
  4. Carmel, Indiana
  5. Glendale, Arizona
  6. Meridian, Idaho
  7. Provo, Utah
  8. Joliet, Illinois
  9. Jurupa Valley, California
  10. Sugar Land, Texas
  11. McAllen, Texas
  12. El Monte, California
  13. Rancho Cucamonga, California
  14. Glendale, California
  15. Pearland, Texas

You seem to be missing my bigger point, consistently, because it may not fit your paradigm.  I actually believe the larger issue is a cultural one.  Violent, American culture.  I do find it interesting where studies state places are safe and not safe.  But, at the core, the correlation between Red and Blue is a bit lazy on both sides.  

I do think there is a mental health crisis in America.  Both sides would agree but diverge on the what (defining mental health issues) and how to resolve.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, commando said:

if that is true...why did you say that it's democratic policies causing the crime?

People have an over dependence on government at this point.  Knowing they'll get free fish, why learn how to cast?  You compound that with cultural violence issues in America, a propagation of non African black people being owed "reparations" etc, and it continues, not stifles, the issues.  

The above is overly simplified and not holistic but does represent the issue at hand.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
16 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

LOL. Another post proving you've got no idea what you're talking about. I didn't say a word about the "Governor." I said "State Government." You do realize there is a huge difference right? 

You can spin it which ever way you'd like.  The data says what cities are unsafe, they happen to be VASTLY blue, some in red states...and you'll focus on the latter as a hardcore leftist.   Interesting, too, how areas surrounding these blue cities, in red states, seem much more well off.   There are areas surrounding tragic blue cities, in blue states, that are much more well off.  And you might continue to focus on conservatism is the issue because that's your soothing narrative.

We can then look in the Education thread and the things you specifically promote; not hard to see the decay as being less about what cities turn blue or states turn red but cultural and and moral divergences of the country. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2