The Democrat Utopia

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

If by ghosts, you mean posters on this board, then, well, yes I would agree. 

The ADL isn't posting on Huskerboard my friend.

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s actually “not it”.  Because you know what happens next.  Next time someone the everything is racist bros don’t like uses 100% for something, that crowd then states it a dog whistle.  Next thing ya know people need to not use 100% out of respect for the marginalized community.  Same s#!t happened with the okay hand symbol. 

Keep track of your own arguments. I thought we were talking about ADL calling things racist and acting like we shouldn’t use 100% because racists are using it, and now we're talking about some vague hypothetical slippery slope unrelated to ADL. Not sure if you don't get out much or what, but people still use the okay hand symbol all the time and it is just fine and without a second thought (for the record, I absolutely agree that the controversy over the ok sign is ludicrous, but that's a different conversation).

So to recap:

• You claimed that, "the Looney Left thinks just about everything is racist" with your supporting 'evidence' that doesn't actually show anyone calling anything racist, but rather only documents racist people doing something.

• You claimed that, "the ADL is way out on its skis with this one", even though all the ADL has done is document something that exists in the world (with visual aid photos even). 

• You claimed that, "50 plus 50 is 100 and that’s not racist.  Using, I’m committed 100% is not racist.  Answering a question about liking something with 100% is not racist." which...okay, you are right about that, but sir this is a Wendy's and nobody made any claims otherwise.

• You claimed that, "The ADL is acting like we shouldn’t use 100% because racists are using it now" even though they aren't acting like that and haven't.

• You claimed that, "People claim every white person who does the okay symbol is flashing a racist sign.", which.....lol. Show me one single person making this specific claim that every white person doing the ok sign is flashing a racist sign and I will immediately concede the point and agree that this is a notable subset of the population who think this way. 

and on and on and on. Actually an impressive total accumulation of absolute fantasy.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

Just for fun, I'm gonna LARP as a poster sharing content from a right wing Christian commentator for a second.

Once again, the Looney Left thinks just about everything is racist.   :facepalm:

image.jpeg.609af39a7318ab7d345963c5c399ee84.jpeg

From the article:

You guys, I got a brand new white supremacist term for you: OK!

Seriously, according to the Anti-Defamation League — which is not okay as an organization according to many [made up, non-linked] sources — "OK is shorthand among white supremacists for 'white power'"

Here's how the ADL describes OK on their website. Yes, this is REALLY WHAT THEY SAID I'M 100% NOT JOKING ONLY QUOTING:

"The “okay” hand gesture—in which the thumb and index finger touch while the other fingers of the hand are held outstretched—is an obvious and ancient gesture that has arisen in many cultures over the years with different meanings.

Today, in a usage that dates to at least as early as 17th century Great Britain, it most commonly signals understanding, consent, approval or well-being. Since the early 1800s, the gesture increasingly became associated with the word “okay” and its abbreviation “ok.”  The gesture is also important in the Hindu and Buddhist worlds, as well as in yoga, where it is known as mudra or vitarka mudra, a symbol of inner perfection.  The "okay" hand gesture also forms part of the basis for a number of words or concepts in American Sign Language. It appears in many other contexts as well.

Use of the okay symbol in most contexts is entirely innocuous and harmless.

In 2017, the “okay” hand gesture acquired a new and different significance thanks to a hoax by members of the website 4chan to falsely promote the gesture as a hate symbol, claiming that the gesture represented the letters “wp,” for “white power.”

In the case of the “okay” gesture, the hoax was so successful the symbol became a popular trolling tactic on the part of right-leaning individuals, who would often post photos to social media of themselves posing while making the “okay” gesture.

Ironically, some white supremacists themselves soon also participated in such trolling tactics, lending an actual credence to those who labeled the trolling gesture as racist in nature. By 2019, at least some white supremacists seem to have abandoned the ironic or satiric intent behind the original trolling campaign and used the symbol as a sincere expression of white supremacy, such as when Australian white supremacist Brenton Tarrant flashed the symbol during a March 2019 courtroom appearance soon after his arrest for allegedly murdering 50 people in a shooting spree at mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.

The overwhelming usage of the “okay” hand gesture today is still its traditional purpose as a gesture signifying assent or approval. As a result, someone who uses the symbol cannot be assumed to be using the symbol in either a trolling or, especially, white supremacist context unless other contextual evidence exists to support the contention. Since 2017, many people have been falsely accused of being racist or white supremacist for using the “okay” gesture in its traditional and innocuous sense.

Okay, so basically some weirdos use an ancient hand gesture in a racist way so now the ADL is very clearly claiming that it's racist for all of us?

Bro, I use that hand gesture multiple times a week. I guess I've solidified my position as a white supremacist in the eyes of the ADL (we're all white supremacists in the eyes of the ADL). Can't believe I am seriously saying that they are seriously saying that OK = racist.

OK isn't racist. Saying okay with your mouth or your hands isn't racist. Thumbs up isn't racist either. The ADL is clearly acting like we shouldn't use the ok hand symbol because racists are using it now and it gives them credence.   You know what happens next!

• Haha 1