The Democrat Utopia

18 hours ago, commando said:

what claim did i make?  i asked you to not ask me to try and support whatever the heck you were attacking someone else for.   is that too much to ask?   or did i ask too many questions this time?

You smoking again because you replied to me on a post sent to Guy.  Is it to much to ask to pay attention some? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/1/2021 at 11:11 PM, Lorewarn said:

That's not moving goalposts. 

The language of surveys is specific. What questions they ask, how those questions are worded, and what the options for responses are should not be re-interpreted. Pew's survey didn't ask specific questions about trimesters or length of the pregnancy, thus I didn't say anything about it, thus, I "never made an argument that most support abortion for most of the pregnancy".

Another poll, that belies the numbers from the first one. This one is more specific.

• Thanks 2
48 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Another poll, that belies the numbers from the first one. This one is more specific.

It doesn't belie the numbers, it just offers more specificity. The same people who responded to the poll saying they don't support abortions in later trimesters are the same people who responded that they think abortion should be legal in all or most cases. 

chart1-2-1024x804.jpg

Same poll, same respondents. 

16 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

It doesn't belie the numbers, it just offers more specificity. The same people who responded to the poll saying they don't support abortions in later trimesters are the same people who responded that they think abortion should be legal in all or most cases. 

chart1-2-1024x804.jpg

Same poll, same respondents. 

Your reply even contradicts itself

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

If anything contradicts itself, its the answers from the survey takers. I'm not saying anything other than the numbers of what the survey says.

You might look again, and rethink your opinion of "what the survey says".

Perhaps you are looking only at D responses.

I struggle with this conversation.  I'm anti abortion in that I hate that it's a thing.  I can't imagine how horrible I would feel if a woman I was involved with went out and got an abortion.  I don't ever want my daughters in a situation where they are considering it.

However, last might my wife said something about the Texas issue and how she's so against abortion.  It got me really thinking about it and it reinforced the direction my thoughts have been going for a while now.  

I'm anti abortion.  This is partly due to my religious back ground.  But, even more based on my beliefs on life in general.  But....what the government and the SCOTUS need to consider is legally how the government should be involved.  And, I really can't say that the constitution gives the government the right to say they can't be done.  Where it gets dicey in my head is with things like late term abortions..etc.  I can't fathom supporting that.  

What I have come to believe is that if all of these anti abortion groups and politicians would put this much effort into doing what's needed to prevent the NEED for abortions, they would continue to become less and less of a used medical procedure.  The number of abortions in the US has steadily declined since the 70s.  And, that's all while Roe vs. Wade was in full force.  So, why not put that much effort into continuing that?

And, it's why I absolutely hate this debate.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I struggle with this conversation.  I'm anti abortion in that I hate that it's a thing.  I can't imagine how horrible I would feel if a woman I was involved with went out and got an abortion.  I don't ever want my daughters in a situation where they are considering it.

However, last might my wife said something about the Texas issue and how she's so against abortion.  It got me really thinking about it and it reinforced the direction my thoughts have been going for a while now.  

I'm anti abortion.  This is partly due to my religious back ground.  But, even more based on my beliefs on life in general.  But....what the government and the SCOTUS need to consider is legally how the government should be involved.  And, I really can't say that the constitution gives the government the right to say they can't be done.  Where it gets dicey in my head is with things like late term abortions..etc.  I can't fathom supporting that.  

What I have come to believe is that if all of these anti abortion groups and politicians would put this much effort into doing what's needed to prevent the NEED for abortions, they would continue to become less and less of a used medical procedure.  The number of abortions in the US has steadily declined since the 70s.  And, that's all while Roe vs. Wade was in full force.  So, why not put that much effort into continuing that?

And, it's why I absolutely hate this debate.

x1000

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

I have no clue why you keep posting this. It doesn't convey what you think it does. It is a generic/basic graph without context. I provided you more specific data. You choose to ignore it. But keep regurgitating...you do you.

You said I might need to rethink what the survey says after I said the survey says 56% of people think abortion should be legal in all/most cases. It clearly says that, and you keep trying to act like it doesn't say that. 

It also shows more specifics on opinions about abortions in later trimesters, with less support. I acknowledge and see and understand there are more questions with more specific answers regarding trimesters and lessening support/approval, I've never ignored it. 

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

You said I might need to rethink what the survey says after I said the survey says 56% of people think abortion should be legal in all/most cases. It clearly says that, and you keep trying to act like it doesn't say that. 

It also shows more specifics on opinions about abortions in later trimesters, with less support. I acknowledge and see and understand there are more questions with more specific answers regarding trimesters and lessening support/approval, I've never ignored it. 

Except that only the MINORITY opinion thinks abortion should be legal in most cases after the 1st trimester. 

• Plus1 1