The Democrat Utopia

8 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Yup. Ive already stated how I feel about the unvaccinated and how they are 100% the reason we are in the mess we are now. Whatever happens to them if they get covid, its a choice they made and they will have to live…or die with. Oh well…

1 minute ago, Frott Scost said:

You can try and make me feel bad all

you want, thats fine. Ive lost my patience for these people months ago and anyone who looks at the data and doesnt think gee maybe I should get vaccinated needs a brain scan to see if its even functioning properly. 

You're describing Darwinism. It's hard to feel sympathetic for people who get injured or die doing stupid stunts. These people fall in the same category - it's just a different kind of stupid.

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Its pretty sad that people are unvaccinated in general. I feel bad for anyone who is that stupid. 

I think at one point you mentioned you work in healthcare. If so, you would understand the science behind people with previous Covid infection not being stupid for not getting vaccinated.   I would if I were them, but they have just about as much protection if not the same as a vaccinated person.  

It would be ignorant to call that particular set of people stupid 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I think at one point you mentioned you work in healthcare. If so, you would understand the science behind people with previous Covid infection not being stupid for not getting vaccinated.   I would if I were them, but they have just about as much protection if not the same as a vaccinated person.  

It would be ignorant to call that particular set of people stupid 

People who have had covid are part of the group that would move us closer to herd immunity. Which is the end goal to end this thing. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Redux said:

Who said I wasn't vaccinated?  You're the one crying and wishing death upon people because of your beliefs.  Kinda terroristic.

When did I say I wish death? Never. I said its a choice they make and it they happen to die Im not going to care. Thats not the same thing as wishing death. 

1 hour ago, Redux said:

They are choosing not to and being forced to quit/be fired.  Not a choice.  How is it putting others at risk exactly?  It's putting themselves at risk, sure.  Not others, that's a fallacy.  The fully vaccinated and unvaccinated both spread the virus, so no it's not putting others at risk.

No employers should be put in that position or be at risk of being fined.  It's a complete infringement on freedom.

And that should be your choice free of pressure from the government.  If it's hurting the economy, so is forcing people out of jobs that refuse the vax.

The fully vaccinated will carry viral loads roughly equal to the unvaccinated only in breakthrough cases.  So that percentage would spread the virus but it is only a small percentage of the fully vaccinated.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

The fully vaccinated will carry viral loads roughly equal to the unvaccinated only in breakthrough cases.  So that percentage would spread the virus but it is only a small percentage of the fully vaccinated.  

And only a small percentage of people would have adverse side effects from taking said vaccine to begin with, but screw them right!  Mandate for all!

(Except White House staff, Congress, Judges, Phizer employees, Moderna employees, J&J employees, migrant immigrants and illegal aliens)

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

People who have had covid are part of the group that would move us closer to herd immunity. Which is the end goal to end this thing. 

You called all unvaccinated people stupid.  You should qualify that statement to not include that group of people.  If you actually follow the science of this pandemic.  

It most most likely wouldn’t hurt them to get vaccinated and it’s possible they get a little more extra protection, but it doesn’t make them stupid for not doing so.   

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Redux said:

How is it putting others at risk exactly?  It's putting themselves at risk, sure.  Not others, that's a fallacy.  The fully vaccinated and unvaccinated both spread the virus, so no it's not putting others at risk.

CDC LINK

COVID-19 vaccines are effective

COVID-19 transmission among the fully vaccinated is rare, but possible, experts say. Here's why.

Cases of breakthrough infections among the vaccinated remain rare. In that event, health experts said, a fully vaccinated person who gets COVID-19 won’t be contagious for very long and may not have the chance to transmit the virus to another person.

A vaccinated person may have the same viral loads as an unvaccinated person, but that high level of virus lasts only three to four days compared with an unvaccinated person who could be contagious for up to 10 days, said Suresh Mittal, professor of virology at Purdue University’s College of Veterinary Medicine.

“Individuals who are vaccinated have a good immune response. If they get in contact with people who are infected, they might get infected, but the majority may not transmit,” he said.

It's even more uncommon for a vaccinated person to transmit the virus to another vaccinated person, though "not impossible," said Dr. Shaun Truelove, assistant scientist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

Study ties COVID vaccines to lower transmission rates

Vaccines have 71% effectiveness against transmission

The researchers looked at 113,582 adult index cases and 253,168 close contacts of all ages; 5,394 fell under both categories. (A close contact was also classified as an index case when they tested positive.) Less than 1% (0.5%) of index cases were fully vaccinated, while 1.8% were partially vaccinated. For close contacts, 2.1% of were fully vaccinated and 1.7% were partially vaccinated.

The secondary attack rate was 31% for household members exposed to unvaccinated index patients but 11% if the index patient was fully vaccinated, making the adjusted vaccine effectiveness against transmission (aVET) 71% (95% confidence interval [CI], 63% to 77%). By vaccine type, VET was estimated to be 58% for the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine, 70% for Pfizer/BioNTech, 88% for Moderna, and 77% for Johnson & Johnson. Partial vaccination only resulted in an aVET between 15% and 51%.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1