The Democrat Utopia

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I b!^@h about something at my job almost daily.  We all do.

But most Of us would be pretty upset if we were fired.

Just because my job could be better doesn’t mean I want to work a McDonalds!…not that there’s anything wrong with that…

But getting fired is a choice!

:sarcasm

7 hours ago, Redux said:

I quit contributing to this conversation when you brought anger and name calling into the fold.  Good day 

You never actually started contributing to the conversation.  Just spewed a few accusations, and when I called you out on providing your sourcing you decided to  not back up your claim and now you just want things to go away since you STILL won’t provide the answer to which government officials and their spouses make a lot of money from “big Pharma”

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You never actually started contributing to the conversation.  Just spewed a few accusations, and when I called you out on providing your sourcing you decided to  not back up your claim and now you just want things to go away since you STILL won’t provide the answer to which government officials and their spouses make a lot of money from “big Pharma”

Take it to another thread dude.  I'm sorry you're a simp for Big Pharma.  I'll come with more links next time, I'm not one of these nerds that keeps 900 bookmarks for these impromptu arguments.  And you've already shown your hand, instead of conversation you immediately called everything I said horses#!t called me stupid and ignorant and ignored everything else.  Why would I want to continue this conversation?  There's no benefit to me to do so, you'll anger simp and I'll roll my eyes.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Redux said:

Take it to another thread dude.  I'm sorry you're a simp for Big Pharma.  I'll come with more links next time, I'm not one of these nerds that keeps 900 bookmarks for these impromptu arguments.  And you've already shown your hand, instead of conversation you immediately called everything I said horses#!t called me stupid and ignorant and ignored everything else.  Why would I want to continue this conversation?  There's no benefit to me to do so, you'll anger simp and I'll roll my eyes.

So that means you won’t be backing up your assertions?  I’m just this thread or any?  Asking not just for a friend, but for the rest of the board too.  

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Maybe also give me some examples of the FDA being in the tank for  “Big Pharma”

I’ve got an example of how the FDA protects the profits of big pharma.

Why do they prevent access to so many generics in the US that are available much cheaper in other countries? I have drugs that I order from a Canadian pharmacy. They are made in India and shipped through all sorts of countries (Singapore, Germany, etc.) on their way to my mailbox. Cost for the name brand in the US for this particular Rx is about $850 for a 30 day supply. The FDA won’t allow the (any) generic to be sold here. I get a 90 day supply for about $275 from Canada. This is only one example of one drug. There are hundreds of these situations. That is a $9100 cost difference, per year, for one prescription, for just little ol’ me.

So what is the rationale and purpose of the FDA to make it impossible to get these cheaper generic drugs from US pharmacies?

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, funhusker said:

I b!^@h about something at my job almost daily.  We all do.

But most Of us would be pretty upset if we were fired.

Just because my job could be better doesn’t mean I want to work a McDonalds!…not that there’s anything wrong with that…

That's a weird analogy....

Women in U.S. have ALL the rights (shout out to Schick/Nick). 

Afghan women have almost none of them.

A better analogy would be you only getting a 4% raise instead of a 5% raise at your job, and b!^@hing about it to a group of slaves.

5 minutes ago, Redux said:

Infer it how you like

No need to infer.  Your non actions give us all the answer.  It’s a shame too.  I was looking forward to hearing all about those nasty government officials and the spouses and how they have prospered so well from “Big Pharma”.   Guess I will have to wait awhile.  Most likely a long while. 

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’ve got an example of how the FDA protects the profits of big pharma.

Why do they prevent access to so many generics in the US that are available much cheaper in other countries? I have drugs that I order from a Canadian pharmacy. They are made in India and shipped through all sorts of countries (Singapore, Germany, etc.) on their way to my mailbox. Cost for the name brand in the US for this particular Rx is about $850 for a 30 day supply. The FDA won’t allow the (any) generic to be sold here. I get a 90 day supply for about $275 from Canada. This is only one example of one drug. There are hundreds of these situations. That is a $9100 cost difference, per year, for one prescription, for just little ol’ me.

So what is the rationale and purpose of the FDA to make it impossible to get these cheaper generic drugs from US pharmacies?

90% of all Rx’s are filled generic.  One would think that if the FDA protects Pharmaceutical company profits, this number would be much much much much lower 

without knowing your specific drug it’s hard to say.  My guess is that the Brand name drug is either still under patent protection, or the generic company hasn’t submitted an ANDA yet?

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

90% of all Rx’s are filled generic.  One would think that if the FDA protects Pharmaceutical company profits, this number would be much much much much lower 

without knowing your specific drug it’s hard to say.  My guess is that the Brand name drug is either still under patent protection, or the generic company hasn’t submitted an ANDA yet?

It is under patent protection……in the US. There are multiple versions available everywhere except here. The manufacturer sells it under a couple different names, much cheaper, in other countries.

So my next question is, why does the FDA allow them to be patent protected for such a long time? If you tell me so that the mfg can recoup their R&D costs, I’m going to call BS and we’ll be done.

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

That's a weird analogy....

Women in U.S. have ALL the rights (shout out to Schick/Nick). 

Afghan women have almost none of them.

A better analogy would be you only getting a 4% raise instead of a 5% raise at your job, and b!^@hing about it to a group of slaves.

Okay? Then use that one.

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Well, that's progress.

I led with the “it’s a setup” in the original post. And followed it up with the kids are answering honestly. It’s the answers the bug me.

This quote from Bill Maher seems somewhat applicable to the Politics and religion forum and your comment about making progress. He and Kimmel were talking about the media fear-mongering on COVID and Kimmel then asked the question below. I am starting to worry that l am agreeing with this dude too much.  I lost respect for a lot of people I knew when reading my wife’s Facebook  feed in 2020. I guess I should take his advice.

....Kimmel admitted there is a lot of fear right now and asked Maher if it’s possible for people on different sides of the political spectrum to come together. 

"That's a great question. And to me, one of the keys to that is to stop talking about it. Stop talking politics. When I was a kid, you may remember the same thing, people didn't talk politics all the time. There was no Facebook. You know? Facebook should go back to being what it should be, humble brags, cat videos, finding out who from high school is gay, fat, or dead," Maher said. "But instead it's people arguing with some kid you went to third grade with about Brett Kavanaugh."

"It’s a big country with people who don’t think like you no matter what side you’re on and you’re not going to convince them," he said. "Just accept it." 

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, nic said:

I led with the “it’s a setup” in the original post. And followed it up with the kids are answering honestly. It’s the answers the bug me.

This quote from Bill Maher seems somewhat applicable to the Politics and religion forum and your comment about making progress. He and Kimmel were talking about the media fear-mongering on COVID and Kimmel then asked the question below. I am starting to worry that l am agreeing with this dude too much.  I lost respect for a lot of people I knew when reading my wife’s Facebook  feed in 2020. I guess I should take his advice.

....Kimmel admitted there is a lot of fear right now and asked Maher if it’s possible for people on different sides of the political spectrum to come together. 

"That's a great question. And to me, one of the keys to that is to stop talking about it. Stop talking politics. When I was a kid, you may remember the same thing, people didn't talk politics all the time. There was no Facebook. You know? Facebook should go back to being what it should be, humble brags, cat videos, finding out who from high school is gay, fat, or dead," Maher said. "But instead it's people arguing with some kid you went to third grade with about Brett Kavanaugh."

"It’s a big country with people who don’t think like you no matter what side you’re on and you’re not going to convince them," he said. "Just accept it." 

Best way to cripple the system is to stop participating in it and living by its spectrum and division.

• Plus1 1