The Democrat Utopia

18 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Oh hey perfect example of one of my points.  Guess who would have been the group to lead the enforcement action against Pfizer?  Yep you got it, it’s the FDA!!!!!!  You know the government agency you all say is in the bag for “Big Pharma”. 

So an example of corruption is your proof that the self regulation of the entire industry works?  That's an interesting perspective.

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, deedsker said:

Why the ever living f*** do we have drug ads? My doctor should be more than knowledgeable enough to tell me what I need. Consumer ads should be eliminated.

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/prescription-drug-advertising-regulation-united-states/

Agree here...they should go the way of cigarette ads on TV. The last one was 50 years ago!

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

My point was; The people of this country have it pretty damn good. Yet, they still complain incessantly, with no apparent comprehension of what actual oppression looks like. There's a reason people from all around the world are kicking the door down to get in this country. Does that mean everything is perfect? No, and the Right could probably admit that a little more often. But, it would it also be nice to see the Left admit how beneficial this country is to her citizens from time to time.

Wasn't it just the other day that you were posting about trans women unfairly competing in UFC matches?  Seems like a silly problem in such wonderful country...

We will b!^@h about things we don't like.  It's human nature.  Even if we have it better than most.

I do agree.  A lot of the b!^@hing we put up with is annoying.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Redux said:

So an example of corruption is your proof that the self regulation of the entire industry works?  That's an interesting perspective.

The industry doesn’t self regulate, which you know so not sure why say otherwise:dunno  NVMD your narrative doesn’t fit the facts so I do know why 

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Wasn't it just the other day that you were posting about trans women unfairly competing in UFC matches?  Seems like a silly problem in such wonderful country...

We will b!^@h about things we don't like.  It's human nature.  Even if we have it better than most.

I do agree.  A lot of the b!^@hing we put up with is annoying.

Like I said, it isn't perfect, but it's pretty good. I try to acknowledge both of those things. I probably don't do the best job of that either.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

Well that's for sure :lol:

The FDA is the regulating body for a Pharma company, along with the SEC if they are publicly traded. Good effort on the funny though.

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Continue to save lives :lol: Give me a f#&%ing break.

Self important much?

No, not really. Proud of what I do.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

The FDA is the regulating body for a Pharma company, along with the SEC if they are publicly traded. Good effort on the funny though.

I laughed

The FDA approves and regulates what fits their best interests.  They are the NCAA of Big Pharma.

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I’ve got an example of how the FDA protects the profits of big pharma.

Why do they prevent access to so many generics in the US that are available much cheaper in other countries? I have drugs that I order from a Canadian pharmacy. They are made in India and shipped through all sorts of countries (Singapore, Germany, etc.) on their way to my mailbox. Cost for the name brand in the US for this particular Rx is about $850 for a 30 day supply. The FDA won’t allow the (any) generic to be sold here. I get a 90 day supply for about $275 from Canada. This is only one example of one drug. There are hundreds of these situations. That is a $9100 cost difference, per year, for one prescription, for just little ol’ me.

So what is the rationale and purpose of the FDA to make it impossible to get these cheaper generic drugs from US pharmacies?

One other point to make, it’s good to understand the price the manufacturer is selling a prescription product for, and the price an end user pays for that product. Shop around pharmacies.  You will find quite the disparity in prices amongst pharmacies for certain drugs.  Especially generics. 

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Best way to cripple the system is to stop participating in it and living by its spectrum and division.

I read this twice. Where is the over my head emoji? :zoommaybe this one. How about I only participate when asked for my opinion. I can always vote too.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, nic said:

I read this twice. Where is the over my head emoji? :zoommaybe this one. How about I only participate when asked for my opinion. I can always vote too.

Voting is a form of participation.

I never voted until the 2018 midterms, after being convinced of a good argument in regards to voting for harm reduction. Still, though, I desperately want to abstain, and might jump back into doing so especially the more that each major political party does not represent the will of the people but rather corporate/powerful interests. 

Basically all I'm saying is there is a third way, accessible to anyone regardless of their standing, that doesn't enable, validate, or honor the garbage bulls#!t facade of choice and freedom that the powerful of the world feed to us to keep us in line.