The Democrat Utopia

18 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

I 100% agree. it was absolutely stupid.. no ignorant for him to use that term, especially in the company he was in.

My point was, democrats/liberals, especially democratic/liberal media, are all about controversy

Yes, it's most definitely a liberal problem.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Bornhusker said:

they would add nothing? Can you show me in the rules that say if you don't add "something" of value then you must go? Who decides what post has value, you?

That's just the Huskerboard Free Market™ deciding what's quality & what isn't. The invisible hand tends to pluck out what there isn't much demand for eventually. 

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

That's just the Huskerboard Free Market™ deciding what's quality & what isn't. The invisible hand tends to pluck out what there isn't much demand for eventually. 

lol, nice.. although huskerboard isn't a free market, it is well regulated, or is supposed to be. The citizens do not get to dictate what is or isn't ok to post.

11 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Yes, it's most definitely a liberal problem.

When you set aside the snark :lol:, this is actually a good problem worthy of discussion.

The American media on a whole has several tendencies that I think lend themselves to some less than healthy outcomes.

1. Bias towards sensationalism (e.g., covering stuff that really isn't that important if you can bank on drama/catchy headlines to drive clicks/likes/views).

2. Bias towards balance (e.g., ALWAYS having a panel of pro/anti-Trump voices, or just pro/con voices & presenting both sides as equally valid).

I'm sure there's more, these just come off the top of my head. I think we'd have a somewhat less exciting but more educational, healthy media if these things went away.

7 hours ago, Bornhusker said:

My point was, democrats/liberals, especially democratic/liberal media, are all about controversy

Hey, you said something truthful! Problem is, you only got half the story. Democratic/liberal media are all about controversy because all American media regardless of slant or bias is all about controversy.

Unless you want to try and tell me that the 'President Poupon' criticism of Obama usind dijon mustard, or the 'Latte Salute', or the 'Terrorist Fist Jab' controversies were actual legitimate news stories?

• Plus1 3
9 hours ago, Bornhusker said:

I 100% agree. it was absolutely stupid.. no ignorant for him to use that term, especially in the company he was in.

No, they appropriately are reporting what our President is doing and the type of person he is. 

Unless, you are talking about Fox acting like everyone is rediculous for reporting on it. 

• Plus1 4
  • 2 weeks later...

22 minutes ago, knapplc said:

2006 was 12 years and three administrations ago.  Are any of the 2018 midterm candidates cozying up to Louis Farrakhan?  Or David Duke?  That seems like a weird subject for an op-ed today.

well...white supremacists are off the terrorist list as of this administration...so meeting with david duke is cool now

• Plus1 1

I don't see a difference between David Duke and Louis Farrakhan and both Nation of Islam and the KKK should be on the hate group watch list.

I also think it's good to look back at history and learn from it.  I believe this explains a lot of the narratives that came out after Katrina.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 1