The Democrat Utopia

There's a popular sociological experiment making the rounds.

People are invited to enjoy some pizza, but are told there is only enough for each person to have two pieces.

Aware of the same limited resources, some people take three slices and some people take one. 

It's no surprise we're ruled by the Three Slicers.

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

When do we get the articles talking about what you initially stated? That R’s sabatoged the Stimulus spending in order to win seats?  

2020—if the country was forced into lockdown, wouldn’t you expect the government to provide the needed funding.  That is different than not allowing companies that are run terribly to fail by bailing them out without much consequence to curbing that same behavior in the future  

I linked an article that discussed it. Read Nobel prize winning Economist Paul Krugmans many articles about it. Here are others that aren't paywalled:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2018/02/obamas-gone-so-republicans-stopped-sabotaging-the-economy.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019/08/gop-suspects-economic-sabotage-because-they-did-it-to-obama.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/jun/09/did-republicans-deliberately-crash-us-economy

In times of recession, governments are better off spending money.  In response to the 2008 recession Republicans in congress advocated for spending cuts, which they got. They then campaigned on "the slowest recovery in history".

The nature of the 2008 and 2020 recessions (or any recession) are different, but when it comes to monetary or fiscal policy the responses are pretty much the same. The Federal Reserve sets interest rates to 0% and Governments try to send money to its citizens (see the concept of helecoptering money that I linked earlier). It's why the second Republicans are elected attempts to "balance the budget" suddenly stop, because they know that deficit spending = growth which = win elections. 

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

In times of recession, governments are better off spending money.  In response to the 2008 recession Republicans in congress advocated for spending cuts, which they got. They then campaigned on "the slowest recovery in history".

Didn’t Bush Admin propose all the bailout money, i.e. spending money at the beginning of the recession?  

What year did Republicans advocate for spending cuts?  That would be 2011/2012.   That would be three years AFTER the recession started and WELL after it ended. 

So again, when did Republicans tank the Stimulus spending that was already approved?   Austerity is a different argument than the charge you initially made.  

From your first link.  When does “temporary” end?  1 yr, 3yrs,10yrs, forever??

Here, they were following the perfectly sound logic of Keynesian economics, which held that during a recession, the government should boost demand by temporarily increasing the deficit.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Didn’t Bush Admin propose all the bailout money, i.e. spending money at the beginning of the recession?  

What year did Republicans advocate for spending cuts?  That would be 2011/2012.   That would be three years AFTER the recession started and WELL after it ended. 

So again, when did Republicans tank the Stimulus spending that was already approved?   Austerity is a different argument than the charge you initially made.  

From your first link.  When does “temporary” end?  1 yr, 3yrs,10yrs, forever??

Here, they were following the perfectly sound logic of Keynesian economics, which held that during a recession, the government should boost demand by temporarily increasing the deficit.

I don't know how to explain basic economics to you any further because you want to ignore it.

Employment figures, housing, the stock market, etc. had not recovered by that time. The recession technically ended but that doesn't mean the American public felt it. 

I understand. You can't comprehend that your party may have done something wreckless and harmful to the public in order to win an election. But they did, and it was very successful. 

Is easy to figure out: compare the response to 2020 to 2008. Republicans spent trillions last year while simultaneously balking at high spending in 2008-2010 and negotiating spending cuts after 2010. 

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I don't know how to explain basic economics to you any further because you want to ignore it.

Employment figures, housing, the stock market, etc. had not recovered by that time. The recession technically ended but that doesn't mean the American public felt it. 

I understand. You can't comprehend that your party may have done something wreckless and harmful to the public in order to win an election. But they did, and it was very successful. 

Is easy to figure out: compare the response to 2020 to 2008. Republicans spent trillions last year while simultaneously balking at high spending in 2008-2010 and negotiating spending cuts after 2010. 

Will you be providing the data ever on when Republicans withheld stimulus money in order to win seats.  Getting tired of asking.  All I get back is word salads about further economic spending.  

I’m sure you are aware that the 2020 and 2008 explicitly crashes were caused by 2 vastly different factors.  One of them, you can guess which one, the government literally told business’s that they could not be open.  Thriving business’s we’re no longer able to operate.  Not because they failed, not because customers decided to go elsewhere, but because it was illegal for them to open their doors and earn a revenue stream.  Now, compare that to 2008.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

And now they've found Jesus and don't want to spend anymore.

Funny how that works. And funny who defends that, and keeps voting for Republicans even after these stunts.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

And now people actually want to compare the 2008 economic crash to the 2020 economic crash.  Too funny

Jeepers...next they'll be comparing apples and oranges. You can't compare them! One's red or green and one's orange, one has edible skin the other makes a good hangover drink. Totally different!!!!

I do not know this author. He is against CRT. I did see that Yang left the Democratic Party and formed a third party. He called it the Foward Party.

Former presidential candidate Andrew Yangofficially dumped the Democratic Party this week and a prominent Asian-American author feels it could be part of a mass exodus, as members of the Asian-American community recognize the party that relies on identity politics isn’t for them. 

"He may have chosen the Democratic Party in the first place because he felt like that was the party that basically represented Asians. And, maybe at a time, that was true but now it's increasingly not being the case," "Inconvenient Minority" author Kenny Xu told Fox News Digital. 

"Yang is just the latest in a line of Asian-Americans who are leaving the Democratic Party," Xu continued. "I know Yang, and I know that he is an ideas guy, and simply put, the Democratic Party is the home for identity politics, not the home for ideas." 

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Jeepers...next they'll be comparing apples and oranges. You can't compare them! One's red or green and one's orange, one has edible skin the other makes a good hangover drink. Totally different!!!!

Took you that long to realize this?  I think I knew that by the age of 2.  

• Haha 2
21 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Will you be providing the data ever on when Republicans withheld stimulus money in order to win seats.  Getting tired of asking.  All I get back is word salads about further economic spending.  

I've literally linked you multiple articles - the first one specifically talking about how the Budget Control Act of 2011. Republicans used government funding and the debt ceiling hostage in order to negotiate spending cuts and sequesters.

I then provided you with a lesson in Economics - governments respond to recessions by spending money and by giving their citizens money.  You were provided anecdotal evidence that compares the GOP response to the 2008 recession with the 2020 recession (HINT: they acted in the complete opposite manner in 2020 when their electoral success hinged on recovery). Because they know that economic recovery = electoral success.

You are just choosing not to see the obvious. You're trying to rationalize this by getting caught up in the reasoning behind the recessions. Don't.  The government response to any recession is the same in a big picture: increase money supply, make credit cheap, and send money to citizens. EVERYBODY knows this. Which is why it's easy to point to the 2008 and 2020 recessions as proof.

• Plus1 1