The Democrat Utopia

8 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

it's not, if for no other reason than the right doesn't have the cultural power that the left has. liberals won the culture war, and are stronger in their ability to cancel because of it

I find it funny that one particular poster always decries that there is no cancel culture while at the same time trying to get people banned from this site :D  It’s stuff you just can’t make up.  (Not you Lorewarn, I find you a decent check on some things I post) 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

This is because more and more Americans are better educated. We know that abortion is not OK. We know it's often the last resort of the desperate.

But we also know that, no matter what the law says, desperate people will do desperate things. So we temper our beliefs with reality.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 11/1/2021 at 10:23 AM, Archy1221 said:

I find it funny that one particular poster always decries that there is no cancel culture while at the same time trying to get people banned from this site :D  It’s stuff you just can’t make up.  (Not you Lorewarn, I find you a decent check on some things I post) 

:laughpound

So....when someone breaks the rules on a message board and gets banned....now that's cancel culture......

You can't make this stuff up.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
53 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....when someone breaks the rules on a message board and gets banned....now that's cancel culture......

You can't make this stuff up.

If I was speaking about breaking rules you almost would be right.  :laughpound

nope were talking about people staying within the rules.  But you knew that.  

• Plus1 2

From a longtime democratic strategist for the Clinton’s. Not sure where his current standing is within the Democratic party.

“What went wrong is stupid wokeness. Don’t just look at Virginia and New Jersey. Look at Long Island, Buffalo, look at Minneapolis, even look at Seattle, Washington. I mean this ‘defund the police’ lunacy, this take Abraham Lincoln’s name off of schools, people see that. And it really has a suppressive effect on all across the country on Democrats. Some of these people need to go to a woke detox center or something," Carville said. 

He added "We got to change this and not be about changing dictionaries and change laws."

• Plus1 2
59 minutes ago, nic said:

From a longtime democratic strategist for the Clinton’s. Not sure where his current standing is within the Democratic party.

“What went wrong is stupid wokeness. Don’t just look at Virginia and New Jersey. Look at Long Island, Buffalo, look at Minneapolis, even look at Seattle, Washington. I mean this ‘defund the police’ lunacy, this take Abraham Lincoln’s name off of schools, people see that. And it really has a suppressive effect on all across the country on Democrats. Some of these people need to go to a woke detox center or something," Carville said. 

He added "We got to change this and not be about changing dictionaries and change laws."

This is a longtime tactic by the corporate Dems - blame the left. Even though the politicians that lost were not lefties but instead corporate Dems.