The Democrat Utopia

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So tell me why the prosecution didn’t include any evidence from his phone or social media to show his racist ties?  

Because the same judge who wouldn't let the men Kyle shot be referred as victims while saying it was okay to call them rioters, didn't allow the prosecution to use social media to asses Kyle's mindset.  

Also, I'm not talking about the legal case for racism. I'm talking about the court of public opinion and the fact that racists are celebrating Kyle as a hero, and that he welcomed the embrace of the Proud Boys. 

The single picture you were talking about also comes with words and witnesses.

https://www.wpr.org/prosecutors-ask-court-ban-kyle-rittenhouse-going-bars-associating-proud-boys

I know folks on your side of this story hate playing the "what if Kyle had been Black?" game but.........what if Kyle had been a Black kid carrying an AR-15 into that exact same scene, killed two people trying to disarm him, and walked away without even a lesser count to show some culpability for his actions? For starters, we'd be having this conversation over on the Violent Unhinged Left thread. 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think they used his social media in the trial because they brought up his amazingly ridiculous tik tok name...

You have not seen comedy until you see a lawyer ask "And your tic tok name is fourdoorsandmorewhores, correct?" 

That’s why I had to use “three” in mine.  Four was already taken. 

• Haha 3

Sometimes I think progressives want everyone to be miserable.

"Starting in 1970, many Americans, led by Indigenous protesters, believed that Thanksgiving should be rededicated as a National Day of Mourning to reflect the centuries-long displacement and persecution of Native Americans. The recent shift from Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples Day reflects a changing national mood," the event description states. "Should Americans reconsider Thanksgiving when wrestling with our country’s complicated past?"

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, nic said:

Sometimes I think progressives want everyone to be miserable.

Progressives want everyone to be miserable as much as conservatives want to be happy and oblivious to problems that don't affect them and thus don't exist. 

That is to say, a small amount probably do, but for most that's far too simplistic of an analysis.

• Plus1 2

25 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I can only imagine the stuff they saw and did.  I wonder if he wrote letters home, maybe someday you will find them.

My family has a letter that he wrote to his mom before his first battle. I have a framed copy of it. It’s amazing to read.  He eventually was shot and spent months in a hospital recovering. He was released in time to join the march. 

He eventually came back to farm in Kansas. He was like my great, great, great grandfather. They eventually moved to Nebraska to farm.  

interestingly, his wife was the great grand daughter of John Adams. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Progressives want everyone to be miserable as much as conservatives want to be happy and oblivious to problems that don't affect them and thus don't exist. 

That is to say, a small amount probably do, but for most that's far too simplistic of an analysis.

I was being a bit flippant. I am sure there are reasonable progressives with their heart in right place. My nieces being two of them. I also know many conservatives who recognize issues and spend lots of time and money trying to help. My family is currently helping Afghan refugees from the evacuation fiasco settle in Denver. Before that we helped a Karin State family. Many other inner city ministries as well. I get to come home to the comfortable suburb and really only get a glimpse of others lives. When a university faculty suggests we turn Thanksgiving into a day of mourning they have lost me for good. I hope my kids never encounter such an instructor. 

• Plus1 1