The Democrat Utopia

On 11/19/2021 at 7:31 PM, teachercd said:

You are not really saying that someone who was a racist his entire life, and was in the KKK was all of a sudden no longer a racist because he said he wasn't one...are you?

I mean, this kid on trial is probably c$%k and a racist, it is okay to admit that too.

If Dahmer said that he renounced being a serial killer and that all serial killers were bad people...would he still be a serial killer?

If Mike Tyson said all rapists are bad people and he regrets raping...is he still a rapist?

Don't let a$$h@!es off the hook. 

I don't know, I am not a big fan of that type of thinking. 

I understand thinking differently about someone after they have "changed" or something like that, but even Byrd all but says that he is a forever racist. 

This weirdo Kyle kid, no matter what he does the rest of his life, is always going to be the freak that did what he did and hates blacks and jews (I think he hates jews, not sure!)

On 11/19/2021 at 8:21 PM, teachercd said:

Be honest, is defending Byrd as a good person also a sign of desperation (Hint, it is).

This thread got stupid, shocker.

This is some of the dumbest stuff you've ever posted. No where did I say Byrd was suddenly a good person or that his KKK support should be forgotten. But there's a GIGANTIC difference between someone who supports or is a member of the KKK or Proud Boys vs someone once was but has renounced those ties. Pretending there's no difference is a sign or desperation and ignorance.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, RedDenver said:

This is some of the dumbest stuff you've ever posted. No where did I say Byrd was suddenly a good person or that his KKK support should be forgotten. But there's a GIGANTIC difference between someone who supports or is a member of the KKK or Proud Boys vs someone once was but has renounced those ties. Pretending there's no difference is a sign or desperation and ignorance.

I agree, you were desperate, you went with a hail mary, it failed.  It is okay.

So much easier to just call them both out for being bad people. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Byrd was in the KKK like... decades ago, right? And died more than a decade ago?

He's the Lawrence Phillips of conservative "gotcha" 

In addition it's the Dixiecrats like Byrd who now make up a huge portion of the Trumpists base of the Republican Party.   

• Plus1 4
57 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Sometimes the truth hurts.   Sorry that those Democrats like him were awful people. 

Scarlet already pointed this out, but why are you dipping back 50 years to find this awful Democrat, when awful people in your party are currently walking the land, tweeting horrible s#!t, posing for selfies with fellow racists, and advocating for regressive policies? 

Follow up question: what truth do you think I'm having trouble accepting? 

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

I agree, you were desperate, you went with a hail mary, it failed.  It is okay.

So much easier to just call them both out for being bad people. 

Archy is trying to minimize how bad one is by citing the other. I'm pointing out it's not an apples to apples comparison and that there's nuance to the conversation because one of them renounced what he did. You're here pretending that the world is black and white and that somehow people that can see color and acknowledge it are wrong. I'm kinda sad for you.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Archy is trying to minimize how bad one is by citing the other. I'm pointing out it's not an apples to apples comparison and that there's nuance to the conversation because one of them renounced what he did. You're here pretending that the world is black and white and that somehow people that can see color and acknowledge it are wrong. I'm kinda sad for you.

Yep.

The only applicable parallel is when a horrible Republican disavows his or her horrible past and pursues a new life advocating for positive change.

Do you let them change? Or do you keep calling them an awful person depending on the political party you're trying to discredit? 

There are some truly inspirational tales of pure hate-spewing racists who turn their belief systems around, including George Wallace and Lester Maddox. But also a pretty famous case from Lincoln Nebraska involving a Ku Klux Klan member and a Jewish rabbi and his wife. 

https://journalstar.com/news/local/jewish-couple-in-lincoln-who-took-in-klansman-in-1992-recall-old-message-of-human/article_cf678528-20a5-5274-9a62-88cf13bb2b4e.html 

• Plus1 2
45 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I don't care what he is trying to do.

Both guys are bad.  We both agree on that.

I appreciate you feeling sad for me.  

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

carlet already pointed this out, but why are you dipping back 50 years to find this awful Democrat, when awful people in your party are currently walking the land, tweeting horrible s#!t, posing for selfies with fellow racists, and advocating for regressive policies? 

And people in your party are mowing down others with their vehicles while at Christmas parades, setting fire and looting stores.  

I was told that taking a picture with an apparent proud boy makes you a white supremacist.  It seems that eulogizing a KKK member would at the very least get you that same tag:dunno  I mean what’s more intimate, a random picture or a eulogy?  

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yep.

The only applicable parallel is when a horrible Republican disavows his or her horrible past and pursues a new life advocating for positive change.

Do you let them change? Or do you keep calling them an awful person depending on the political party you're trying to discredit? 

There are some truly inspirational tales of pure hate-spewing racists who turn their belief systems around, including George Wallace and Lester Maddox. But also a pretty famous case from Lincoln Nebraska involving a Ku Klux Klan member and a Jewish rabbi and his wife. 

https://journalstar.com/news/local/jewish-couple-in-lincoln-who-took-in-klansman-in-1992-recall-old-message-of-human/article_cf678528-20a5-5274-9a62-88cf13bb2b4e.html 

Do you let them change?  No, they have to change.

Do you forgive?  Maybe, that is up to each person.

Do you forget?  Nope