The Democrat Utopia

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Spotify made this bed when they signed on Rogan. It wasn't a mystery that Rogan talks politics before Spotify signed him, so I'm not all that sympathetic to Spotify especially given political talk shows are a part of their business. And Rogan is making part of his money off of his misinformation about covid, so I'm not all that sympathetic towards him either. Rogan runs his own show and could bring on experts to help educate him and his audience on what he got wrong about covid or he could double down on the misinformation, so he's free to take actions on his show about the issues.

Does Spotify have political talk shows from both sides of the isle? I only use it to listen to music in the car. I have never listened to Rogan. If bad COVID info is his crime, that will blow over in another 6 months.

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Joe Rogan did have Sanjay Gupta from CNN on his show for like 2 hrs.  

"I guess a small part of me thought I might change Joe Rogan's mind about vaccines," Gupta wrote. "After this last exchange, I realized it was probably futile. His mind was made up, and there would always be plenty of misinformation out there neatly packaged to support his convictions."

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

"I guess a small part of me thought I might change Joe Rogan's mind about vaccines," Gupta wrote. "After this last exchange, I realized it was probably futile. His mind was made up, and there would always be plenty of misinformation out there neatly packaged to support his convictions."

Ok:dunno

• Plus1 2

Honestly, Joe Rogan has a really interesting guest list and generates really interesting conversations. I have no desire to see him banned, and maintain the same standard for my adversaries on HB.  But if he wants to lead a cause -- and it appears that he does -- he's gotta accept the blowback, especially when he's dealing in random parts from the internet and passing them off as the "equivalent" of the other side. 

What's funny is that this is simply free-market capitalism at work. You can sell your product wherever you want, and take your business wherever you want. And if the money is more important to you, you are free to change your opinion. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, nic said:

Does Spotify have political talk shows from both sides of the isle? I only use it to listen to music in the car. I have never listened to Rogan. If bad COVID info is his crime, that will blow over in another 6 months.

You should give it a try.  I like it.  The Joe Rogan Experience (Show) on YouTube is recreational listening & viewing.  He brings on a guest and they talk. It's one-on-one format.  As the host, he gives the guest the floor without interrupting continually with his own thoughts & opinions, like a lot of host have been doing forever.  They pretty much talk.  They go back and forth.  It's usually done really well.  But it's not perfect or amazing, or the guide to be the thought or voice of america's future, present or past.  They just talking like they got drinks on the table in front of them, but without having them.

From my experience, some people do not like him because of whatever

• Plus1 1

I'm always curious:

Where do people find the time to listen to podcasts, or

Watch a new series on Netflix, or

Whatever else requires multiple hours?

I need to really look into my time management because outside of sleeping hours, my "free time" more than likely comes in like 15-20 minute increments every few hours.  I'm pretty sure I have adult-onset ADHD because of this.  Even if I do get several hours in a row of down time, I hate the idea of spending it on listening/watching one thing.

• Oh Yeah! 1
5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Neil Young left a platform that encourages a wide variety of ideas to be spoken about, for a company that uses basically slave labor to build its products while supporting a human rights abusing regimen :dunno   He has interesting priorities.  

I'm old enough to remember when anti-vaxxers were roundly mocked and marginalized as the affluent morons with more time and money than sense that they are.

Somehow we've undergone a bit of a reckoning since then and that's been neatly repackaged into "encouraging a wide variety of ideas to be spoken about" and vice has morphed into virtue.

Funny how that happened.

• Plus1 6
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

But if he wants to lead a cause -- and it appears that he does -- he's gotta accept the blowback, especially when he's dealing in random parts from the internet and passing them off as the "equivalent" of the other side. 

"lead a cause" and "misinformation" seem like such wildly overblown language. 

He's a dude chilling, drinking, smoking weed and shooting the s#!t with people. That's all his podcast is, 3-4+ hours at a time just chitchatting about anything and everything. He's also a self-described meathead dips#!t idiot and has told people numerous times not to take medical or scientific advice from him because he has no idea what he's talking about. Only difference is he gets paid a f#&% ton of money for it and massive amounts of people like listening.

There's no misinformation responsibility or cause/crusade happening when you get a drink with some whacko spouting nonsense at the bar, so there shouldn't be here either. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

"lead a cause" and "misinformation" seem like such wildly overblown language. 

He's a dude chilling, drinking, smoking weed and shooting the s#!t with people. That's all his podcast is, 3-4+ hours at a time just chitchatting about anything and everything. He's also a self-described meathead dips#!t idiot and has told people numerous times not to take medical or scientific advice from him because he has no idea what he's talking about. Only difference is he gets paid a f#&% ton of money for it and massive amounts of people like listening.

There's no misinformation responsibility or cause/crusade happening when you get a drink with some whacko spouting nonsense at the bar, so there shouldn't be here either. 

This!

Trash goes in, trash comes out.  The American media intake borderlines on criminal but we are happy to soak it in.  This nation is on a crash course with drama only because we thrive on drama!

Pisses me off!

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

He's also a self-described meathead dips#!t idiot and has told people numerous times not to take medical or scientific advice from him because he has no idea what he's talking about.

I agree with the main thrust of your post but it becomes a problem for our broader society when the other disph#t idiots aren't capable of this part.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, nic said:

Does Spotify have political talk shows from both sides of the isle?

Spotify signed Rogan knowing he has political talk on his show, regardless of what ever less is on Spotify.

1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

Yep, totally the same as a large media company paying the whacko milliions and providing a platform for the whacko to reach millions.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yep, totally the same as a large media company paying the whacko milliions and providing a platform for the whacko to reach millions.

If it's not the same then name the dollar amount and/or the number of people listening that makes it cross some magical threshold of being problematic.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I'm old enough to remember when anti-vaxxers were roundly mocked and marginalized as the affluent morons with more time and money than sense that they are.

Somehow we've undergone a bit of a reckoning since then and that's been neatly repackaged into "encouraging a wide variety of ideas to be spoken about" and vice has morphed into virtue.

Funny how that happened.

So you are saying you don’t like a differing of opinions.  That’s fine.  I’m old enough to remember when that was a bad thing.

I don’t have Spotify not listen to Rogan outside a few clips that get shown on other platforms.  I have no dog in the fight.  Funny how others that don’t listen to him either get so upset by him though.  

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, nic said:

This language got me.

“ creates a space that is family friendly and free from patriarchal practices.”

almost as if dads are bad….

“ disruption of Western nuclear family dynamics”

Disruption seems like doing away with it…or rearranging maybe. And why Western? Is that referring to Western culture? Seems like “us vs. them”. Western culture is bad.

That does sound like they are implying dads are bad.  I wonder if it has something to do with BLM founders being lesbian marxists.  I'm surprised that is one of their goals considering many studies have shown fatherless homes are highly correlated to children turning into criminals.  It's almost like they are trying to hurt blacks.  Huh.

• Oh Yeah! 1