The Democrat Utopia

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, knapplc said:

Do the crime, do the time. 

That dude's fall from grace from very nearly being the governor of Florida is staggering.

And yet you don't see a bunch of people flocking to his defense swearing about things like witch hunts and hoaxes. Almost as if the crazy is asymmetrical. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

17 hours ago, funhusker said:

“Liberal world order” doesn’t mean what most Americans will think it means…

Back in the day it was New World Order, and it was considered “spooky” by some. What does Liberal World Order mean? How is it different than New World Order or is it the New World Order rebranded?

Liberal World Order does not sound like any fun. They need better marketing. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
49 minutes ago, nic said:

Back in the day it was New World Order, and it was considered “spooky” by some. What does Liberal World Order mean? How is it different than New World Order or is it the New World Order rebranded?

Liberal World Order does sound like any fun. They need better marketing. 

you've never heard of it?

After World War II—the deadliest conflict in human history—countries sought to ensure the world never again devolved into such horrific violence.

World leaders created a series of international organizations and agreements to promote global cooperation on issues including security, trade, health, and monetary policy. The United States has championed this system—known as the liberal world order—for the past seventy-five years. During this time, the world has enjoyed unprecedented peace and prosperity.

https://world101.cfr.org/how-world-works-and-sometimes-doesnt/global-governance/what-liberal-world-order

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, commando said:

you've never heard of it?

After World War II—the deadliest conflict in human history—countries sought to ensure the world never again devolved into such horrific violence.

World leaders created a series of international organizations and agreements to promote global cooperation on issues including security, trade, health, and monetary policy. The United States has championed this system—known as the liberal world order—for the past seventy-five years. During this time, the world has enjoyed unprecedented peace and prosperity.

https://world101.cfr.org/how-world-works-and-sometimes-doesnt/global-governance/what-liberal-world-order

I do not think I have heard it. If I had heard that term referenced, I have long since forgotten. Does this include organizations like the United nations and the WHO? They seem to be failing miserably and I would stand by my statement that Trump was a shock to this system.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

If anyone thinks that by allowing Russia to waltz right through Ukraine, setup a vassal state, and control the Black Sea ports forever will cause the price of oil and other goods to return to pre-invasion levels is sorely mistaken.  Putin brought this war.  He needs to be stopped now or it'll cost a hell of a lot more both in money and lives later.   I can't believe I had to type that.  Is history taught in schools anymore?

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, nic said:

I do not think I have heard it. If I had heard that term referenced, I have long since forgotten. Does this include organizations like the United nations and the WHO? They seem to be failing miserably and I would stand by my statement that Trump was a shock to this system.

I agree...a fascist in control of the leading democracy did shock the system.   

• Plus1 6
2 hours ago, nic said:

What would be your solution to make sure a repeat of WWII doesn't happen?  Isolationism?  That worked so well before.

59 minutes ago, commando said:

I agree...a fascist in control of the leading democracy did shock the system.   

I don’t think we’re going to recover from it. It’s all downhill from here. It’s just a matter of how quick things happen. 

• Plus1 1