The Democrat Utopia

4 minutes ago, nic said:

The students laughed at the professor’s answer…there is hope.

Their is hope for the next generation.   They also understand there is more to gender identification than just bone structure as well.  

The one that I am fascinated with, their is an AI software that can determine the race of a person based solely on the X-Ray and scientists to not know how it knows and it is alarmingly accurate.   It throws out the old notion of 'black/white/brown doesn't matter, we are all the same underneath'.   Clearly it's not true, but we don't know how to identify it yet.

• Plus1 1
On 3/28/2023 at 7:31 PM, nic said:

In general I would guess liberals dislike religion because of fake Christians, Patriotism because they are more likely to be globalist, and the poll also said tolerance was up. Hard work may be a toss up.

Things went sideways when patriotism become defined by the Second Amendment and foreign military incursions. You could make the case that "all men are created equal," separation of church and state, and defending the underdog hews more closely to both the Founding Fathers and liberal leanings when it comes to patriotism. Tolerance is pretty much engraved on the Statue of Liberty.

Hard work will always be its own reward, but you do have a generation that appears willing to sacrifice a certain amount of salary and ambition for a more personally-rewarding and less-stressful lifestyle. That's not the craziest thing in the world. Can't say I know any liberal parents lobbying against hard work per se, although I don't think any of them want their kids working on roofing crews or as field hands. 

I don't know a single liberal who identifies themselves as a globalist, or who even knows what the term is supposed to mean,

• Haha 2
45 minutes ago, sho said:

Their is hope for the next generation.   They also understand there is more to gender identification than just bone structure as well.  

The one that I am fascinated with, their is an AI software that can determine the race of a person based solely on the X-Ray and scientists to not know how it knows and it is alarmingly accurate.   It throws out the old notion of 'black/white/brown doesn't matter, we are all the same underneath'.   Clearly it's not true, but we don't know how to identify it yet.

There's always been subtle evolutionary difference between ethnicities as far as bone structure, susceptibility to certain diseases, how alcohol affects them, avg height, etc. We're all somewhat unique, but no one is superior to another. Racism is still stupid AF. We're all human.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

I prefer science to maintain its integrity. Hardly a surprise that the hip structure made for child bearing would show a readily identifiable difference between males and females, and anthropologists/archeologists have had no trouble making that distinction in the past. The larger gender and sex identity discussion has little to do with this, and the science shouldn't bend to help it out. 

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I think the hang up is on "prove innocence".  Not prove guilt...

The standard is "innocent until proven guilty."  Is there any way Nancy Pelosi could have phrased it that wouldn't have fomented the same reaction?

Just leave innocence and guilt out entirely, I guess, and say the "right to a fair trial."

No Trump supporter would question the words "fair trial" right? 

• Plus1 3