The Democrat Utopia

12 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I can see what you are getting at.  But people were defending Hillary, not Bill.  I've yet to come across an article about how awful Moore's wife must be since she hasn't filed for divorce after these allegations came out.

I was talking about when these allegations came out during Bill Clinton's Presidency and James Carville going on talk show's totally trashing his accusers saying  things like "you never know what you'll get when you wave a $50 bill around a trailer court."

6 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

I was talking about when these allegations came out during Bill Clinton's Presidency and James Carville going on talk show's totally trashing his accusers saying  things like "you never know what you'll get when you wave a $50 bill around a trailer court."

That's why no one should ever care what Carville has to say.

EDIT: But Hannity has a show on a major network right now, so talking about Carville right now doesn't make sense.

Edited by RedDenver
2 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

Sorry, I didn't realize Sean Hannity took a strong position on Bill Clinton in the late 90's when his audience was 50,000 people...

Just now, funhusker said:

Then what are you doing?  BRB brought of Hannity in the context of he would be all over democrats, and you specifically said he did.

I'm showing that he is just as sleazy as the democrats who attacked the woman that Bill Clinton allegedly assaulted.  That is not defending him.

So, big picture, when should allegations be enough to force someone to drop out of a race; or resign office if already elected?

To me, these allegations against Moore just "feel true."   But I sure wouldn't like that standard used against me if I were accused of something like this.

Edited by Dbqgolfer
5 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

So, big picture, when should allegations be enough to force someone to drop out of a race; or resign office if already elected?

To me, these allegations against Moore just "feel true."   But I sure wouldn't like that standard used against me if I were accused of something like this.

Certainly if they are indicted or convicted. Otherwise I think it's a gray area where the voters/party have to make the decision. If an accuser has solid evidence or a whole bunch of accusers come forth and seem credible, then I'd lean towards forcing resignation.

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Certainly if they are indicted or convicted. Otherwise I think it's a gray area where the voters/party have to make the decision. If an accuser has solid evidence or a whole bunch of accusers come forth and seem credible, then I'd lean towards forcing resignation.

That makes sense to me.  With the Roy Moore accusations, the accusers just seem credible to me.  At least until Gloria Allred showed up.

Bill Clinton isn't even the only former President (either party) whose past may need a more careful revisiting now. It gives me zero joy to say this -- this isn't the first time in the past few weeks HW has been brought up. He has had probably one of the more stately, sterling reputations in all of politics in the past few decades with respect from both sides of the aisle. I really don't know what to say here. :/ 

There's going to be a lot of stuff that is going to come out about a lot of people, many of whom we have respected. It will complicate their story a lot, and we're going to have to reckon with it.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Dbqgolfer said:

And of course, most of those now attacking Roy Moore defended Bill Clinton to the max.

This is the kind of throw-away tribalist comment we don't need in American politics today.  There's no proof, there's no way to object to it, it's just the same as saying, "I'm Republican/Conservative and I hate seeing my team bashed." 

I disagree with you on a lot of our political views but I'm pretty confident in saying that you are better than this. Please rethink this comment. I can disagree with you while respecting your opinion. This is not a respectable stance.

• Plus1 3
53 minutes ago, zoogs said:

Bill Clinton isn't even the only former President (either party) whose past may need a more careful revisiting now. It gives me zero joy to say this -- this isn't the first time in the past few weeks HW has been brought up. He has had probably one of the more stately, sterling reputations in all of politics in the past few decades with respect from both sides of the aisle. I really don't know what to say here. :/ 

There's going to be a lot of stuff that is going to come out about a lot of people, many of whom we have respected. It will complicate their story a lot, and we're going to have to reckon with it.

Yep, and as a father with a 16 year old daughter, if it means less inappropriate touching, I'm all for it.

Edited by Dbqgolfer
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is the kind of throw-away tribalist comment we don't need in American politics today.  There's no proof, there's no way to object to it, it's just the same as saying, "I'm Republican/Conservative and I hate seeing my team bashed." 

I disagree with you on a lot of our political views but I'm pretty confident in saying that you are better than this. Please rethink this comment. I can disagree with you while respecting your opinion. This is not a respectable stance.

I only meant to point out that when the accusations went the other way, the same arguments were being used, people just switched sides as to whom they believed.  Not to defend Hannity, but to show he's no better now than the other side was then.  And not to defend the other side, as they were not better then, than Hannity is now.