The Democrat Utopia

Despite her being from my state, I have not read too much on her or know much about her.  Being she is a rep for a different district than mine.

But if anyone knows more, maybe they can help me out.

Is she anit-Jew as a whole or more anti-Israel and the current way they form their policies?  Meaning, I haven't read where she comes out against ALL Jewish people.  But she certainly have something against the way Israel is run.

Does that make sense what I'm asking?

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

Despite her being from my state, I have not read too much on her or know much about her.  Being she is a rep for a different district than mine.

But if anyone knows more, maybe they can help me out.

Is she anit-Jew as a whole or more anti-Israel and the current way they form their policies?  Meaning, I haven't read where she comes out against ALL Jewish people.  But she certainly have something against the way Israel is run.

Does that make sense what I'm asking?

From what I've read, Omar is critical of Israel's government and of the money being used to influence American politicians to be pro-Israel, but she's made some questionable comments that deserve some criticism and backlash. That backlash has evolved into smears against her rather than informed criticism. The article I linked earlier gives good context.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Ilhan Omar’s tweet revealed core truths about anti-Semitism in AmericaOmar’s tweet was bad. But the Republican reaction was profoundly hypocritical.

That's an article that's worth reading because it describes both why Omar deserved criticism and why a lot of the reaction is way overblown and hypocritical.

3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'd say it has more to do with the fact that her and Taliab are openly, and shamelessly anti-Semitic. 

My point was that if that were the case, it would have been a much bigger deal outside of Democratic circles when House MInority Leader Kevin McCarthy peddled the exact same crap. Or when Trump slipped this into a tweet:

160702123222-trump-star-tweet-clinton-ba

Or when Steve King has done much worse, multiple times.

I think it has to do with the fact that they're Democrats and it's politically useful, because they've looked the other way on a lot of anti-semitism in the past.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

My point was that if that were the case, it would have been a much bigger deal outside of Democratic circles when House MInority Leader Kevin McCarthy peddled the exact same crap. Or when Trump slipped this into a tweet:

160702123222-trump-star-tweet-clinton-ba

Or when Steve King has done much worse, multiple times.

I think it has to do with the fact that they're Democrats and it's politically useful, because they've looked the other way on a lot of anti-semitism in the past.

Or when Trump told a room full of Jews that they didn't support him because he didn't want any of their money.  Or when he called Neo-Nazi's fine people.  Or when he tweeted about Jon Stewart but made sure to put his very Jewish real last name in the tweet, etc.

• 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pelosi reportedly told Democrats she wants Trump to go to prison. Yet she won’t impeach him. :dunno  Is she trying to sound tough without actually doing anything? He’s not going to prison before his presidency is over (not that he is at all), so that’s a non starter. 

31 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Pelosi reportedly told Democrats she wants Trump to go to prison. Yet she won’t impeach him. :dunno  Is she trying to sound tough without actually doing anything? He’s not going to prison before his presidency is over (not that he is at all), so that’s a non starter. 

I think her reasoning is he won't be removed from office via impeachment and she thinks it will galvanize his base and give him a shot at reelection where he will be untouchable for 4 more years. Her strategy is to use the evidence against him in a campaign setting, beating him at the ballet box then putting him in prison for his crimes once he is a regular civilian again.

• Plus1 2
32 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think her reasoning is he won't be removed from office via impeachment and she thinks it will galvanize his base and give him a shot at reelection where he will be untouchable for 4 more years. Her strategy is to use the evidence against him in a campaign setting, beating him at the ballet box then putting him in prison for his crimes once he is a regular civilian again.

But if you’re worried he’s going to refuse to step down, why talk about sending him to prison right now? Let it play out in the court system if he’s guilty of crimes. Don’t increase the likelihood of toppling our government. 

• Plus1 1